• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin and ROA/withdrawal question

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Well. Here is the situation-bought an 8th of H plus 50x5mg physeptone (methadone in tablet form).

The 8th, weight on, and very nice, strong shit, freebase so to shoot needs cooking with acid, came as two separately wrapped portions, each containing half of it.

So when it and my methadone pills came today, I went a bit mad on it, slammed a good half the first bag or so, maybe .6 and a bit, in one shot, along with 65-70mg methadone. Have a bit of fun, smoked nearly all of it now. The other bag is untouched so far.

So, question, if the aim is to avoid withdrawal rather than get high, and to have pain relief (I'm a chronic pain patient, prescribed oxy and morphine), should it last longer if I make it into shots, or instead, use a glass pipe and toke a few draws now and then? (and of course, powder the methadone and either filter and IM it or plug it)

Because I want to be able to make this gear and 'done last as long as possible and avoid withdrawal, so I can save my morphine and build up as much of it as possible, so as to subject it to chlorination and then catalytic reduction using palladium on carbon in isopropanol to afford desomorphine from the intermediate alpha-chloromorphide.

Hey Limpet, I'm sorry to hear you're facing withdrawal. It's obviously no fun. Now, the thing is, I think this thread is skating on the edge of what I would consider Harm Reduction information. The issue I have is that you're not actually consulting us regarding your imminent safety, which is what we're for. I know you don't want to experience extreme withdrawal, but at this point, it's just an inevitability. When you run out of Opioids, you're going to get sick. You will probably have a perceived delay in the onset of symptoms due to using Methadone, which is a long(er) acting Opioid.

ROA with Methadone is really not that variable, at least in terms of what you're worried about. Whether you plug it, shoot it or smoke it, withdrawal will inevitably present.

If you're not an experienced chemist, I would seriously not attempt the Desomorphine AKA Krokodil synthesis that you're describing. It's easy to make, apparently, but it's typically fraught with contaminants and dangerous byproducts.

You kinda misread my question there. Its that 'would using larger amounts, less often, as shots, be the longer iasting tool for avoidance of withdrawal, or would taking periodic little nibbles using a pipe? For a given quantity of gear.
On the one hand it's easier
to make adjustments, when smoking and it doesn't commit the gear like a shot, once a shot is prepped, drawn up, and the needle inserted into a vein, it's going
to be injected, not like I'm going to change my mind and a/b it to get one prepped shot back to smoke after is it?.

I don't take methadone on a detox basis, I'm scripted morphine and oxy. And, while I've none of the oxy, I do have most of a half 8th of good gear, that hasn't seen too many pairs of hands left, after buying an 8th yesterday (and an actual 8th, weight on, not some shitty excuse from an average dealer with his dick up his nostrils and spunk dribbling out of his ears from the inside of his skull.)

And don't give me no bollocks about how it isn't harm reduction.

For one, it is-opioid withdrawal is harmful. Ergo, avoiding it, is reducing harm by preventing occurance of that harmful event. If you do not believe it to be harm, then will you voluntarily permit me to, after forcing on you, fentanyl (in clinical doses, of a medical grade, known concentration), sufficient to keep you unconscious bar intermediate rousals for the purpose of intake of food and fluid, and to make trips to the toilet to remove waste.

And after six months, to inject you with a 500mg dose of naltrexone every six hours?

I didn't think so, somehow. And if I did do this, involuntarily, you would certainly consider yourself to have been harmed, wouldn't you not?

(this is to be taken entirely as a thought-exercise, and not in the very tinest bit, as a threat, or indeed actual suggestion that this be done; only to be spoken of, and considered of course)

And B: I'm not facing withdrawal, not as such. If I don't take opioids I will alright, that is for sure, the question is, how to make the 250mg of methadone, total, and the H I have, last the longest, when the purpose is not to get shitfaced high, that, I could manage on my own good self without too much difficulty, I do so believe=D

But to spin it out, and avoid withdrawal, feel fine, without getting high, using whatever ROA for the gear is most advantageous to further the purpose of doing so, for as long as possible. I.e, which ROA as suggested, will permit this to be done longest?

Given the posts that are looked on as being just fine on BL, don't single me out. There are plenty posts on BL about ROAs, plenty that have fuck all to do with harm reduction WHATSOEVER, such as 'should I take the acid first, or the MDMA first for the best candyflip' or 'how often do you change the brillo pad in your crack pipe', all manner of psychedelic, entactogen, weed, steroid, etc. etc. etc. etc. posts which have as much to do with HR as I have to do with helping the pope shag 10-year-old choirboys after he gets so geriatric and palsied he can barely lift his favourite crucifix-shaped papal noncing dildo.

My post has a lot more to do with HR than does many posts which are considered just fine here.

As for krokodil....EWWW!! jesus christ. I wouldn't fucking dream of making krokodil. Thats just nasty!

Desomorphine on the other hand, is different, and does not have the whole flesh rotting 'make sure you either burn them or destroy the brain!' factor to it, it's just another, albeit reportedly extremely euphoric, and highly potent opioid (not too potent however, 1mg desomorphine-D is apparently equal to 10mg morphine if both are used IV, although desomorphine is shorter acting)

Krokodil is the nasty russian slop that results from a Nagai reduction being used, along with no proper cleanup of the resulting shite, AFAIK after use of SOCl2 to chlorinate codeine and make alpha-chlorocodide. Then this is, to the best of my knowledge, subjected to the Nagai, and the product used once the reduction has been performed; without proper cleanup.

