• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin

Tony tone

Greenlighter
Are withdrawals less severe if you taper down. I have been snorting about a gram of day for about 6 months. I am trying to kick on my own at home. Any suggestions for home remedies?

Tapering works but heroin is hard to taper with, it's easier if you switch to a weaker opiate.

I've been on and off heroin for about 15 years now (usually on). And I've tried literally everything I can imagine. Recently I have been taking kratom, and it really seems to work like a charm.

Since the first 3 days are the worst, I think I took maybe 10 grams or so, some people say it makes them sick, which I didn't find to be the case if I took it in capsule form, with ALOT of water to wash them down.

After that I've been doing a taper going down .5 grams a day. I'm no longer taking it, and haven't done dope for....11 days now?

I'm a big believer in a PMA while you're kicking. If you tell yourself it's not that bad, and that whatever you're trying is making you feel better, I feel it really does work. Don't tell yourself lies like you're not going to make it, or it's the worst thing ever. Tell yourself, shit, this aint that bad. I've got this. I feel so much better today. I'll feel so much better tomorrow.

I used to only kick if I had a plethora of detox meds, which was always really great, but the innate hippie in me these days doesn't really go that route.

Kratom, valerian sleepy time tea, LOTS of magnesium (CALM is the brand I use, it's a powder you drink), drink water constantly, iburoprofen, and gaba in vitamin form if your anxiety is really fucking you up. I would also suggest kombucha and aloe juice if your stomach is fucked.

That's my usual home remedy. Obviously I rely pretty heavy on the kratom, but I've also kicked with all those things before with no kratom.

Good luck! You can do this!
Thanks for the feedback. Did you start taking kratom while you in withdrawal or before it started?

I started taking it right before I knew withdrawals were going to hit. I take it on an empty stomach as well. With ALOT of water. Like I said, lots of people say it makes them nauseous, which it was for me as well before I started taking it in capsule form. Much easier to get down that way. But do watch out, it has pretty weird side effects when you take too much if you aren't used to it. I would maybe start with 2 or 3 grams and if that's not doing it for you, go up .5 g at a time. It can make you shaky and it fucks with my eyes for some reason when I take too much, but honestly it's worked really really well for me for this kick. I'm able to go to work and be around my lover without wanting to be left alone you know? Sharing a bed is the worst when you're kicking, and the kratom is allowing me to do so without a problem.
Thanks for the tip Tony. How much H were you using a day? I want to know how I should expect to adjust my dose. Also, do you ever try the extracts?
Thanks