• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Heroin/Suboxone

Traww3711

Greenlighter
Hello, I’ve been on suboxone only 4mg a day for about 2 years now. I recently slipped and have been using heroin intravenously for about 3 days now only used about 1 grams worth in that time. But in this 3 day span I haven’t been on my subs and had the question of how long I would have to wait before taking my subs again after not doing anymore heroin. Just want to prevent any precipitated withdrawal if it’s even possible to get in this short amount of time.. any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

I would wait anywhere from 12-24-48hrs. It's hard to say because everyone's individual metabolism is different.

And your best bet would be to introduce the bupe back in micrograms rather than going back to your 4mg right away.

The lower doses will less likely cause PWD, if it's going to happen.
And yes you can get it even in that short amount of time. Especially if you use a gram in 3 days.

It use to take me about 4-5 days to finish a whole gram (of raw anyway) and I still had PWD if I took the subs too soon. But if you use microdoses, you may even potentiate what little heroin left remains in your system.

Unless your heroin is fent or laced with fent, then all of this info is different and you will have a harder time.

I'm prescribed Subutex 8mg 4x/day. I was clean and only taking those for about a yr. Then I started shooting heroin. Me and my husband do about 1/2 gram shots at a time and we shoot about 5x a day. I really wanna get back on the Subutex but I don't want any withdrawals. When I 1st went on Subutex I was shooting morphine, dilaudid, and some times heroin. I only went a couple hrs from shooting morphine to taking Subutex and I never felt withdrawals. But I tried to take a Subutex a couple hrs after doing a shot of heroin and instantly felt the withdrawals. The Subutex don't have the naloxone in it like Suboxone does so your suppose to be able to take them right away without feeling any withdrawals. The only reason I haven't switch back to the subs is cause I'm afraid of going into dts. Any advice of how I should switch back to the subs??

I'm prescribed Subutex 8mg 4x/day. I was clean and only taking those for about a yr. Then I started shooting heroin. Me and my husband do about 1/2 gram shots at a time and we shoot about 5x a day. I really wanna get back on the Subutex but I don't want any withdrawals. When I 1st went on Subutex I was shooting morphine, dilaudid, and some times heroin. I only went a couple hrs from shooting morphine to taking Subutex and I never felt withdrawals. But I tried to take a Subutex a couple hrs after doing a shot of heroin and instantly felt the withdrawals. The Subutex don't have the naloxone in it like Suboxone does so your suppose to be able to take them right away without feeling any withdrawals. The only reason I haven't switch back to the subs is cause I'm afraid of going into dts. Any advice of how I should switch back to the subs??
Half a gram? Wow thats one hell of a tolerance you got there! Rule of thumb is you gotta be 3 days clean of H and one one week clean of fent to not go into wds with bupe.

I went to an inpatient rehab and stayed there for a week cold turkey of a 10 bag per day habbit before I started on the subs. Its been 9 months now and I havnt taken any H or any other opioids for that matter.

I'm not completely clean tho I love my ketamine my lsd and my ghb but I have more then a few chronic pain conditions so I need to keep getting high and I'm staying on bupe for life cuz I know th moment I stop taking it I will go straight back to H. Well I hope you find the help you need and get better :)

PS- the naloxone in suboxone is useless and ineffective because the bupe out runs it when it comes to affinity at receptors. Its only there as a marketing scheeme ;)

Last edited:
pfft i used to snort fent and take subs the next day. i thinks it's purely case by case