• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin use leads to temporary dermatillomania

FLsurfer

Greenlighter
After I start getting high, between hits and afterwards, i get bad excoriation disorder. Separate from itching, i pick non- or barely-existing blemishes on my arms face hands back. Does this happen to anyone else? Pretty sure it’s all psychosomatic, but wondering. Makes me look and feel like a crack/meth addict.

sounds like when ive been awake for 6 days on coke haha, perhaps thats just how heroin reacts with you, if youre enjoying it go for it
try not to focus entirely on yourself, theres anti itching stuff for that which hopefully someone else will answer it sorta sounds like the time i took 400mg of codeine i just couldn't stop itching it was the worst but yeah look into the anti itching stuff, maybe buy from a different source if you havent tried that already ^^
good luck i hope my suggestion works so you don't hurt yourself ^^
man 400 mg of codeine.. that was a long time ago

I’ve actually tried taking Benadryl before as an anti-itch/anti-pick, but no luck.

the itching'll probably let up on its own by the way once you get used to it, morphine used to make me itch, no more i can only assume since H turns into morphine in the body that it'd be similar, but ive never gotten into H heavily so i can't attest to getting used to its itches

Try to find something else to pick at so you don't have scars.
Heroin did that to me, if i passed a mirror and saw a zit i would get the urge to pop my face . Dunno why, one of the mysteries of drugs lol
I never did though , i would think of a methhead and not do it