• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

High dose shrooms are the most bizarre hallucinogen for me (uncommon reaction)

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I found mushrooms last out of all of the psychedelics I've done. I first found LSD, then LSA, then mescaline, then DMT. I thought I knew what to expect from a psychedelic, but when I took shrooms I got something completely unlike any other experience I'd had in any way.

In lower doses shrooms are a typical psych. Enhanced colors, warm fluid body high, the regular deal. But higher doses get incredibly peculiar. I start to see a very specific set of visuals and feel a presence overcome me. I slowly start to feel incredibly "untuned". It feels as if there is a torrent of energy flowing all around me, making me uncomfortable due to over stimulation. I start to walk in a bent over position, bent 90 degrees and the waist. For some reason, taking this position makes my head feel more "clear" or grounded, but this doesn't work for long on a high dose.

The body load gets progressively worse no matter what I do, and then the entity starts talking to me. I once tried taking both ginger and ondansetron at once during a 5 gram trip, and the entity was laughing at me and mocking me. It said something like "You really think that will work? You're hilarious. Don't kid yourself." The vibes and energy progressively get more and more overwhelming and a storm of visuals come about. All kinds of random alphabetical characters moving incredibly quickly around, turning into images very comparable to those found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnthornton/sets/72157627356593056/

At this point, I am always feeling incredibly nauseous, overstimulated and overwhelmed. I can walk around, yet my environment means absolutely nothing to me. Ordinarily on trips I will be lighting incense and turning on trippy lights, putting on music and trying to trip myself out, but with shrooms I become stuck in my head and my surroundings aren't of any interest whatsoever. It feels almost like participating in existence is incredibly unappealing. I get some pretty intense RLS, and then I begin the vomitting.

Throwing up on shrooms is a very specific process for me. My gut becomes incredibly sensitive and I can literally feel all of the fungal matter (and sometimes food) in my stomach. I have to vomit until I've felt the mushroom leave my body or the nausea will stay at an intolerable level. Once I get it out of me, I start to feel a little bit better, but I still feel as if I don't want to participate in this experience, or any experience at all. Then, this is where the weirdest part starts happening. I get these visions of a spirit cayman thrashing it's head about. It's face resembles depictions of quetzalcoatl, although the snout seems longer and the eyes a bit bulgy. It's also made of blue/green/yellow lights. It's body seems kind of stubby and much less long than that of quetzalcoatl. The cayman's thrashing is incredibly hypnotic and it somehow convinces me to get on the ground and sweep my head side to side in the same exact motion as it seems to perform. It slowly makes me do these strange movements and I see that I begin to feel better.

My muscles are in RLS agony. At this point in the trip I often feel as if I have to be constantly moving, otherwise the strange energies swirling around me overpower me and I feel almost as if I have the flu or something. I'm usually pacing around at this point and it feels as if the entity is literally pushing me over and then catching me right after I lose balance. This, combined with the grounding movements of the cayman spirit, form a very intense dance which I am involuntarily pushed into. My only other option is to fight it, which I have actually done before when I didn't feel up to dancing for 5 hours straight just to feel comfortable. The dance is very very taxing on my body.

I cannot stress this enough, I CANNOT feel comfortable unless I am constantly dancing throughout the whole trip until I begin coming down. I can fight it, but when I do, it becomes a slow crawl back to sanity and calmness until I'm sober enough to mentally turn myself around. When I ask this mushroom entity (it's a different one each time), it tells me that I'm doing nothing wrong and that I just need to let it take my body over. Although the entity is different each time, the cayman seems to be a recurring theme. On my first major shroom trip, the cayman was the entity, but in the trips since, it's as if the cayman is not the focus of the trip and is only stopping in to say hello.

At the point when I'm coming down, it actually tells me at the exact point in my trip where I can have my body back and finally relax. I have been meditating for most of my life yet during a mushroom trip, meditation doesn't seem to help the body load even a little bit. Lying down makes it worse, and paying attention to the visuals makes the overwhelming energy seem even more intense. Can anyone offer me some answers? Maybe I'm just taking too much mushrooms? Is there any way I could possibly ever have a relaxing high dose shroom trip? I've heard that liberties are more gentle than the most common mushrooms found around my area. Would they perhaps give me a more standard psychedelic experience?

Last edited:
Yeah wtf lol...5-8g had me more floored and lethargic than stimulated to dance haha

Yeah, maybe decrease your dose? LOL, don't see why that is not a pretty obvious answer?