• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HI! I'm recieving Phenibut HLC Capsules 500mg (Gabba) - 10 Count. I need to know how many of these to take as a starting dose.

Draygoes

Bluelighter
Hi all!
I have anxiety attacks and back pain. This seems to be a mixture of muscle relaxer and anti anxiety. I also have a high tolerance to opiates that I'm trying to come down on.
How many 500 MG capsules should I take?
What will happen to me after I take them?

Thanks for your time.

I would start with 2 or maybe 3 for a stronger effect.

It's important to understand that phenibut can take 6 hours to kick in, and that the effects last well over 24 hours.

Overdosing is unpleasant, so I highly advise not taking more than 2g max within a 30 hour period.

So 1.5G is considered pleasant by first timers?

And thanks so much for the information. 6 hours? Wow!

What is this actually going to feel like?

Okay, the reason I asked that is because if this stuff is going to last more than 24 hours, I need to know that I'm probably going to enjoy it before I'm going to feel comfortable doing a dose.
I do have the stuff now, but I cannot take it until I know. This is the first drug that's actually made me nervous. I once OD'ed on Kratom and got severe wobbles (Extreme dizziness, difficulty controlling muscle and body movements. Nausea with vomiting, and a seriously horrific anxiety attack. Oh and nausea. I'm mentioning that again because it was the worst nausea I've ever had. It was horrible, but it only lasted for about four hours. I would not want to go through that for a day or more.
@Snafu in the Void Oh also, great work. You guys run a fantastic community here. And as a moderator and admin of several large communities myself, I know that you don't hear "Good Job" often so it tends to make ones day. :)

Last edited:
It would start with one and a half capsule as I have a friend whose sweet spot is is 600 - 700mg and he is in no sense lightweight when it comes to drugs while on the other hand, some, me included don't get strong effects until somewhere in a gram range so if you worry rather start low even though it's unlikely you'll get into uncomfortable territory with 1,5g .

Phenibut is tricky to dose because it does actually take 5 or 6 hours to fully come on. And everyone's sweet spot is different. I have talked to people where it is as low as 200mg, but for most people it's about a gram or so. THAT SAID, you do not want to take too much, because it is very unpleasant if you do. So I think starting with 1.5 of them is good advice.

It really does take that long to come on. It's not an "in your face" type of drug, more of a drug where at the end of the end, if you dose right, you think to yourself, god damn I had a great day. It's a day enhancer, a mood enhancer, not a drug to get fucked up on. You CAN get fucked up on it, but if you do, you've taken too much, and it's going to be unpleasant.

Phenibut is one of the harder drugs to dose correctly... you have to work your way up to find your sweet spot, but the problem is, it takes so long to come on that it's very easy to think "alright this isn't doing anything, I must need to redose" and then the redose will kick your ass, 5 hours later.

But if you work out your correct dose, phenibut is an awesome drug. It takes some trial and error and fine tuning to get it right.

Thanks so much for all of the information everyone.
So, one capsule and a half is going to be about 750 MG.
How long should I wait to redose? I'm sure it's at least six hours of course, but how long until a redose wouldn't be effected by my last dose?
Say, I do this 750 MG and if that does nothing, I do 1.5G, how long do I need to wait to do the 1.5G?

Okay, i've swallowed one capsule and then split the second one open and cut the powder in half. I then licked up one half of the powder. (SOUR + BITTER OMG)
It's 6:47 PM. I'll let everyone know how I'm going in 6 or more hours.

What can I expect hour by hour if I feel this?
I'm so sorry for three comments in a row. I'll use the edit button next time.
EDIT: First effect, very bad acid reflux. I've got acid jumping up my throat, it hurt a lot.
EDIT2: That side effect was short lived. Also, I already have acid reflux. So I imagine it's the same acid that makes it sour that messed with my reflux a bit.
EDIT3: My face is warm? It's 30 minutes after taking it, so I'm guessing it's not the medicine. Nevermind. I'm okay, I need to go watch a movie.

Last edited:
Phenibut HCL is VERY acidic, and can cause gastric issues for some. It's never been a problem for me.

As for waiting to redose for the last dose to not affect you... I would not take it any more than every 3 days. A full dose will last over 24 hours. I usually take it around noon or maybe up to as ;late as 3pm, and still feel it quite nicely when I wake up in the morning... it lasts through most of the next day.

It's tricky to dose right... not quite enough, and it's subtle or even doesn't seem to do anything. A little too much, and it can be pretty unpleasant. You have to find your sweet spot, but since it takes so long to reach full effect, it takes some trial and error over a number of tries, usually, unless you get lucky.

A lot of people either think it does nothing to them, or hate it because they took too much their first time. There is an art to dosing phenibut.

I actually wrote a user guide/trip report for it years ago, it explains how to find your ideal dose:

Phenibut HCL is VERY acidic, and can cause gastric issues for some. It's never been a problem for me.

As for waiting to redose for the last dose to not affect you... I would not take it any more than every 3 days. A full dose will last over 24 hours. I usually take it around noon or maybe up to as ;late as 3pm, and still feel it quite nicely when I wake up in the morning... it lasts through most of the next day.

It's tricky to dose right... not quite enough, and it's subtle or even doesn't seem to do anything. A little too much, and it can be pretty unpleasant. You have to find your sweet spot, but since it takes so long to reach full effect, it takes some trial and error over a number of tries, usually, unless you get lucky.

A lot of people either think it does nothing to them, or hate it because they took too much their first time. There is an art to dosing phenibut.

