• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Strength Question

FineRusti

Greenlighter
Hi all.

I tried Heroin for the first time today. I bought it from a UK DNM vendor and it arrived by post (hope that doesn't count as vendor chat?).

I previously have been taking very high doses of codeine/dihydrocodeine, up to 1.5g codeine equivalent per day. Some people say that only 400-600mg is the maximum that our bodies can take per day and still feel an effect, but i can guarantee that I feel something off of the third 0.5g that I ingest in a day. So either I'm special, or the 600mg max per day is bullshit (I'm leaning toward the latter).
My thoughts are that maybe 600mg in one go is the maximum that can have some conversion into morphine, but there are still many other active metabolites for codeine that continue to have effects? Anyway, that is not what I'm here to discuss.

I had heroin for the first time today. I insufflated 0.5g of a brown powder over the space of 4 hours. I felt a bit drowsy, but no high or euphoria like i still get from codeine.
Is the lack of euphoria or any decent high to be expected after the large amounts of codeine I've been having?
Is heroin not really as strong as I'd expected it to be? I started with just 0.05g (measured on a scale) and expected to feel good, but got nothing. I thought 0.5g would blow me away, but I just felt drowsy. I had built heroin up in my mind as the king of all opiates and thought I'd be in a state of bliss the first time I tried it.
Is it more likely that the H i got was shit?

Another data point to add, last week I bought 3x50mg Tapentadol slow release. I crushed them all up and had all 3 at once. I felt pretty good, as good as I normally would from say 800mg codeine or 500mg dihydrocodeine in one go.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
Thanks

Last edited:
Is this not the right location for this post?
I have 70 views but no responses? Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely asking if I should move it.
Thanks
:)

Heroin is most definitely much stronger then codeine so I'd imagine you received some whack dope. When I switched over from a 200mg oxy habit I could sniff 1.5-2 bags of good dope and be on my ass.

First--the codeine ceiling is by dose, not by day. So when you hear that taking more than 400-500 mg won't do anything they mean in a dose. Once the dose wears off in a few hours, of course you can redose (though probably won't feel as good as the first of the day). That's why you feel that last .5 g , as you put it. The reason for the "ceiling" is because that is all that can be processed by your body at once, codeine has to be metabolized into morphine in your body to feel effects. But if you take more later, yes you will feel it. Just don't do your 1.5 g at once, or you'll be wasting 2/3 of it

Onto your heroin question. It sounds like you got something that isn't very strong. When I first did heroin (back in the early 90s and bags were huge compared to now), I could be very high from sniffing 1/2 bag. Now, that's probably about 0.1 g or what's equal to a bag today. Being you bought in bulk and not in street stamp bags I'm trying to equate to measured doses although I didn't ever actually weigh out anything.

With the amounts of codeine (high to you, but in the grand scheme of things not a big opiate tolerance) you're doing you should easily be high off less than 0.5 g of heroin. Even average heroin. Which makes me question whether or not it is actually heroin. Not of course that I could say it is or isn't , or that anyone could. But even though you built up to that dose, with being able to get high on codeine you should be high on the heroin --at a lesser dose tbh

Now, people do build up heroin in their minds and at times are disappointed for that reason. But you already know what an opiate high is. Heroin isn't different it's just stronger. It's going to feel like a codeine high but more intense. I say this in case you have some other preconceived notions of what you're "supposed" to feel. You will nod, although the first few times I used heroin I was more energetic and high than nodding.

But long story short--I think you got either very weak product, or something other than heroin. If you are going to continue to use vendors I would make sure it's one that is well reviewed/recommended. Also if it is a reputable vendor you can talk to them about the bad product and get an exchange or something.

it sounds to me like you bought some #3 Heroin, which is not effective when snorted. This type of H needs to be smoked (you can IV it but I never have and never will - needle phobia).

Heroin #4, if any good, 0.5 would have floored you! this type of H is effective when sniffed as it dissolves in water, so gets absorbed in your nose membranes.

May be wrong, but #3 is always brown, so that was my first thought when i read your post.

do some reading on differences between H#3 and H#4!