• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Injection ROA MY Sore arm

iwasupaboveit

Greenlighter
Im really sorry guys if im out of line putting this question here or whatever might be wrong with it. But i cant find any topic that can answer my question.

I shot up for the first time today.

Heres what happened:

-I tied off my arm
-I then lost control of needle and it came out (while arm was tied up)
-I reinjected a bit more upward, same vein
-I put the plunger in about 20units

At this time i wasnt sure if i did it right so i did some more. wasnt quite feeling what i thought id be feeling.

-i found another vein close to the middle vein in my arm. The big one. this new one was smaller and off to the side of it.
-i think i missed it but i didnt inject at all.
-so i reentered at another point on the big vein again. This time lower.
-i shot the rest into me. about another 20 units.

Now my arm is sore and tender at the site of injection. There are red dots where i put the needle in.
But nothing else is wrong. its just tender and sore. Is that normal though? To be sore?

Its amazing how simple the question is and it has not been answered. I mean people wont shut up about abscesses but nothing about slight tenderness.
Its my first time and I think i did okay but i just wanna make sure that nothing else might be wrong.
I will keep up with my arm's status just incase something changes in a few days. But i expect my arm to be okay by tomorrow. It just feels like someone stuck a needle in my arm lol.
but is that normal? should i not feel anything if i did it right?

It sounds fine.... Why do you complain about response time in your first post? That's just ridiculous

It sounds fine.... Why do you complain about response time in your first post? That's just ridiculous

thanks buddy.
but hey, when did i complain about response time? im sorry if i did. i guess my arm mighta been achin me lol. nah but i dont think i did. i was just frustrated about not getting a clue about what was goin on here. sorry tho. i wanna respect the community

ohhhh i see what you mean. I didnt mean that MY question/thread was unanswered. I meant that the question as a whole, in the entire community, wasnt answered yet. as a thread or something. I was looking around and i couldnt find anything about it without people saying that got another arm growing out of their vein or something lol.

so did you get a GOOD FEELING when you first shot?

are you drawing back to MAKE SURE YOU SEE BLOOD!? w/ each shot you draw back immediately to see if you are in the vein. then when you are HALF WAY DONE w/ the shot you DRAW BACK AGAIN to make sure you are still in the vein. you CANNOT MISS A SHOT or you wont get the same high.

I assumed you sniffed before, right? how much dope would you sniff? do you guys grams or half grams or just bags? how many bags or how much of the gram did you shoot?

also, the EXACT AMOUNT OF WATER MEANS SHIT. dont worry about that. but how much did you shoot? dope wise. did you shoot tar or powder? did you cook?

you mention a lot in ur post but you are missing a lot of things that matter.

btw, if you are shooting for the first time u probably dont have to tie off; thats only in movies, lol. but yes, after a while a tie off is good. but make sure before you shoot that you UNTIE that motherfucker, you dont want to leaved it tied.

so did you get a GOOD FEELING when you first shot?

are you drawing back to MAKE SURE YOU SEE BLOOD!? w/ each shot you draw back immediately to see if you are in the vein. then when you are HALF WAY DONE w/ the shot you DRAW BACK AGAIN to make sure you are still in the vein. you CANNOT MISS A SHOT or you wont get the same high.

I assumed you sniffed before, right? how much dope would you sniff? do you guys grams or half grams or just bags? how many bags or how much of the gram did you shoot?

also, the EXACT AMOUNT OF WATER MEANS SHIT. dont worry about that. but how much did you shoot? dope wise. did you shoot tar or powder? did you cook?

you mention a lot in ur post but you are missing a lot of things that matter.

Ok but i need a second opinion on that not tying off thing because ive read otherwise. I never know how deep to go into a vein and it seems once i was in that needle was going in and out pretty easy. i didnt like it.

I got a little blood but the problem was is that i tried pulling back but idk if my fingers are weak and maybe i was shakey but i couldnt get the plunger to go up. I did get high and i only used a tiny amount.

i sniffed but it was different dope. tar shit. gooey and stickey. i bought a half G this time and got 2 clumps of the stuff. and i only shot like 2 small pieces.

i did cook it. i used cotton too. how long should i cook it for tho?

dude, you have to put the FULL NEEDLE IN, till you cannot push down anymore; then you draw back and you will see the needle fill w/ DARK BLOOD immediately. shoot half the shot, and then pull back again and you will see it fill w/ the DARK BLOOD again, meaning you are still in a vein and then finish the shot. there should be NO PAIN, you just pull out and youre done. and right away you will feel a little light headed and feel GOOD!

I am not understanding how you would have a hard time holding an needle; there are only so many ways to do it and its easy. push in, all the way, draw back, see blood, push the plunger down and then draw back again, see more blood and finish a shot.

you cook till it bubbles a bit. make sure its not still a clump; I shoot powder so its different.

I generally don't cook it. You might have to with tar so I've heard, but its not very common where I live so I dunno. I'm fairly convinced that cooking doesn't really help anything with powder but ill let someone more familiar with tar answer that.

Yes the plunger will be hard to retract if you're not in a vein, you don't want to inject in that case, if you're properly in a vein the plunger will be much easier to retract (though the needle itself can vary in plunger stiffness,I find terumo's work best for this), and it will easily fill with blood, that's when you're in a vein. As for it moving around, practice I guess.

If you use a tourniquet you should release it BEFORE injecting. Many have no trouble finding a vein in the beginning but I have girl veins and I find a tourniquet helps somewhat.

As the others said the amount of water, in units or otherwise, doesn't matter. Generally you want as much water as you can get it to properly dissolve in, not a lot.

you HAVE TO COOK TAR, lol. but w/ powder its an option; i always PREFER COOKING; it helps in many way in my eyes but others say different.

I'm not sure we know for certain just how much cooking makes a difference with powder, but in theory it should be very soluble so heating may just dissolve cut. And it seems unlikely it kills bacteria with such short heating. But to each their own right?

Anyhow since this is tar it doesn't matter, has to be heated.

dude, you are not cool, lol. your arm should NOT FEEL TENDER.. you will feel absolutely fine after a shot.

yes, you have no worries.. you wont lose your arm, you wont die, so dont worry, but you DID NOT get a FULL SHOT and the FULL FEEL of a shot because you missed in many ways. you have to hit the vein and make sure you get a full shot in a vein to get the actual high.

and you STILL GET HIGH even when you miss but its a different type.

what made you start shooting?

thanks for being honest brother. thats what i was looking for. damn. no wonder i didnt get the rush people talk about. i got high quickly but it wasnt anything spectacular.

Curiosity, and because its tar. I want the full effect too. im not gonna be a chicken and just snort water solution.

im not gonna be a chicken and just snort water solution.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being a "chicken" when it comes to shooting up. Its one of the worst decisions i have made in my life. I envy people who can sniff dope and be satisfied off of it.

Sounds like a text book missed shot to me. The only question is will the missed material lead to a more serious complication or will it be resolved by your body. This is in god's hands. Did you wash your arm with soap and water prior to injection or at least use alcohol to clean the site(s). If the swelling, puffiness, tenderness and pain seem to increase, you would do best to consult an MD regarding the matter.

You might have already mentioned it OP, but did you clearly register with a slow but sure rhythmic flow of blood into the barrel? If you get good blood flow into the barrel, I've found you're 99.9% chance in the right place. The little trickles of blood are what you have to worry about. They're registers in disguise, meaning you could have poked fully through the vein or some other issue rendering you outside of the vein. Look for that flow man, you'll get the hang of it. God I feel dirty saying that last part.

This is what you should do every time.

Swab vein and surrounding area with alcohol swab.
Tie off, but it's not neccesary if you have decent veins and can make the whole process a bit more difficult. Crook of the arm is the easiest spot to shoot imo.
At an angle that is almost parallel with your arm, but slightly angled down, insert the needle into the vein. Always inject towards the heart, not away. You should hear/feel a little pop as it goes into the vein.
Pull back plunger gently, and a flag of dark red blood should enter the syringe. At this point, loosen your tourniquette, it's best to do this with your teeth in order to avoid moving the needle at all, as your free hand is holding the needle and the other one is out of commission if you are shooting into your elbow crook.
Pull back the plunger again gently, and make sure blood still draws in after loosening the tourniquette. Slowly push down the plunger, if you feel ANY RESISTANCE OR PAIN, immediately stop as you must have either accidently pushed through the vein, or pulled out of it. Start over if this happens.

Once done injecting, pull the needle out, and apply pressure to the injection site with a sterile cotton or kleenex or peice of gauze. This is to avoid bruising around the injection site.

There should only be a very small red dot from where you inserted the needle, but otherwise there shouldn't be any tenderness. It's very easy to get proper technique down, and missing shouldn't ever be a common occurance.

This is how I feel the rush from heroin. I shoot, and by the time I pull the needle out, I feel a rush a warm rush in my brain that gets more intense for about 10 seconds. It feels like my brain is being massaged by angels with warm hands. This warmth spreads through the rest of my body. Other people state they notice the rush start from there legs and work its way up to there head, but I never found it that way, always starts in my heads first.

There is no mistaking if you have injected properly unless you used way to little, because the rush is instant and unmistakable.

However, curiousity is what made me shoot up for the first time and I was a "natural" and instantly got hooked and regret ever trying it but what can I say, curiousity killed the cat. I knew better, I'd read hundreds of posts and reports from people with the same story. Once you feel the rush of a drug injected, it almost seems pointless to use it any other way. So maybe, you should consider the fact that you missed a sign from god to just not do it again. You will eventually regret it more then anything else you've ever done in your entire life. And it will follow you for the rest of your life.

Last edited: