• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin w/ advil pm

Smackz420

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I have been trying to find some information on this but can't seem to find what I am looking for. So I was wondering is if safe to take a couple advil pms at night with heroin in your system? Like for example if someone got high on heroin but can't sleep at night is it safe for them to take a couple advil pms?

Advil is just ibuprofen? Right? If so then you'll be fine taking them with heroin, just don't access the daily recommended dosage as this stuff isn't so good for your liver. Just like Paracetamol.
reply_small.gif

With diphenhydramine? Should be also safe taking it as long as you don't overdose on them. Diphenhydramine doesn't effect the respiratory system like opiates do, so shouldn't really harm you.

"PM Pain Relievers" in the United States at least, are almost always going to be Diphenhydramine in addition to the analgesic. I can only imagine that it's a concerted effort on the part of the drug companies to keep the public in a state of vague confusion, but essentially all OTC sleep aids are going to be either Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Doxylamine (Unisom) more rarely. I saw a couple years back that Vicks came out with Zzzquil or whatever the fuck as if it's something new and brilliant, when really, it's just an overpriced, brand-name, liquid Diphenhydramine.

You'll meet many Americans who don't experience pain, but think that "Tylenol PM" is the appropriate medication to take before bed. I'm sure Tylenol loves this, but you can save yourself some dough by shopping for raw Diphenhydramine at Wal-Mart or Costco.

^ Advil is ibuprofen (metabolized mainly by kidneys) while naproxen is heavily metabolized by the liver. I discovered this not too long ago because I have liver cirrhosis.