• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin, iv struggle

Bishillkillyou

Greenlighter
I’ve Been an iv drug screening user for almost 8 years now mostly heroin but a short year of iv Cocaine. I had wat u would call excellent veins. For the past 2 years mostly the last my veins are almost non existent, I either get it or I don’t sometimes that can mean in between a 6 day period. I recently found the veins in my neck and I was going strong before I blew those out also in the past 5 months. I’m desperate! Wanting to stop but im violently sick and I end up buying again just to function. I’m so desperate now I will just shoot it in my neck because I feel the closer to my heart the quicker the results. I know I’m a sick individual because since going in my neck I black out. I can’t get up fast. I fall straight to the ground and my neck is always sore. I kno the typical why don’t u JUST stop? Get help! Talk. But the reality is I know this, any tips on finding a vein or wat is the second most effective way to use. I’ve used this site for almost a decade now and I’m just now making a user name. Please help me and yes I kno if I don’t stop either way it will still kill me ♥️

I hate to break it to you but when you can’t hit in the neck anymore your at the end the road…. There’s no veins to hit after that really. I’m not telling you to quit dope but at this point you need to find a different ROA. Some of those symptoms sound worrying to say the least.

Have you tried rectal administration? It’s pretty good on bioavailability. Sublingual/buccal works decent too just make sure your mouth is dry and don’t eat anything for like an hour afterwards to try to keep it there long as possible.

-GC

I don’t think my veins would b blown out if I knew from the beginning how to do it right I always went in thru the side instead of right in. No I haven’t tried the rectal route but ATP I’m willing to try anything. When I wait a few days my veins heal but I get so anxious…. Is rectal better than skin popping and muscle? When I snort it’s painful (says the person who can stick themselves with a needle anywhere) and it seems less powerful and doesn’t last as long. Thanks for ur reply GC

I also have tried to find my femoral vein. I’m 5’9 135 I use 28g long syringes I get from the exchange for some reason I feel my next step is paralyzing myself so haven’t had the “balls” to stick it there yet

I don’t think my veins would b blown out if I knew from the beginning how to do it right I always went in thru the side instead of right in. No I haven’t tried the rectal route but ATP I’m willing to try anything. When I wait a few days my veins heal but I get so anxious…. Is rectal better than skin popping and muscle? When I snort it’s painful (says the person who can stick themselves with a needle anywhere) and it seems less powerful and doesn’t last as long. Thanks for ur reply GC

Not a problem! I think rectal is better yea so long as you do it when your, uh, “cleaned out.” Opiate constipation makes that difficult.

Are you US or somewhere else?

-GC

Not a problem! I think rectal is better yea so long as you do it when your, uh, “cleaned out.” Opiate constipation makes that difficult.

Are you US or somewhere else?

-GC
I am in USA.Columbus, Ohio. I have found a thread to hitting my femoral vein I keep reading to procrastinate but it’s inevitable

I am in USA.Columbus, Ohio. I have found a thread to hitting my femoral vein I keep reading to procrastinate but it’s inevitable

So you being in Ohio you are almost certainly consuming mostly fentanyl, maybe a little heroin in there too. The bulk of the high in US material these days is due to the fent. While this sucks in some ways, the silver lining is fentanyl is MUCH better via other ROAs.

I used to lip mine all the time back when I’d get the patches which worked very good. Smoking it is also highly effective compared to heroin as well.

Sublingual is 80% bioavailability, and the smoking gives the rush. I highly highly recommend moving to these routes. Unlike true heroin, there isn’t as much of an actual need to go IV. Even when I IVed heroin I still used fentanyl in these ways.

Give it some thought. I also understand the addiction that surrounds IV use but again your at the end of the road. It’ll be the needle that kills you at this rate not the dope.

-GC

always went in thru the side instead of right in
What do you mean?

Also, when you hit your neck are you shooting up toward your head or down toward your heart? Do you use a mirror?

