• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin leftovers in the spoon....

kushad

Greenlighter
when I prepare my shot in a spoon, sometimes there will be a little leftover in the spoon as little bubbles.; I could take the filter, rub it all over the spoon to pick up all the rest and then pull that up into the syringe but I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.

would you guys do that or would you just leave that leftover on the spoon?

i've heard that the leftover is most likely bad stuff anyway and that u shud just leave it....

thoughts?

thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man the old residue is mostly useless, any good stuff is taken out from the original shot it was used for. When I prep roxi's there's always leftovers but that's just the binders and fillers from the pill, whats left from your H is mostly just crap used to cut it so, it'd be a better idea to just clean out the spoon and get some fresh stuff.

thx guys. ill just toss the leftovers from now on....

one time i actually sucked it all up and then didnt feel so hot after i shot it... so it was probably not a good idea.

got one cooking right now! :-D

throw it, although there IS heroin content in your leftovers, it would seriously take a whole lot of leftovers to even feel anything, so yeah again toss it.

thx guys. ill just toss the leftovers from now on....

one time i actually sucked it all up and then didnt feel so hot after i shot it... so it was probably not a good idea.

got one cooking right now! :-D

you're not heating your shots are you?

instead of just slurping it down you could place it under your tongue so what little heroin may be left will be absorbed sublingual, it's more efficient than swallowing it.

Don't use leftovers of anykind after a few hours! Cottons scrapings anything! I learned that the hard way.. cotton fever sucks balls. I was banging roxys and I had some cottons and some leftovers from the day before and was feeling a lil ill from wd's and im still paying hospital bills! Boo!..
and really ur not supposed to heat dope? I've always heated it a lil...never boiled it just enough to dissolve it with a swirling motion.. man I been doing it all wrong since day one.
my sister was the one who showed me and she's been on it for years! Good to know I guess! Thanks

It's not that it's "bad" to heat it (although boiling it probably does more to break it down), you just shouldn't *have* to. Sure, the warmer the solution, the easier it dissolves, but anything more than a few seconds over the lighter means the dope ain't great.

In the UK ...

It's not that it's "bad" to heat it (although boiling it probably does more to break it down), you just shouldn't *have* to. Sure, the warmer the solution, the easier it dissolves, but anything more than a few seconds over the lighter means the dope ain't great.

Right, just to clarify! In the United Kingdom, dope is almost always No.3 (freebase), which in itself it insoluble in water. It must be combined with an acid, usually ascorbic (Vit-C) or citric acid and subsequently heated until the powder is dissolved.

Without heating, No.3 will barely dissolve at all, even when combined with acid.

So assuming that you are using No.3 freebase gear, then you are doing nothing wrong at all.

It must be combined with an acid, usually ascorbic (Vit-C) or citric acid and subsequently heated until the powder is dissolved.

does it -have- to be heated? a few people have posted on here about cooking up but i'm not sure if that applied to no.3