• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High benzo dose for flying (panic disorder with agoraphobia)

membvan

Greenlighter
I have an upcoming flight, and I have panic disorder with agoraphobia. I am actually flying to an appointment to see a psych that specializes in this.

I have walked off of multiple flights in the last few months, and these are the medicines and doses that I took which did NOT work.

- Xanax 3 mg
- Ativan 2.5 mg
- Klonopin 2.5 mg
- Valium 20 mg

How much higher do I need to go with any of these drugs to be 100% calm and sedated? I thought the 3 mg of Xanax would really do me in, but it just made me panic more?

Please help! No doctor or pharmacist will tell me how much is "SAFE" to take at once. They just tell me to "take as prescribed"

Daily, I only take 0.5 mg Klonopin at bed time. So my tolerance shouldn't be that high. Do not abuse benzos unless I am trying to get on a plane LOL

I was thinking maybe 4 mg's of Ativan this time? Sublingual?
I do not drink alcohol.

If 3mg of xanax is making you panic more this and the orther benzos youre taking are not suitable to your body. I would ask for olanzapine in the range of 20mg that would sedate you and is not a benzo

Great idea, I've never thought to ask for something other than a benzo!

How longs the flight 20mg of Zyprexa will make a non tolerant person sleep 18 + hours

You can get it in lower strengths eg 5mg 10mg 20mg but when i first took it i was only asleep for 9hrs but your mileage may vary has everybody is different