• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids heroin help

Drowzytone

Greenlighter
thinking about taking heroin for the first time but i really want to be safe about it, i want to smoke it but idk which is better with snorting or smoking, i dont want to inject so just wondering what is the safest way to take it. what precautions should i take as i have really only taken oxys and benzos and molly oral. thanks any help would be appreciated, i have had alot of uses of opiates before such as codeine, trams taking alot and me slipping heavily if thats any help but that was like over year/2 ago. thank you :)

With much of the heroin in the US being tainted with fentanyl, now may be the worst time to try it.

Its hard to say what is the safest way to take heroin, but snorting it might be the healthiest. Smoking it used to be the safer way to go in terms of minimizing overdose risk (as you can fine tune the high) but that may no longer be true due to fentanyl contamination.

For a general read I'd check out this thread:

Im not from America , but I've seen a lot of threads and comments here about Heroin in America tainted with fentanyl.I wouldn't dare to do it .I don't like myself but I don't wanna die yet

If you are not a regular user of other opioids (preferably pharmaceuticals like oxycodone, hydromorphone, morphine, even codeine or tramadol) don't bother with heroin.

In fact most "heroin" these days has a good chance of containing no heroin at all. Fentanyl or its analog carfentanil are more cost-effective and subjectively "stronger" (plus shorter lasting) so they have overtaken heroin as the active agents in street "down".
Because there is no standardization of street heroin, it is very hard to tell how potent your material is. It could be anywhere between 50% fentanyl to less than 1%, and could contain carfentanil as well (in variable amounts). So a lethal dose could be from less than 4mg, to 200mg or more. Oh, and to add insult to injury, some unscrupulous dealers even add benzodiazepines to their "heroin", leaving their customers blacked out for hours (and making OD's even worse to treat)

I would see if you can find someone else who uses the same "down" that you are buying, and have them show you how much they use. Fentanyl is almost always smoked off foil where I'm from (as it's more effective and more rapid than snorting). If you can't find anyone to show you, then start with tiny amounts, much less than 1/4 of your dose, and make sure to wait in between doses. Preferably have someone with a naloxone kit nearby too.