• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hiding used needles in house???

Kaseynicole18

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I hope this is okay to post here, if not please (nicely !) let me know. I live in my house with my mom and recently have started slamming ice. I've been to many websites and forums/videos focusing on harm reduction and am being clean and safe with the whole process. And I have an area to hide the paraphernalia from being found, but my question is what to do with the used needles? Right now I have them (with the caps back on) in a shopping bag and then wrapped that up and stuck it inside a bubble mailer that I received my pack of needles in. The trash and recycle was just emptied by the city the other day, so I'm nervous to put the mailer holding my rigs in the trash can, even if I stick it under the one trash bag that's already in the big can. I don't want to take any chances of my mom noticing something and deciding to look into it and find them. Where can I keep my used rigs until it's safe to put them in my trash? Hopefully this post made sense, thank you! And please, no comments saying to stop and how dangerous shooting is. I'm already aware of how bad it is and all the ways things can go wrong ! I just need some advice please !

Hey dont worry about the lecturing shit, its a good question and Ive had that conundrum in the past too and so has many.

The main thing is deffo keep the caps on. I go even further and bend the needles so no one else can use them as after they are in your possession its possible they could be picked up by someone desperate.

What you have them in is fine. Make sure you hide them in the most secure spot you can think of as if your stuff is found youre in the shit.

Dont dispose of them in household trash its too risky. When you go out and about take them in that container or an empty soft drink bottle or water bottle thats opaque and has a good lid. A lot of public bathrooms have syringe disposal units so locate one and ditch them there. Medical centres or shopping malls could have them too so look there.

It's best to store used rigs in some kind of really hard plastic or metal container. The two household containers that come to mind are empty coffee containers and empty laundry detergent bottles. The coffee container is the easiest to explain away, as you can say you need to use it to store small items. Needle exchanges can be utilized to dispose of them.

i used to hide them inside beer cans with the tips broken off
but yeah you should try and dispose of them safely asap as no one wants to get spiked

Unless you live in Philly or Jersey or something you can take them to a needle exchange or pharmacy and they'll destroy them for you, I once saw some blonde girl come into my usual pharmacy and just said "Destroy this for me" and the woman at the counter took it off her, no questions asked. We don't even have meth here so I can tell you live somewhere else but most places have needle programs unless you're living in a liberally backwards military dictatorship, like Thailand or somewhere like that.
If not when I was in Israel people threw their needles on to the tracks at La Guardia, or drop them onto the freeway over Levinsky. There was a huge mall with a bridge over the freeway that went to a train station, sometimes you'd catch them ditching rigs over the side of the bridge but most people shot hagi'gat there and once you start that I don't think you care about clean needles, you just use the same one. There's also a heroin problem in Jerusalem but I think as a city-state it has different laws so they might have needle exchanges.
Anyway the point is ditching them on a train line won't hurt anybody

I usually just threw them out in the trash can at like a fast food place or gas station or something

with the caps on of course. If I lost a cap I would just bend the needle tip so it broke off and then proceed to throw it in the trash can

I guess there is better ways of doing it but tbh, if someone is going through a gas station trash bag in the first place they probably have bigger issues than coming across a capped needle in there

I would re-use needles a lot though, the most I ever re-used one was for maybe a week straight because I kept losing the new ones