• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Bioavailability Intranasal vs Smoked

ive never tried snorting heroin... but i did make an attempt at chasing black tar once... and i have to tell you it was damn near worthless... i loaded the same stuff up in a rig the next day... it was much more worthwhile...

moral of the story

shoot dope

Edit: just a note... i never graduated to shooting dope... thats where i started... so my opinion on all other ROAs can be very skewed

When I get a some black tar, I will usually cut it and snort, but leave a small bit to vaporize. Vaporizing is much better than smoking, because putting a direct flame to it destroys some of the alkaloids. Snorting gets you much more bang for buck, and smoking gives more of a rush with weaker high like mmmmchrisx said.

Black tar is very snortable, but it needs to be cut. To do this, you need to get a plate or beaker, put in the black tar, moisten it with a little water or vinegar. Alcohol also works, and dries much faster, but the de-acetylation is quicker also, which isn't good. Pretty much any liquid will causing de-acetylation (diacetylmorphine > morphine). I think that vinegar doesn't do this as much as others, but you would need to cut it with a base so it's not so acidic and doesn't rape your sinus'. First time I cut it with acetaminophen, but now I cut with sugar. It leaves a sweet drip, rather than a bitter chemical one. Add the powder after you've dissolved some of the tar in the liquid, and mix it up well. Then leave it on the windowsill, or get a fan to blow on it. Once it's dried you can scape it and transfer it to whatever kind of container, like a snuff bullet preferably. You can snort it once it's in the syrupy stage, but I prefer once it's completely dried, because then I can put it in my snuff bullet or in sticky note paperand carry it around rather than in a beaker.

As for bioavailability i'd concur that it's like enoughorangejuice said.

When I get a some black tar, I will usually cut it and snort, but leave a small bit to vaporize. Vaporizing is much better than smoking, because putting a direct flame to it destroys some of the alkaloids. Snorting gets you much more bang for buck, and smoking gives more of a rush with weaker high like mmmmchrisx said.

Black tar is very snortable, but it needs to be cut. To do this, you need to get a plate or beaker, put in the black tar, moisten it with a little water or vinegar. Alcohol also works, and dries much faster, but the de-acetylation is quicker also, which isn't good. Pretty much any liquid will causing de-acetylation (diacetylmorphine > morphine). I think that vinegar doesn't do this as much as others, but you would need to cut it with a base so it's not so acidic and doesn't rape your sinus'. First time I cut it with acetaminophen, but now I cut with sugar. It leaves a sweet drip, rather than a bitter chemical one. Add the powder after you've dissolved some of the tar in the liquid, and mix it up well. Then leave it on the windowsill, or get a fan to blow on it. Once it's dried you can scape it and transfer it to whatever kind of container, like a snuff bullet preferably. You can snort it once it's in the syrupy stage, but I prefer once it's completely dried, because then I can put it in my snuff bullet or in sticky note paperand carry it around rather than in a beaker.

As for bioavailability i'd concur that it's like enoughorangejuice said.

Are you sure that's necessary? Not disagreeing with you but when I do it I simply mix the tar and a very small amount of water in a spoon, heat it up a little bit to make sure it's dissolved, and then snort it just like that. It has always worked better than smoking for me. I don't think you really need to go to all that trouble, unless you're just doing it to make it burn less (which doesn't bother me).

To the original poster...are you sure those numbers represent the correct bioavilavility of smoked v.s. snorted? The smoked bioavilavility is higher than that of having snorted it according to your calculations and in practice I feel that 1 point smoked is ALWAYS stronger than 1 point snorted...maybe that's just me.

Also we are going to assume the H in question here is not back tar! That one is restricted only to southern US by where the Mexican border is, other countries...places do not get such H. We get brown coloured H powder which is bomb, can be snorted, shot or smoked...nothing close to brown tar, simply brown coloured powder.

My good buddy preffered to snort his before he started shooting, whereas me 95% I smoked it and the rest snorted it....my buddy would be able to respond to this better b/c after a while as I got up to smoking 1 gram a day his lines were fatter than those I seen people make from cocaine.

THE KETAMAN,

I believe he makes a good point and that is exactly what my thoughts on this issue were. HOWEVER.....to ketaman & to everyone of this train of thoughts, I like you guys having to choose either between smoking or snorting (i have a phobia of needles/syringes). Smoking (at least to me) gave me the best bang for my buck (not only with 1 type of heroin but with 2 years of everyday use kind of thing, getting different shit once or twice every week....different in colour usually not really in strenght.....East Coast Canada).

I easily got up this way from 1 point lets say a day or every 2 days to 1 gram a day (to myself of course...and by then I had mastered the art of chasing)........2 points wouldn't do much by then other than take shits away and headaches prob.

I DO AGREE the high from smoking isn't long lasting, however H is pretty long lasting to start with (if u chased it with fentanyl, u know it can be even shorter) and also if you are smoking you can always increase/up the high or extend duration by another hoot or two while with snorting, from the people i know that did it a lot they'd make their lines and not really snort again or if they wanted to up their dose they'd take a puff like I would but after that they'd be out, while I was still sociable.

Yes I'm in the UK and we get a nice Tan powder.
Since I made this thread (quite a while ago now) I have heard from some peeps that smoking aka chasing (vapourising really) has a better BA, and I'm now inclined to agree :)

I have always reffered to smoking H as chasing the dragon and vice versa...after all who does 'H puffs'?

And by chasing the dragon I mean placing tying spots on tin foil, heating it and letting it drip down a bit as to get the most of it....in case anyone is wondering.

Anyways just wanting to say that I realized this is my 4th post
-
'Whatever....I do what I want, just cuz of that Im gonna do all the drugs I want and have all the sex I want! Whatever I do what I whant!"

you guys make snorting tar you seem very difficult in all it is not difficult at all there are two methods either drop your car in an eye drop bottle with a little bit of water and drop the liquid in your nose or put your tar in a pill bottle with a couple quarters or nickels and shake it until it becomes a powder and you can add Clabber Girl baking powder to help with the burn

I'm from the west coast, and I've only seen Black Tar Heroin around here, never powder.

So it was either shoot or smoke, I never have used a needle outside the Hospital, so smoking was my only choice.

But let me say, after my tolerance got too high for pills, like Hydrocodone and Oxycodone, and the prices for them were WAY too high, so I went the other route and got something cheaper and got me way more blasted.

Everyone around here smokes their dope, and let me say it's an incredible method to smoke it. My 1st time smoking a line, I got an INSANE rush that I have never gotten from Hydrocodone or Oxycodone.

But, the shit was just too fucking addicting and it was Fucking my life up, after I pretty much hit rock bottom, and the Withdrawal was just WAY too intense for me to handle, with 6+ years of opiate use, yeah the Withdrawal was too fucking hard after those many years using opiates.

So I ended up in the E.R. because I was a wreck and my parents just couldn't see me like that, the doctor at the E.R told me and my parents this is the 1 and only time we can help you with dope sickness, I was literally so dehydrated that it almost killed me. So he just couldn't 'NOT' help me because he felt for me, and felt really bad. So he ordered me a bundle of meds to get me through the day, an IV of Morphine, Ativan, and Promethazine.
He said, there's 2 ways to save your son (talking to my parents), #1 Rehab, #2 Methadone treatment.
Rehab was WAY too expensive for us, so ever since, I've been on Methadone. 3 years later.......still on methadone.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but was searching this topic, and this was in the top 3 of googles search to my query!

Basically, in the UK, none of the available street stuff will dissolve in water, which is why snorting it is not a common ROA, and is highly ineffective (never given it a proper go, because I can get some very strong NO.3 (this is what is exclusively available, as in, unless you went on holiday and brought some no.4 back from abroad, no.3 is what the UK has on offer, period.) and i would not waste it by snorting it.

So this being the case, if you are in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter and have NO.3 (heroin base / brown powder that requires addition of citric for it to dissolve in water, which IV users must do to make it into a shootable liquid) DO NOT BOTHER TRYING THIS! IT WONT BE EFFECTIVE SNORTED AS POWDER, IT WONT DISSOLVE IN WATER, SO MAKING A NASAL SPRAY BY MIXING IT WITH WATER FIRST WONT MAKE IT ANY MORE EFFECTIVE WHEN SNORTED...!

I have no idea if this would work as I do not IV, but if you were to make it into a liquid, using citric, i.e.. using same steps to prepare for IV shot, then putting that in a nasal spray bottle, it just might work, but STILL, with NO.3 a bag in the UK is usually between 0.1 and 0.2, and smokers will smoke that all in the same 'session' as it were. And IV users will usually put entire bag into a shot (some may get 2 shots depending on size and potency of bag), but either way, whichever ROA, the user will generally use the whole (lets call it 135mg per bag) bag as quickly as possible. Basically a line would be the whole bag, and sniffing that all at once would not have anything close to the effect of smoking it...

So even if you were to dissolve the NO.3 using citric, and even if this did work as a nasal spray, it would take a whole lot of sprays to get it all into your nose - and if done quickly, there would be too much liquid and it would either drip straight down throat, or fall back out of nose (doesn't matter which, but it is too much for the nose to absorb at once, so it would be a waste.

IF YOU HAVE NO.3 - SMOKING IS MORE EFFECTIVE DEFINITELY.
IF YOU HAVE NO.4 - INTRANASAL IS MORE EFFECTIVE DEFINITELY. ALSO NO.4 GENERALLY WONT SMOKE WELL, IE. IT WONT 'RUN' ON THE FOIL

What I am trying to say is, the stuff that is good for snorting is NO.4, as it dissolves in water without anything added, not even heat is required. And for snorting not to be a waste, it needs to be strong NO.4 as well for this method to work. This is because if it is strong NO.4 you would not need to snort a line anywhere near 135mg to get the desired effect. Depending on potency and an individuals tolerance, between as little as 10mg (china white from golden triangle) and 50mg (some pretty good NO.4) is all thats required to get an effect, and again tolerance depending this amount could provide a strong high. Even less for IV (I am guessing).

I am not saying all NO.4 is stronger than NO.3 / base H, as NO.4 can be cut to fuck just the same as any drug, so in some cases, a bag of NO.3 will have higher percentage heroin content than a bag of same weight of NO.4. What I am saying is that NO.3 is not designed for snorting, or even REALLY for IV as it needs additional chemicals to make shooting it possible. It is made for smoking, which is what the vast majority of the Afghani addicts will do. NO.4 IS designed for IV as it requires nothing apart from water to make it shootable, and because of its water solubility, it is also completely suitable for snorting as it will get absorbed in the mucous membranes of the nose.

SO - IF you have NO.4 I would suggest doing this in small amounts at a time. e.g.. a lines worth dissolved in as little water as possible, which won't be much if its fairly pure, put this into an empty and washed out nasal spray bottle and to dose spray the mist continually until the container is empty again (won't take many sprays, and will help absorption (many people sniff a bit of water before and / or after sniffing a line to aid absorbtion), I think having it already mixed like this will be more effective - in fact it IS more effective!).

I would NOT pre mix a load in like a half full bottle though. Would be too hard to judge amounts needed of water and H, and also as mentioned it could degrade. I would just do it a lines worth at a time (which isn't a hassle, as when sniffing H, unlike coke, you don't sniff line after line all night, but rather every few hours, so a decent lines worth dissolved into as little water as possible, every few hrs, or however often you would sniff a line, do this instead. A few sprays and its finished, all one after the other in alternating nostrils.

I also think its worth mentioning that this is likely very effective as a harm reduction technique for sniffing H. It avoids the raw H hitting your nose dry, which over time would cause damage. This method will definitely soften the blow in terms of damage to the nostrils (REMEMBER TO SWITCH NOSTRILS AS WELL WHEN SNIFFING ANYTHING!)