• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

🍄 Gardening 🍄 High doses of VITEX (chaste berry)

Castillo

Bluelighter
Hi I was wondering if anyone has tried high doses of Vitex? Like in the grams, not milligrams? Im at a dose of 5000mg (5g) to feel any relief. I am female with menstrual issues. I have brain impairment from SSRI/benzo withdrawals and this dose is what helped those symptoms. Except im feeling some discomfort in my sides and im noticing thirst.

Curious, what is the mechanism behind this to help with withdrawals, or is it just in your experience it helps with it? Looking into it I see mostly hormonal actions, interesting to see it has action with progesterone, estrogen and prolactin aiding with menstrural and PMS issues, never heard of this until now. (Which I'd be careful with, prolactin is something you don't want to be high), how much is a common dose? As with the hormonal interactions, this can't be good long term.

Curious, what is the mechanism behind this to help with withdrawals, or is it just in your experience it helps with it? Looking into it I see mostly hormonal actions, interesting to see it has action with progesterone, estrogen and prolactin aiding with menstrural and PMS issues, never heard of this until now. (Which I'd be careful with, prolactin is something you don't want to be high), how much is a common dose? As with the hormonal interactions, this can't be good long term.
Hi! That’s the thing. I could not recover from withdrawals. And then years in I developed a “female” hemorrhaging problem. Through blood tests I discovered my prolactin was high and progesterone less robust. But then I recalled from my muddled days of withdrawals that my prolactin blood tests were always on the high end. This means, my prolactin only lowered slightly as healing continued over 8 years. I’m sure i became more estrogenic with time due to terrible liver and gut. So I went down the rabbit hole on how to remedy high prolactin and estrogen and I landed on Vitex. High prolactin can mean low dopamine. And when Vitex wiped out my post withdrawal syndrome symptoms, I finally realized dopamine was the issue all along. 8 years of suffering PAWS and it was dopamine NOT serotonin, like most in withdrawal would draw conclusions from. I suffered what felt like serotonin syndrome everyday for 8 years in varying degrees.

As to common dose I believe 2500mg is the highest recommended but there has been suggestions of 3 pills 3x a day at 400mg, which brings us above the 2500mg. I plan on doing it for 6 months until prolactin lowers and I will get blood panels at 3 months and 6 months. Some do take for up to 2 years to level hormones and the feedback loop.

Last edited:
Opioidergic effects. Activates delta+mu receptors, thinking about making a thread about it for potentiation.