• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin withdrawal question..

Mctool13

Greenlighter
Hello.

I am about 6 maybe 7 days into heroin withdrawal (what a hell by the way!)..

Anyways, my question is, since I've started detoxing (and it seems to be getting more pronounced, though that might be mental) I have been getting this weak, tired and exhausted feeling that is just killing me. like when I stand up it feels like I'm doing a thousand pound squat. And my body feels heavy and lightheaded and dizzy. and I feel like my body is made of jelly when I'm either walking or either standing still after walking for a bit. And it doesn't take long to kick in, I feel it as soon as I stand u[p and if I as much as walk down the hallway I literally need a nap cuz I'm so weak, tired and exhausted....Seriously...

My question basically is, is this a normal side effect of heroin withdrawal? and if so, how long does it typically last? cuz I cant fucking take it much longer man....lol..

Also, I'm on an outpatient medical detox program so I'm getting a llot of meds. Do you think the meds could be contributing to it as well?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

If your in clonidine ( catecholimine adrenal blocker) it will make you out of breath and very tired . You should be out of the woods from H withdrawal after 7 days . I'm 13 days in on methadone wds and still in acute withdrawal. Try dropping the clonidine and see how you feel.

If your in clonidine ( catecholimine adrenal blocker) it will make you out of breath and very tired . You should be out of the woods from H withdrawal after 7 days . I'm 13 days in on methadone wds and still in acute withdrawal. Try dropping the clonidine and see how you feel.
Thanks for the reply dude.
Yeah I?m on clonidine like 3 times a day.
Good luck on the methadone withdrawals.

I suspect it is the clonidine as well. Can be very useful, but too much and you will find yourself on the ground. Although it usually worked well for sleep, when in acute withdrawal I nearly busted my head open walking to the kitchen after I double dosed. You should be almost out of the woods.

I'm not a. Licensed doc but i think u need some vitamins , especially b12 ,b6 b 3...

I've never withdrawal from H but my general experience with withdrawal is that the lethargy and heaviness will last ~20% longer then the physical withdrawals. Stick in there