I actually wrote a user guide/trip report for it years ago, it explains how to find your ideal dose:

Wonderful. I mean, it's a weird drug, but I'm okay with that. Thank you so much for all of that.
It's now 2:58 AM and I'm feeling okay. I think I felt a little effect in the background..
So, I'm going to wait a full 24 hours before I dose again. According to your guide, this is probably where I should use 1.5G. Right? Or is it that after 24 hours, I may want to only use one g?
Thanks again, I'm trying really hard to keep the number of questions to a minimum.

Hey thanks for this awesome guide! I've taken kratom and phenibut together for years and love it.

Okay, so it's now 4:37. I've taken another 750MG using the advice above. I don't want to do another G because I'm afraid most of my last dose is still hanging out in my system and can cause OD.
I'll update you all in six more hours.
It's now 9:47 PM and I've taken 500 more MG as I don't feel anything. I'm also doing some poppy seeds, but my tollerance is too freaking high. It's probably not going to do anything.
Last edit for tonight. It's 5:08 AM and I'm pretty okay. I've been feeling a little light headed, is that part of this @Xorkoth ? Oh. and thanks for the huge write-up man I've been using that like a bible. Well, sort of. You know. :)

Last edited:
Hey @Draygoes

I know I'm late to the party and you're apparently already set, but I'm in agreement regarding the 2,000mg/2g maximum dosage. It's good to start slow and low with any substance, not only for matters of personal safety, but for the lesser offense of just having a really bad time by being too fucked up. As others have said, Phenibut is kind of fucked up when you take too much of it. It's supposedly an analog of the Gabapentinoids, which I believe, but these effects that are produced by high dosages are a little bit different than any of the other Gabapentinoids I have used like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica).

It would take a long time to describe the nuances, but I basically couldn't speak for several hours, was very nauseous and was basically unable to do anything requiring fine motor control. For instance, I really just wanted to put a movie on, but I was unable to remember or type in the password to my computer. Let us know how it treats you.

Warning: Phenibut doesn't seem like much, but I've heard too many horror stories of people who become addicted to and dependent on it. The relative subtlety of the drug when compared to say Methamphetamine or Heroin often leads people to believe it's safe enough to incorporate into their daily routine. Tolerance develops quickly and as Phenibut is essentially a non-controlled substance, people easily progress to shoveling grams upon grams into themselves every day. The withdrawal seems to be every bit as horrible and vivid as stuff like Alcohol. This doesn't apply to you and your self-experimentation, but I would be wrong not to at least mention this.

Hey @Draygoes

I know I'm late to the party and you're apparently already set, but I'm in agreement regarding the 2,000mg/2g maximum dosage. It's good to start slow and low with any substance, not only for matters of personal safety, but for the lesser offense of just having a really bad time by being too fucked up. As others have said, Phenibut is kind of fucked up when you take too much of it. It's supposedly an analog of the Gabapentinoids, which I believe, but these effects that are produced by high dosages are a little bit different than any of the other Gabapentinoids I have used like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica).

It would take a long time to describe the nuances, but I basically couldn't speak for several hours, was very nauseous and was basically unable to do anything requiring fine motor control. For instance, I really just wanted to put a movie on, but I was unable to remember or type in the password to my computer. Let us know how it treats you.

Warning: Phenibut doesn't seem like much, but I've heard too many horror stories of people who become addicted to and dependent on it. The relative subtlety of the drug when compared to say Methamphetamine or Heroin often leads people to believe it's safe enough to incorporate into their daily routine. Tolerance develops quickly and as Phenibut is essentially a non-controlled substance, people easily progress to shoveling grams upon grams into themselves every day. The withdrawal seems to be every bit as horrible and vivid as stuff like Alcohol. This doesn't apply to you and your self-experimentation, but I would be wrong not to at least mention this.
Thank you so much for the additional information. So far i've felt nothing from phenibut, but from the horror stories about OD and the idea that this stuff can hit you harder if it's still there, and finally, finding out that it's able to last longer than a couple of days for some people, I'm going to be super careful in how I dose an actual gram and a half. So, I'm waiting a full 48 hours for this next one. And yeah, I give you guys my word I'll be careful. Thanks a ton for looking out for those of us with less experiance than you guys.
And hey yall, thanks for walking me through this. I know I was kind of annoying with my extra questions, but I really needed to get as much information as I can. I really don't wanna mess this up.

I'd wait a solid 2 days and then try taking 1 gram, followed by 500mg 2 hours later. As I described in the guide, I find that staggering doses by around 2 hours seems to help it kick in better. Not faster, but smoother, and it seems to be more effective for some reason. I am not exactly sure how much you've taken in one day already... you could try 2 grams in a day, as 1 gram followed by 2 500mg redoses 2 hours apart, but 2 grams might end up being too much, it is for a lot of people, but some people need 2 grams or even 2.5. Just be aware you don't want to take too much.

I'd wait a solid 2 days and then try taking 1 gram, followed by 500mg 2 hours later. As I described in the guide, I find that staggering doses by around 2 hours seems to help it kick in better. Not faster, but smoother, and it seems to be more effective for some reason. I am not exactly sure how much you've taken in one day already... you could try 2 grams in a day, as 1 gram followed by 2 500mg redoses 2 hours apart, but 2 grams might end up being too much, it is for a lot of people, but some people need 2 grams or even 2.5. Just be aware you don't want to take too much.
So far I haven't done a full gram at once. It was two days ago that I did 750 MG. :)
Thank you so much. I actually feel like I'm set now. You all rock.
Okay, it was 4:00 when I took two of them. I now have three left. I'm going to give this a solid try this time and do 500 MG more soon.

Is that a bad idea? It's two days since my last dose not a full three.

Last edited:
Do you really live in mountains? I'd love to see some of the views. <3

Ideally just wait another day. Phenibut tolerance builds fast, even though you haven't really gotten a proper effect yet.

Yes I really live in the mountains. :) I sometimes post pictures in the LAVA subforum