Try tieing off TIGHT at the armpit and using a mirror to hit the back of your forearms if you havent already. Or get a longer thicker needle and go for the basilic (use a vein map)

Okay, so maybe my 6 hrs might be “ammature” compared to many, determined souls lol. But as a female who is 5’1 and about 130 lbs, I never had much to work with. And I’m honestly to the point where I can reload And dread it. Or wake up in the am, and hate my life cuz I know I’m most likely in for at least 30 minutes of poking and tissue..if you catch my drift. I’m so sick of it. Yet not to the point where I’m ready for the other repercussions. My hands R dried up, my feet Are as well: so are behind my knees and my lady bags lol. I haven’t resulted to my neck yet; thankfully..but my BEST ADVICE, for someone who is at their rope….is…

Just suck it up and IM it for 1-3 days. Maybe you won’t get the effect you want…but if you’re as SOL as most are who have no spots left; your main concern is feeling “ normal” and not sick. IM will take care of that for you. Especially depending how long you are going on..if you’re completely hard up, you won’t notice a difference. It will give your body time to heal. A lot of ua tend to be impatient and poke and praud at a “possible spot”: howvee that jsut prolongs the healing process and more frusteration. So I can honestly, confidently say -
That if you”” take IM over SI your luck is not only much better but so is the outcome. And after those 1-3 daus( take a nice hot shower, shit on thdexter ground; tie off between shoulder and elbow, the stand up afterwards. That increase if I he heart and BF will make something either pop, or show you that it’s still going working. I know this seems like common sense but I’m telling you, when you feel like all Hope is gone, and you happen that shower and have out end and tie off in a spot higher than usual, and then exert your body by a little bit, you will be surprised by a few lines you haven’t seen in years. Or even if you do not see them, you can go off memory and give them a try and they just work . Good luck, gos bless. I’m only mentioning this because my flattened lines still have flow and Inkster discovered this last night. They’re just flat as hell and iou gotta push REALLY slow. I was just at a loss and figured “screw it” we will give her a shot. But when I am out in the cold weather before hand, or prior to a shower, you can kiss those old, flattened lines goodbye! I’m just saying; don’t give up on my The original old faithful‘s :) also, hot hands in hot feet warmers work beautifully as well but you have to prepare and put them on the area for about 20 minutes at least! Xo

I am working in a Supervised Consumption Site and trying to help a client. They are considerably overweight and have recently had trouble hitting.
It flags (shows blood) but then the drugs just wont go in (a miss). They cant tell for about 30 seconds. And then the pain. Awful burning pain. FRUSTRATION. They are considering using their neck. At this site, staff are not allowed to help. My only advice is to IM it for a few days and exercise/hydrate.
The rig is in the right spots, it appears like it's going to work, but the veins will not accept the drugs!

I am working in a Supervised Consumption Site and trying to help a client. They are considerably overweight and have recently had trouble hitting.
It flags (shows blood) but then the drugs just wont go in (a miss). They cant tell for about 30 seconds. And then the pain. Awful burning pain. FRUSTRATION. They are considering using their neck. At this site, staff are not allowed to help. My only advice is to IM it for a few days and exercise/hydrate.
The rig is in the right spots, it appears like it's going to work, but the veins will not accept the drugs!
It really sucks when the valves and right side of the heart isn’t strong enough to allow the small pressure from the injection of an IV into a superficial vein. Horrible, horrible position to be. Interesting though you recommend IM over rectal? Sounds like it goes against all data that supports intrarectal over intramuscular when venous access isn’t available?

Drink lots of water and run on the spot for a couple minutes. You'll probably see veins you didn't know you had.
Most addicts are dehydrated and don't realize. Jumping gets the blood flowing. Your legs have alot of veins .
Try smoking it for a couple days if you can.

Thanks. I had not considered the rectal route. How does that work if your drugs are powder, or worse, liquid? I mean,I can use my imagination, but does anyone have any tips'n'tricks for using that way in a public place like our Supervised Consumption Site?!

Thanks. I had not considered the rectal route. How does that work if your drugs are powder, or worse, liquid? I mean,I can use my imagination, but does anyone have any tips'n'tricks for using that way in a public place like our Supervised Consumption Site?!
Never done it so don't know. Highly doubtful it's something you can do in public with no one wondering why you're sticking something up there.
Why not just smoke it?