• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin detox with vicodan?

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
New here...hope this is the right place for this...

I have been a heavy IV heroin user for a couple years and has hit rock bottom (and scraped) and now wants to detox, but is scared as I have never gone beyond first stages of sickness, which was bad enough. I do have 12 5mg vicodan (normally a fart in a stiff wind) and wonders if these might help during the worst of the sickness? Any advice on how to do this is most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would help but would also prolong withdrawals. You can taper though to help combat acute withdrawals

A couple of tablets might help take the edge off but like Wow said, you would be prolonging the inevitable. You also need to be careful with these because of the acetaminophen content which can be toxic in high doses. Compared with heroin, the vicodin 5 mg aren't much and you could end up taking a large amount just to combat the withdrawal sickness.

you don't have alot to work with. I would wait till the morning of day 3, cold water extract all pills and be done. the thoughts of withdrawals is often times worse than the actual withdrawals. try to score some valium or similar for sleep. Good luck, you got this.

If it was me I would take 2-3 tabs or 10-15 mg per day until I was totally out. I find tapering with 5 mg lortabs to work extremely well though your cravings will be intense. The most success I ever had quitting stronger opiates on my own was by using doses of 20 mg of hydrocone per day for 7 days. Near the end I would taper down to 10 mg and then stop. I quit at least 4 times using this method though I always relapsed around the third week completely clean. If tapering with kratom or immodium works then there is no reason using 10 mg of hydro per day would not work just as well. This method requires that you cut ties with all dealers and practice extreme self control. You can give the pills to someone who can dose them out for you. Using them at night can help you to get some proper sleep compared to using them during the day. I find that the actual WD's are really the worse part and the thought of them may be bad now but when you actually experience them you will want some type of minor relief. Research shows those trying to get clean from opiates have a higher chance of success if they taper.

As soon as the first hard round of violent shaking and chills hit (though my skin was hot to the touch) not even 24 hours in after a short and steep taper, I broke like a total bitch and started mashing cottons while waiting for a decent hour to arrive so I could score.

I'm such a failure.

Soon enough it won't matter cause my finances have changed suddenly and drastically and I'm down to my last few dollars- so I'll be quitting whether I have the will or not. And I'm terrified.

you don't have alot to work with. I would wait till the morning of day 3, cold water extract all pills and be done. the thoughts of withdrawals is often times worse than the actual withdrawals. try to score some valium or similar for sleep. Good luck, you got this.

I have no experience with extraction; I'd likely screw it up even if I knew how to do it, which I do not :/

Id use the pills during the first 3-4 days of wd (doubt they makema differenece) then ride out rest of the storm CT... Good news is that ur body will recover quicker than taper