HGH, The glucose sparing affect and where peptide fragments go wrong?

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
despite the conflicting scientific reports, many people swear by High quality HGH as a miracle fat burner superior to anything else they’ve ever tried. biologically, this makes sense as GH directly stimulates lipolysis as well as increasing fat tissue sensitivity to the lipolytic affects of catecholamines. it simultaneously decreases fatty acid reuptake into adipose tissue whilst conversely increasing fatty acid uptake in muscle, where they are more likely to be burnt rather than stored. however, I feel that GH induced insulin resistance may be a unique, important and very beneficial component of the fat loss equation that sets it apart from all other known fat burners. as you probably already know, insulin is the most powerful fat storage hormone and some research suggests High levels of insulin are needed to maintain body fat mass in the obese state. interestingly, The mechanism of insulin resistance produced by GH is poorly understood, but is thought to be explained by a combination of enhanced peripheral fatty acid uptake/oxidation at the expense of glucose, upstream inhibition of AKT and thus inhibition of insulin stimulated glucose uptake via upregulation of P85Alpha in muscle and fat tissue and both direct and indirect inhibition of pyruvate dehydrogenase via PDK4 and Direct binding respectively. this is where things get interesting. GH induced insulin resistance doesn’t only lead to enhanced lipolysis but also to a glucose conserving affect as the bodies muscles are encouraged to use fat as the preferred fuel. This is important when dieting because long-term hypoglycaemia, even when harmless or beneficial produces symptoms of weakness, low mood/energy, agitation and strong cravings/hunger. personally, I believe low blood sugar is The biggest cause of Weight loss diet failure for most people. with this in mind, taking GH when in a calorie deficit may directly promote fat loss through lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation by muscle, but also indirectly by maintaining blood glucose levels, thus keeping energy levels, Mood and satiety in the optimum range. we mustn’t forget, GH is actually a counterregulatory hormone, Whose function was to protect against starvation induced hypoglycaemia by fighting against the actions of insulin while simultaneously preserving lean body mass.

Because of the many unwanted side-effects of GH supplementation, certain peptide fragments of the GH molecule have been developed, with the most well-known being the IOD series if I remember correctly. proponents boast about The strong lipolytic effects of these peptides, but also about the lack of mitogenic and insulin antagonistic effects. removing the mitogenic effect makes absolute sense as it’s linked to the most serious GH side-effects, including bone overgrowth and damage. nevertheless, the biggest marketing point for these peptides seems to be that they don’t interfere with glucose metabolism or that they may even help lower blood glucose levels. for the above-mentioned reasons, you can see why I don’t like these peptides as the loss of the anti-insulin effect is in my opinion, the loss of a huge portion of the fat fighting affect. listening to a few YouTube videos and Reading online reviews seem to back up my theory. not with direct evidence, but those I’ve listened to suggest The peptide fragments aren’t particularly effective and of those that are, they don’t come close to real full length GH. this is interesting, because some of these peptides are actually more stable than the GH molecule itself and one analog can even be ingested orally.
I understand why people fear high glucose levels, but in most cases, this fear is unjustified. GH induced insulin resistance is rapidly reversible and elevated blood glucose is only harmful in the long-term.

Please let me know what you think.

sorry about the length of my previous post, maybe that’s why I got no replies. basically, just want to know if anyone agrees with me, that the carbohydrate sparing effect of GH makes it a unique and far superior fat burner?

Sorry for late response! I definitely agree with your statement. It's something me and my previous endocrinology teacher talked about and she feels very similar (we had a unit strictly about performance enhancement so I brought it up).

Another fun one is natural MSH release and impact on diet. MSH is naturally released when exposed to UV light (obviously a big part of why we tan is melanin production) but MSH also has an inhibitory effect on appetite. This leads to the decreased hunger during summer and increased hunger in winter and what I hypothesize is a large driver for animals that hibernate. Anecdotally when I tan during the colder months, my hunger is also more manageable.

Sorry for late response! I definitely agree with your statement. It's something me and my previous endocrinology teacher talked about and she feels very similar (we had a unit strictly about performance enhancement so I brought it up).

Another fun one is natural MSH release and impact on diet. MSH is naturally released when exposed to UV light (obviously a big part of why we tan is melanin production) but MSH also has an inhibitory effect on appetite. This leads to the decreased hunger during summer and increased hunger in winter and what I hypothesize is a large driver for animals that hibernate. Anecdotally when I tan during the colder months, my hunger is also more manageable.

No worries, thanks for your response. Just to confirm, do you mean your endocrinology Teacher viewed GH induced insulin resistance/glucose sparing as a good thing?

No worries, thanks for your response. Just to confirm, do you mean your endocrinology Teacher viewed GH induced insulin resistance/glucose sparing as a good thing?
"good" would be a relative term. Good in the sense of keeping you from dying out in the wild during our primal years in the past, sure. For bodybuilding not really optimal (as insulin sensitivity is important for anabolism).

Your insights into HGH and its impact on fat loss are fascinating. I totally get your point about the potential benefits of GH-induced insulin resistance, especially in maintaining blood glucose levels during calorie deficits. It's a delicate balance, isn't it?

By the way, have you ever looked into Argireline peptide? It's Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, and while it's not directly related to your HGH discussion, its unique properties might be worth exploring in the broader context of peptides and their effects.

Thanks for your appreciation and I’m glad you enjoyed this topic. In regards to the peptide you’ve mentioned, I’ve never heard of it, but I will definitely research it and get back to you with my thoughts.

Your insights into HGH and its impact on fat loss are fascinating. I totally get your point about the potential benefits of GH-induced insulin resistance, especially in maintaining blood glucose levels during calorie deficits. It's a delicate balance, isn't it?

By the way, have you ever looked into Argireline peptide? It's Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, and while it's not directly related to your HGH discussion, its unique properties might be worth exploring in the broader context of peptides and their effects.

Did some research on the peptide, it is topically used for skincare where it stimulates collagen synthesis by the skin and also act in a manner analogous to Botox by blocking nerve signals to facial muscles. this can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, support, skin, hydration, improve skin elasticity through enhanced collagen production and overall create a more youthful appearance. from what I’ve read, it uses seem to be limited to skincare and it has no systemic metabolic effects. however, I’m still glad you mentioned it because I think it highlights how small peptide fragments which could be easily made in a lab can have powerful biological effects. as our knowledge of peptides increases over time, we should be able to Taylor make new drugs with superior efficacy, potency, safety, and little to know off target effects.

so, does anyone have personal experience of using high-quality GH for fat loss or any other reason for that matter?