• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin cottons growing white mold/unknown white dots

Slingin

Greenlighter
I want to start by saying, I'm very sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm fairly certain I did, but I've been clicking around on dozens of pages on this site trying to find where to click to post something. I also want to start by saying that I've read about a million forums in my life and not once ever so far have I posted or commented in one. But after looking all over online this morning, and being unable to find any information on my question, I decided to make an account and post it myself!����
So, I went to go do my morning shot of heroin today, and I looked in one of my little bags of cottons just because it caught my eye, and I saw that 3 of the maybe 15 cottons in the bag are growing what looks like a white mold of some sort. The reason that it bothered me enough to post it was because it happened to be the 3 darkest and best cottons in the bag, and I felt obligated to throw them away. They look like they have a bunch of little tiny pin needle sized dots of fuzzy looking mold, growing all over, but growing mostly on the spots on the cottons that have the most heroin left on them, so like the mold is growing On the spots of the cotton that have heroin stuck to it. I'm wondering if anybody knows what that is, maybe it's mold of some sort, or maybe it's like as the cotton dried out in there, the bth on the cotton dried like a salt and left behind salt crystals, because it almost looks like salt flakes on there too. Lol. Idk, but anybody who knows, I'd much appreciate some thoughts or knowledge on the topic. Glad to be here posting finally:) thanks!

to avoid this in the future -- don't put your wet cottons in bags, let them dry out fully.
and also ...not proud of it but I did a cotton shot once w/ several cottons one of which clearly appeared to have grown black mold. didn't seem to do any harm. =/

I've had this happen to me, but it was H4 not BTH and i'm pretty sure it was mold. In the interest of harm reduction, i would say throw them out.. however when it happened to me i was sick and desperate and did a wash anyway.. seemed to give me a generally sick feeling, still got my fix though. Nothing else came of it, just didn't feel great for a few hours. I was probably lucky, and i would advise you to just toss them. As tightlywound said, don't store cottons in bags, and allow them to dry completely to avoid this. Stay safe.