Even WITH proper cleaning, the Nagai reduction is just too damn harsh for use on phenanthrene opioids (it's the same process as used to make meth from pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, red phosphorus and iodine), Sure, I have a couple of kg of red phosphorus hanging around, and plenty I2, but you don't bloody think I'm going to use the damn Nagai reduction like the russians do to make the same sort of disgusting, flesh-necrotizing rusty coathanger abortion of a clusterfuck excuse for a dirty helping of sewage that might, just might, have a bit of desomorphine in there, do you? Fucking hell.

Alpha-chloromorphide, rather than the chlorocodide will bee the intermediate, and pharmaceutical morphine the starting material, once rigorously cleaned of all the sulfate ion (SO4- is a known catalyst poison for precious metal hydrogenation catalysts), and after the chloromorphide is in hand, catalytic hydrogenation employing Pd/C will be the route, or perhaps palladium black. One cannot in this, substitute platinum, BTW, as it's too active a catalytic metal and will lead to a tetrahydrodesomorphine product instead. Doubtful as to whether it is toxic, but also, probably not particularly active.

Alpha-chloromorphide, I have experience with, BTW. Quite a peculiar drug. I never got to reduce it the first time, as I ended up exploring it's bioactivity in it's own right, as there were no reports of this having been done. Morphine was chlorinated using thionyl chloride, in anhydrous acetone as the solvent for each, the SOCl2 being added dropwise to an acetone solution of morphine sulfate cooled in an ice-salt-methanol-ethylene glycol bath using a suspension of sodium carbonate as a base to scrub the formed SO2 and HCl.

After workup, it was then tested, once the PH had been adjusted, melting points taken and what have you, until fit for in-vivo use.

Turned out to be a peculiar psychostimulant. Odd in that it was devoid of peripheral sympathomimetic type effects or anything noradrenergic feeling centrally, nothing whatsoever like an amphetamine or mixed DA/NE reuptake inhibitor such as methylphenidate or triple reuptake inhibitor like cocaine.

Rather, it was a curious enlivening of the mental processes, with colour enhancement visually, a sparkle to it although not in a way suggesting it may have in common, any activity with serotonergic psychedelics. And it didn't relieve opioid withdrawal either, it mildly ameliorated morphine/oxy WD when tested to see if it would substitute for conventional opioids. It did not. At any dose tested (I forget the doses now, I no longer have the notes, after a HD failure unfortunately). Dose was the limiting factor in it's exploration, because at the highest doses tested, clonus of the extremities began to occur. And I am in little doubt that in excess, an overdose of the drug would prove to be a convulsant. Below such levels however, it was a most interesting substance to explore.

Unfortunately, the studies in-vivo, that time, used up all the alpha-chloromorphide I had. So, I'm saving some more morphine up, and going to have another shot at it. NOT, I repeat NOT krokodil, but desoxymorphine-D,

But I recommend smoking H if you can, if you are a chipper, even more so. My junkie days only got bad when I was unable to get continuation of treatment (4 to 6 Percodans a day, and here Percodans/Percocets are 5mg tops, they suck, but they were so afraid of scripting OxyIR/Supeudol/generic Oxycodone only pills back then, now they only go for those, because of the dangers of too much apap or aspirin per day). Then the doc retired and he didn't tell me he would the last time he renewed that script for another 3 months. So I became a IV user with brand name purdue Dillies 4 and 8's and HydromorphContin beads crushed and filtered through SteriFilts. Once you know the rush of hydromorphone...apparently stronger of a rush than pharma heroin ampoules, but I bet it's pretty close, at least H isn't a bitch that leaves you 10 minutes after the rush taken this way...I was fine with just snorting the Dillies....and I had shot some a few times, but was able to control myself, but when I would just get lousy HMC's 6mg on a certain day, it was always hydromorphone, but what was available was random.

Smoking is just slightly less of a BA than shooting up. Now I know that not everybody gets the same type of H and I think #4 can't be smoked unless it's mixed with caffeine powder for some reason. Here near Montreal, a lot of the H often is the brown stuff that you have to use citric acid on to make it a solution that can be injected, but I only saw H twice and it was the same guys and they would nod out pretty intensely from smoking that stuff. I don't know if one can smoke that west of Mississippi black tar H...it does have the advantage of being safer in a way though, I read from you guys that black tar H isn't contaminated with fent as much as the supposed #4 which is just death in a baggie, stamp or whatever on the east coast where people are dropping like flies. If one knows how to smoke #4 that could be cut with fent, smoking should reduce the dangers of fent and fentalogues...I think? I know I read about people smoking gel from fent patches or from crushed Abstrals (fent pills mostly for people on suboxone, that work like suboxone, for when people on sub need absolutely a pain killer (getting into a real bad accident or needing surgery), patches aren't strong enough, and bupe has to be displaced somehow in those situations.

I speak with the authority of somebody who spent 3 years doing things for cash, even if I had a good enough paying job to live in a condo, getting the cash needed to sustain the opi-crack that's IV hydromorph and all the aggravations when one doesn't feel like they can mentally beat the withdrawals that one time and the ORT BS rules...especially at the beginning, I don't know how it is outside my province, but I had to go the pharmacy for 90 days before getting even one takehome, and even with subs, unlike in Ontario, I can only get a week's worth of doses like methadone. Stay cautious my friend, I know how wonderful it is to get "where you need to be". The people I know who smoked H, out of 2, only one ended up on methadone and it was because of how cheap pharma pills were, not the H he was smoking that was really expensive. I think the Mafia/Bikers here have some strange codes of ethics, like, they sell coke, but you'll have to make your own freebase, because, well, I know somebody who got one hell of a whoppin' for turning 2 ounces of coke into freebase and selling it as that, it's not tolerated, he was intimidated by random cell phone calls, on one of his 5 or 6 phones before to stop doing what he's doing and that "we don't tolerate that nigger shit here".

Oh man I don't miss the hard drugs scene.

Last edited: