• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin cut with crushed up pills, and various other things; a general inquiry

SKL

Bluelight Crew
I know this is a known practice. A really, really dumb practice, for obvious reasons.

Quoting from a recent exchange I had elsewhere,

... Baltimore ... Scramble is basically raw heroin, mixed with qunine (which is OTC), and then sometimes a little morphine and/or fent.

Morphine? Really? I find this hard to believe... [unless you mean] crushed up morphine pills? Which, of course, is ridiculous, because no active amount of morphine is going to get into the "scramble," although people have also been known to cut dope with crushed up Benadryl, even water-insoluble Valium/Xanax, etc. which is just a waste and stupidity.

(Pure USP diphenhydramine, however, would make a pretty good active cut, I used to have access to a lot of it in forms of vials for injection, 50mg/mL and would use it to dissolve my dope in, 50mg of i.v. Benadryl really adds to the rush, nod and legs, gets rid of itching, although some people don't like it, and as a cut it might suck [or even contribute to lethality] for the end user if he has to do 10+ bags each of which contain, say, 10-20mg of benadryl, 200mg is the generally considered medical MDD, and will knock you right out by itself, combined with dope and other shit it could kill, going beyond 300-350mg you can start to see delerium and all sorts of nastiness, etc.)

I dunno. I am not as versed in the sciences as you are. Just telling you what a dude who made it told me. I have no interest in scramble for that reason though- that i do not know what is being put in it.

This is something I've heard about happening and read about in professional (medical and law enforcement) publications, as well as heard plenty about as anecdote. Sometimes from the less informed, even people saying that their dope is better because it is cut with whatever pill ... Xanax is a common one ... and while it's actually totally believable (because it's true) that people can get their hands on (reasonably) pure alprazolam (among other benzodiazepines, diazepam being very big a number of years ago, phenazepam having it's day and providing one of the more memorable Bluelight trip reports, various RC benzos being all the rage now), even if this were the case, alprazolam not being water soluble, you'd probably end up filtering it out, or perhaps injecting a bit (probably not enough to matter) of particulate matter if you're not doing a good job filtering.

Some time ago there was much ado made about a certain product, I forget the name, that was made up of crushed up Benadryl pills and heroin. Which is silly, because volume to volume you'd have to do a silly amount of it to get a decent dose of Benadryl to potentiate the dope. And shooting it is only going to be bad for you, as is shooting any other pills.

As I mention above, reasonably pure diphenhydramine (which although I haven't seen it on offer I'm quite sure is procurable, not even being scheduled) might make a decent dope cut although not without it's potential problems (the key problem being a problem with all active cuts, especially to heroin, of proportionality of dose, particularly with regards to heroin, where people with high doses can do a large number amount, with the ratio of active cut becoming a problem at such doses.)

Water-soluble benzodiazepines I'd imagine are possible too, but scary, I've never heard tell of midazolam or flunitrazepam being available in pure form (although I guess it's possible like anything else given the money, but economy of scale doesn't suggest it being a worthwhile exercise); I think pyrazolam(?) is water soluble and fairly readily available.

All of which sound like a good way to die.

Cutting dope with pills, though, just sounds stupid and a waste of pills. How widespread is this practice? One would have to assume it's done at a pretty low (i.e. close-to-consumer) level because it just doesn't make any sense otherwise (some dope dealers in New York do bag and stamp, or sell unstamped--the latter seems to be on the rise--their own product and might cut it with God knows what, in places where dope is bought by the gram, either as powder or tar, anyone at any level could cut it with anything, which is part of the reason why I always appreciated proper "brand name" NYC stamps when I was doing dope, yeah, it could be fucked with, but fucking with it could get you fucked with, and word generally got out about what was good, bad, ugly, and lethal ... and boy did we often seek out what was killing people! Cue the archetypical scene of the junkie approaching EMT's Narcan'ing somebody and asking "what stamp.")

So this whole post is kind of TL;DR and meandering, but I wonder, what are people's experiences with this? Have you encountered heroin that's been cut up with crushed pills, or told so? Was it obvious? Did it tend to clog up the syringe, leave nasty gobs of stuff in the spoon, etc.? How widespread do you think this practice is? And do you think that dope is circulating cut with things like diphenhydramine and pyrazolam in pure form? (I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest but it's a disturbing possibility.)

Work this one out. I gave a positive sample for Subitex when all i'd used all week was Heroin. Why on earth would a dealer mix a blocker with Heroin?
If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Drug testing questions aren't allowed, so please let's not go further down that path, but I would question those results probably before I'd question my dealer. Doesn't make sense.

Recently becoming a daily H user, I've learned alot about various cuts to the point I can almost smell them. An old G user (40 years) , who's more educated, can tell you immediately after IV dose what's what. Weird, but true. Like China White, for instance, old G says it existed in the 70's/80's but doesn't today, that dealers are passing it off as CW because users are buying the name.

Benzos .. you'd be surprised how ignorant some dealers are to cut with this, as it is dangerous to mix the two. I've only ran across one batch with benzos and knew immediately, as benzos make me very emo/moody. Luckily, I only did a small test shot, but that was enough. My mood was funku for the next 8-10 hrs afterward.

Morphine....know within seconds, get bad histamine reaction. You know - burning. tingling, pin prick feeling in my face, hands, butt, feet, etc.

Baby powder, lactose, etc ... that nasty chalky taste, ugh.

While I blame the dealer, it's not always their fault. It'S the top dog mostly who does the cutting and the small dogs don't ask questions, or even care. Hell every dealer I've known doesn't use so how do they know the difference? Most are profit only who flip it quick for income. Rarely will you find an educated dealer who really cares what goes into his customer's body, or even know his product 100%.

Common practice? Yes, more often than we could prolly imagine. These days it's quantity over quality.

Last edited:
if you cut dope with benzos it will just be a huge was pf benzos as they are not water soluable (besides a select few)

aroun here shit is mostly cut with sunlingual b12 which has a distincr smell/taste. sometimes baby lax is used but that is easy enough to ID off the bat and usually only cut into dope that is garbage to begin with. towards the end of my run i finally found a dealer who only picked up some quality shit and would always have me or my buddy test it to let him know how it was or if/what it was cut with and then he would bag accordingly.

as for other pills and whatnot, it is very uncommon as far as shit ive run into. however recently a lot of od's around here were caused by fent and a few houses were busted in meth lab raids only to be discovered making fent and not meth. honestly that shit scared me a bit, however i only went to one guy and he always had quality so i wasnt concerned, it did fuck my tolerance royally though lol.

I'm pretty sure if it's cut with a type of benzo, then that's not really too good. Don't get me wrong, Harry is amazing. I love it. SO much.
But shooting heroin that's cut with a benzo is kinda risky? As you CAN shoot benzos, but Xanax for example, if you miss that in IV then that can FUCK your arm up (or where ever you're shooting place is).

I wouldn't cut Harry at all but you gotta make bucks some how, just don't put benzos in it... please. It will really mess some people up. A dealer that only deals doesn't understand how a junkie works when they're feinding - and all they want is that shot, and while they're in the process of shooting up a drug, you can miss your vein and shoot into the muscle and I've heard really manky stories about people who have shot xanax and missed and they lost fingers and got gangrene.

No, you can't shoot benzos (apart from a few rarely encountered on the "street;" in the hospital they have Ativan and Valium injections but they're dissolved in carefully prepared solutions including things other than water) They're water insoluble. All you're doing is shooting pills binders and junk. maybe some benzo particulate matter. which is terrible for you regardless but especially if you miss or IM/subQ to begin with. really, really good way to lose a limb or catch a stroke or a heart attack (the gunk has to go somewhere, and it can block off blood to your brain and heart, and also, you can't really get rid of it, it stays in your lungs for a very long time.) don't do this. and anyone using these as a dope cut is just dumb because plenty of largely harmless cuts are readily enough available