• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi there.

EnjoyerOfDrugs

Bluelighter
Hey
I wouldn't call myself a long time lurker but anytime I had a question about drugs I ended up here.
Im 39, Irish,
I was a heavy user of drink heroin and crack to the point of homelessness and utter despair up until the age of 25 when I went to rehab and managed to get 3 years clean under my belt, but at 28 I had a nervous breakdown and ended up on benzos, they worked great for about 3 years than became the opposite of what they were for. I started to look for help to get off them it was a long road using the Ashton manual and by 36 I was clean again I literally spent a year in bed afraid of everything and ended up drinking again which obviously led me to the crack again, this lasted about 2 years of everyday use, than there's a blur in my brain I think I took some time off until I discovered DNM I have alot of questions about that which I'll make a thread about

Interests wise I'm pretty boring l got kicked out of school at a very young age so I didn't develop any real interests to harness into adulthood my only hobby is watching movies really I fell out of love with video games for some reason which sucks cause I got great enjoyment out of them, every now and then I'll download a game with good reviews and I just can't get into it

I haven't worked for over 10 years I never learned a skill I got kicked out of school and got a job as a barman I done other jobs over the years but never got a trade to fall back on and as I get older that becomes more regrettable over the years.

Anyway I think that's enough lol
Thank you to all the people on this site who's names I don't know who've helped with their posts over the years ✌️

Cheers.

Welcome to BL mate - I have a few friends in Ireland...Dublin and Bantry/Skibbareen areas. Beautiful country

Your benzo experience is super-common and always good for people to read - a cautionary tale

Cheers pal
Yeah Ireland is kinda going to shit these days the place is fucked

And yeah id take a heavy as shit cold turkey cluck over a another benzo detox yet here I am on benzos again and running out of supply and I can't get an order through the post, what's on the streets is a drug called tranex and there rotten.