• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hi, is Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) safe during opiate withdrawal? I stocked up on it

crisler

Bluelighter
I never seen it mentioned in any withdrawal recipes. I find it to be an amazing anti-nausea remedy for opiate use, but how come its never mentioned to use for opiate withdrawal? Is it bad because of what type of drug it is? Does it negatively impact withdrawals? I stocked up on some for the next two weeks. Thanks whoever can help me.

It makes the terrible restless legs during opiate WD much worse. I would recommend something else for sleep and nausea. For example Promethazine.

You should try hydroxyzine, I think I've read a studyststating that it could be helpful in Drug resistant RLS, it too helps with nausea and in addition to that some people find it as helpful as benzos, without the danger of deadly withdrawal etc.

Diphenhydramine (the antihistamine in Dramamine) has significant anticholinergic effects, which in high doses can easily lead to a dangerous case of cardiac arrythmia, which is going to be exacerbated by the Chlorotheophylline (the caffeine-like stimulant in Dramamine). In fact, if you're going to use an antihistamine-based downer, you might want to get one without a stim in it.