• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin withdrawal Day 4 slip up - how much of a setback?

VincentVega1

Greenlighter
Hi, I am currently on day 4 of heroin withdrawal and used some oxys tonight just so I could have a little sense of comfort and relief and so I could just get a minute of sleep to recover. Does anyone know how far this will set me back? Do I have to start over again and tomorrow will be like day 1 or will it just feel like day 4 again? I have been trying to kick for years, and was on suboxone for the last year but coming off that was hell so about a month ago I was on day 6 of suboxone withdrawal and decided to buy some heroin to get over the sub withdrawal because I was starting a new job and couldn’t be seen like that. I know it sounds stupid, but I thought I could snort the dope for a few days and get by the worst of the sub withdrawal and then just kick the heroin, but we all know how that turns out. A few days turned into a month and now I’m trying to kick the heroin and actually made it to day 4 and then I slipped up and used some oxys tonight. I am 29 and just want to be done with this forever, but it seems like this will just never end. When you are caught in the cycle you are screwed. I have a bachelor degree and surprisingly no felonies but life just seems hopeless. I was also addicted to meth, but haven’t used that in 4 months. If anybody could give me some advice that would be great. I will take any advice you guys have, but mostly want to know how much of a set back I will have to endure after just using for 1 night on day 4 of heroin withdrawal. Thank you!

Love your SN bud. Thats my favorite movie of all time. Plua i live in Knoxville so Butch running away to Knoxville always got me.

As for your withdraw im not an expert.ive mainly stayed on meth. Which has a pure mental comedown where you can crash for 2 days and be somewhat normal. Ive dabbled in oxys. My bro gets 80s . never went thru a true heroine withdrawal and from what ive read by the Blueligters over the last decade.. I dont ever want to

If you slipped up. But didnt do enough to feel high. Just to kill the sick severe flu like symptoms. You will be having to flush out opiates once again

I feel for you . hopefully one of the opiate Queens will see your post.

Good luck

Since it was Oxys and not heroin this isn’t gonna set you back that much, look at it almost like a delayed taper: don’t let it be a reason for you to full blown relapse. You got about 3-4 more days to go and you’re gonna be feeling brand new.
It is not gonna be like starting over it just is gonna be a slight hiccup, you got this! Now if you went out all day and did a bunch of heroin, yes that would have messed things up but you didn’t

I don't think anyone can tell you in exact terms how far of a setback it is. The only answer I can give you is that it will be much worse proportionately to the relief you may or may not have experienced from using the dope. Always use other non-opioid drugs when you feel like youre dying, as these can help aid your symptoms without setting your syndrome back too far.

- Gabapentinoids?
- Cannabis?
- Clonidine?

How familiar are you with these?

You said you were on suboxone until a month ago, do you have any of those left by chance? There are a plethora of threads on here about doing a short suboxone taper which may be an easier and more manageable way to quit than cold turkey. Just a suggestion even though I realize that isn't what you are looking for. Good luck either way!

Try and get some pregabalin and loperimide.

Take 300mg of pregabalin if you haven't taken it before and see how that helps. You can always. Be careful not to get addicted to them though.

I've found loperimide can provide loads of relief at doses of 12mg. Then wean yourself down by a tablet every few days and fore.that worked loads with the rattle....then I relapsed after a few months.

Good luck bro. I'm currently on methadone and fuck knows when I'll get off that.

Utter determination is the biggest factor