• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin not 'working'

jkl125

Greenlighter
I have been addicted to DHC pills for severe back pain for some time now. As I wasn't able to get hold of any I recently decided to try heroin (yeah, I know, I know.) As far as I can tell the stuff is generic #3 brown 'street gear'. I'm smoking it on foil and I think I've got the hang of it - it's running OK and i'm wasting very little smoke, but it's not really doing very much. Tonight I smoked what I would guess was about a .1g or even more, and I'm not feeling a thing, very little sedation and hardly any pain relief.

Is there a problem with my technique, or is this just rubbish gear?

THe stuff has no smell (I understand it should smell a bit vinegary) and tastes like absolute shite when smoked. It does run OK on the foil though.

Cheers.

How many mg were the pills and how often did you take them a day.

I don't know about H but without a little more info hard to tell if a tolerance issue or if bunk gear. Or something else?

Someone will be able to help once we know the above.

How many mg were the pills and how often did you take them a day.

I don't know about H but without a little more info hard to tell if a tolerance issue or if bunk gear. Or something else?

Someone will be able to help once we know the above.

Hi,

The pills were 30mg and I was doing 8-12 a day. Didn't really think that would be a significant tolerance since I know DHC is a lot weaker than H, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Never heard of dhc. Does it have opiates in it? From the info it seems maybe a tolerence issue. But it could be really cut heroin. They stomp the shit out of that. You said you wanted to try heroin? Did you know the dude who sold it to you or you get it off the street? I used to love the taste amd smell of it. It does have a vinegary smell too.

Never heard of dhc. Does it have opiates in it? From the info it seems maybe a tolerence issue. But it could be really cut heroin. They stomp the shit out of that. You said you wanted to try heroin? Did you know the dude who sold it to you or you get it off the street? I used to love the taste amd smell of it. It does have a vinegary smell too.

DHC is dihydrocodeine.

I got it on the darknet - I won't say too much other than that looking back at what other people have to say about the vendor it seems the gear isn't great quality. I still expected to feel a bit more from one of the strongest opiates going though!

It's chemical name is dihydrocodeine. Look it up it's a strong yet a very mild type of opioid. It's weak but has a nice buzz and rush IMO. Not as good as Oxy or any of the pills from the morphone family.

Last edited:
smoking it is pretty wasteful. You get only a small percentage of the drug from smoking as far as I know

sounds like your shit's bunk man. I can tell you if you were used to DHC and you're doing (even halfway decent) H you'd be feeling it.
though smoking powder in particular is very wasteful so I'm sure that's not helping you any. I'd snort if you won't shoot.

smoking it is pretty wasteful. You get only a small percentage of the drug from smoking as far as I know

'Brown'/#3 heroin is the freebase form & has a lower boiling point than the HCl heroin, thus it is well suited for smoking (vaporising). Snorting brown heroin is generally not considered to be an efficient ROA, and for IV use citric acid is required to make it water soluble.
OP, I would stick with smoking if you're not an IV user, or as another poster suggested, perhaps try plugging it. However, from what I can gather I'd wager that the problem is likely to be poor quality gear rather than technique.

I am new to this site. This is my first time posting, so if I'm doing it wrong, ie not following protocol, I apologize. Here's my dilemma. I, as with most heroin users, started out on pain pills. I ended up on heroin, and have been using for close to two years. Here's my dilemma. The dope here is absolute shit right now. I'm spending close to $200 a damn day on the shit, and I'm not even feelin good after an enormous rail or a big ol shot. I miss my pain pills. Knowing that you don't have to worry about spending $100 and getting it home and being disappointed. Plus I'm a very hard stick, and my hands are starting to look horrible. I can't hit anywhere else. I want to try to possibly go back to good ol prescription pain pills, but I don't know if I've reached the point of no return, if you will. I have an opportunity to buy quite a few norco 10's tomorrow, but I don't know if I should, or if I'm basically stuck on the h at this point. Didn't know if anyone else had been in a similar predicament, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance!!

I've recently sourced some different gear and that definitely 'works'. I certainly have to smoke more than I expected to feel it though. Maybe it's body weight/metabolism related - I'm quite a large bloke. :)

I've recently sourced some different gear and that definitely 'works'. I certainly have to smoke more than I expected to feel it though. Maybe it's body weight/metabolism related - I'm quite a large bloke. :)

Could be. 8-12 DHC pills a day is also not nothing. It's weak but I thought some people metabolized it subjectively similarly to hydrocodone. Either way, even at codeine conversion that's still 24-36mg of morphine a day (enough to have W/D from).

And smoking isn't the best ROA (but, except shooting, the best for #3), so .2 to get high doesn't seem unreasonable.

though I've never smoked H or taken DHC so this is just rationally thought out. I've done lots of other opiates, just not your ROA.