• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin vs Cigarettes on your lungs

Juanmoretime

Greenlighter
What do you think is worse for your lungs? Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, I wasn't sure where to post this question.

It depends almost entirely on how much of either youre smoking and the different impurities in the heroin.

Not to be rude but this is sort of an unanswerable and odd question. Cigarette smoke is obviously not good for your health and is proven to cause damage and cancer.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_health2.shtml

There have been deaths related to smoking heroin, and if you are smoking heroin from aluminum foil, that is a demon in itself.

I'm not sure on what science has been conducted, but aluminium consumption has been linked to Alzheimers.

So neither is good for your lungs obviously.

They won't kill you overnight, but prolonged exposure will cause damage, and eventually could kill you.

I appreciate the question OP. In fact, I appreciate it as much as I appreciate your comical user name. While it is an interesting question, it is unanswerable, as illicit Heroin's total composition is going to vary regularly. If we had a control in the form of constantly pure Heroin, things would be different.

I would put a large wager on Heroin vapor being generally harmless to the body, provided their aren't contaminants.

I hate talking out of my ass by I have no source for this..

Anyway I read somewhere sometime that snorting an smoking dope can cause a disease of the lungs similar to talcosis. I wish I had saved the source.. Cause this post is rather pointless without it.

Anyway burning and inhaling any combustible material is dilaterious to the body. I would say IMO tobacco worse longer term heroin worse short term.