• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin taper possible

Greenlighter
ive gone 2 days without heroin im in super bad withdrawls if i have a small fix just to feel better will it put me back in square 1 or will it make this detox easier in other words can a taper my heroin use to get off ?

It will set you back but you can also taper, if you are gonna take a little bit take it right before you sleep and then wait till the next night to do it again. Youll be in withdrawal to some extent throughout the day and slowly your tolerance will drop and when you stop for good it wont be quite as bad

That said, tapering is damn near impossible for some (like me). It takes intense willpower to not break the taper. The idea from a taper is to dose just enough to not feel sick, and then go as long as you can before doing that again. It is extremely difficult to not push it to actually getting high, which basically defeats the point and just sets you back.

Ultimately, I have found cold turkey to be less suffering overall, even though short term the suffering is much greater.