heroin is behind, but trouble is still here

bomber

Bluelighter
When I stopped heroin, 2 months ago I had an unexpected visit by my sister and my grandma. Suddly I had still in my house all the clues they needed to understand it. Spoons, syringe pockets, water for injections and burnt foils. My sister got it imidiatly, and I even admited this to her. It took my grandma a while to put the clues together and understand it. But know she says she knows and that's a big fucking problem.
The worst part, is tha she thinks about saying it to my mother, which would be a terrible problem.My mother works outside Greece and actually builds a good carreer, but if she even suspects something like that she will come back for me. They might even push me to go in an outpassient. Seriously, heroin is far behind me and the last thing I need is all this shit. I almost convinsed her that she ain't right, that the stuff wasn't mine and crap like this, and even accepted to do a testing to prove my self. Since Im long clean, the testing will show nothing except if they take hair.
Fuck this situation is so annoying. Any ideas what to do?

Well, you've already quit, so I would try to convince your grandma of that.

Fuck. My grandma pushed my sister and she told her every fucking thing. FUCK FUCK FUCK what a situation. Now she says that either I go to a program or she tells my mother. FUCK FUCK FUCK

How dependant are you? If your under 18 or still dependant on your parents to a level where you must do what they say (18-22ish?), I would go into a program.

Better to kick the habit and focus on education and career in these early stages of your life.

Don't fuck up your ability to function within society over a drug/friends/passing of time.

Consider where you want to be in the future and map out a set of goals to get you there. Drug addiction problems are not easy to overcome.

^Im not dependant at all. Im 21 and I need nothing from them. The habit is already kicked from my life. What conserns me the most is my mothers career. She's been through a lot in her life and now she finaly builts a legit carreer out of the country. But if she learns, she will come back to Greece and ruin everything she has. Second is that if I do as I want, meaning telling them to fuck off and not involve in my life, the family will be lost. And even I am afraid of my grandparents health. If Im out there with out them and do as I want they will think Im a junky and their health is too fragile to deal with something like this.
On the other hand focusing on carreer, education and stuff like this is what I want to start doing right now since the drug habits are far behind me. But the program is gonna hold me back if I get into it. Morever, I find it rediculus to be in a program when Im already clean for 2 months now. I don't want to face my self as an ex junkie in recovery, but as a normal person who lives his life. And the program is too strict. You gotta make a schedule every night and try to follow it next day. This is so not me, I hate it. You can't be out of house after 12, but I love night. Generaly everything that makes me happy is forbiden by the program. Why do I have to get through this when there is no help I need from them?
I do care about my family's health and carreer, but I guess I care about my well being as well...

Perhaps take some initiative and find yourself a decent outpatient program. Or get active in a 12 step or non 12 step program. I believe you've made some extraordinary and profound changes in kicking the habit, your family is just worried and need to see some outward expression of that inner change. Best of luck OP

Hmm maybe if it comes to your mom wanting to come back just tell her no? I mean your 21. All you have to do is not talk to them if you dont want to. Maybe tell her that you will not put up with her coming here, it was just a phase, and if she tries to quit her new job that you will not cooperate

Tell your mum yourself. Its better than the threat of them doing it. Then they have no control over your decisions.

Tell her you had a problem and you stopped. Then your sister and grandmother found out and threatened to tell her .

So you tell her.

I had to tell my folks. They found more paraphernalia and drugs i forgot about.

Its better coming from you than anyone.

Id not talk to your sister or gran a while. Get some space and tell your mum you need privacy right now as you were dealing with this yourself and need to have your own way of dealing.

That is really a kind of blackmail and they might be trying to help but it doesnt help.

They could have just talked to you and supported you themsrlves or given you a chance but they didnt.

Urgh.

I'm with Zephyr. If you have had a drug problem in the past your mother will always be worrying anyway. Information, honest information, is the best way for both of you. let her know that you have stopped and have two months even with all the old stuff around (why are you keeping it??). Let her know also that you are worried for her and that the best thing she can do is to believe you and to keep the lines of communication open while she focuses on her career. let her know how happy you are for her that she has this opportunity and that you would be devastated to be the cause of anything that jeopardizes it.