• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin withdrawal question

Oak cliff_23

Greenlighter
If I've been using heroin (,i.v) for 11 yrs (2yrs snort and 9 i.v) and been clean for 4 months. Will i go back to withdrawal if i SNORT it for a couple days?

Might be able to get away with it for one day, and not experience withdrawal. Good chance it will derail you completely though, would recommend avoiding if possible. Easier said than done, i know from experience.

If you do, be very careful, this is frequently how people overdose, they stop for a while and start back up, then suddenly overdose.

heroin is an inherently withdrawal inducing drug, might as well just do kratom or somethin, good luck regardless

It's likely. but not definite. The brain always "remembers" and if you've been addicted to something in the past, you'll get re-addicted MUCH MUCH faster.
Even if it only remembers "straight to blood stream" I'm asking cause obviously I'm not sure but it's been a really long time since I've snorted and when I did do it due to not being able to hit i would barely feel anything. Or do you maybe think I might just have light withdrawals?

Even if it only remembers "straight to blood stream" I'm asking cause obviously I'm not sure but it's been a really long time since I've snorted and when I did do it due to not being able to hit i would barely feel anything. Or do you maybe think I might just have light withdrawals?

I doubt ROA would make a difference, but it's very smart of you to just snort if you ARE gonna use again as you'll obviously have little-to-no tolerance after 4 months.
You might no get WD after just two days, but if you do it'll be light (probably mild fluish symptoms). I'd be more concerned about it leading you back into regular use, tbh.

Yeah your right, that is my concern. Im also snorting cause I known hitting the needle once will take me back . Not saying snorting wouldn't. I was thinking of hitting it with subs after if i did feel iffy . But also make sure it's been at least 15 hrs or until IF I feel sick but Thanks for your feedback man. Question answered.

Might be able to get away with it for one day, and not experience withdrawal. Good chance it will derail you completely though, would recommend avoiding if possible. Easier said than done, i know from experience.

If you do, be very careful, this is frequently how people overdose, they stop for a while and start back up, then suddenly overdose.
I did do monkey water for 2 days straight . I was fine . I do notice i get withdrawals faster then when I first started when i do i.v
i just thought since snorting is not hitting my blood stream as direct as i.v then i assumed it would take couple more days. But obviously i wasnt sure. Thanks for feedback man!

Wait meaning exactly? Sorry , i can be slow sometimes but I want to understand right
lol its okay im pretty confusing

I've talked to a few people who have tried heroin, snorting and smoking it, and they say that it feels great, but they feel really bad afterwards, and this bad feeling causes them to keep doing more even if they said they wouldn't. This makes it a hard drug to control yourself on, and makes it very easy to get addicted to.

I wouldn't recommend snorting it, you might plan on only doing it for a few days but there's a good chance you'll change your mind

Maybe try using an opioid with less severe aftereffects, Kratom is an opiod that people seem to be able to control themselves on, at least easier than heroin.

If you do snort it, like many other people here said, it might be a good idea to only do it for one day, and wait a week or more after that, since the withdrawal effects get worse the more days in a row you use it.

If I've been using heroin (,i.v) for 11 yrs (2yrs snort and 9 i.v) and been clean for 4 months. Will i go back to withdrawal if i SNORT it for a couple days?
I think it’ll be more of “mental withdrawal symptoms “ and not physical after just two days but once the genie’s out the bottle shit always goes sideways..
If your like me the second time you use you’ll say to yourself “ I may as well IV it cause I’ll feel it better” …. And the rest will be history.

lol its okay im pretty confusing

I've talked to a few people who have tried heroin, snorting and smoking it, and they say that it feels great, but they feel really bad afterwards, and this bad feeling causes them to keep doing more even if they said they wouldn't. This makes it a hard drug to control yourself on, and makes it very easy to get addicted to.

I wouldn't recommend snorting it, you might plan on only doing it for a few days but there's a good chance you'll change your mind

Maybe try using an opioid with less severe aftereffects, Kratom is an opiod that people seem to be able to control themselves on, at least easier than heroin.

If you do snort it, like many other people here said, it might be a good idea to only do it for one day, and wait a week or more after that, since the withdrawal effects get worse the more days in a row you use it.
Well I know what withdrawal and addiction is. I've been using since age of 13 I'm 24 now so i know that. I just wanted to know if i would get sick again after snorting it for a couple days after being clean for a couple months from I.V

I think it’ll be more of “mental withdrawal symptoms “ and not physical after just two days but once the genie’s out the bottle shit always goes sideways..
If your like me the second time you use you’ll say to yourself “ I may as well IV it cause I’ll feel it better” …. And the rest will be history.
Gosh man tell me about it. Your right bro. Thanks for answering the question

Not worth it, your dancing with the devil here. Don't accept that dance please

Don’t do the H, you’ve done something very hard being clean that long, take pride in that and forget about the H, you know damn well how fast 1 day turns into 1 year with that shit…what’s that old saying 1 is to many and 1000 isn’t enough…

Don’t do the H, you’ve done something very hard being clean that long, take pride in that and forget about the H, you know damn well how fast 1 day turns into 1 year with that shit…what’s that old saying 1 is to many and 1000 isn’t enough…
I appreciate all the motivation guys. I'm still sober !!!! 🎉

Opiates don't joke, for me (3yrs on morphine maintenance) I don't tolerate a single 60mg dose without reawakening the withdrawal demon. BUT why's everybody talking about withdrawal when you can skip the whole thing by using dissociatives (memantine, DXM - K is too short lived). I'm now opiate free for some months and 'skipped' while still having some pills. Believe me I wouldn't have stood cold turkey. Even taper is damn hard. Memantine is a walk in the park AND it masks post-acute withdrawal (low energy, amotivation etc) as well.