• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin and Methadone Question (dosing)

Gamergui

Greenlighter
Hi, I am an experienced opiate user and am RX'd 90mg of methadone daily. Occasionally, I IV .2 powder heroin and get a nice rush and a high. Now, I have a takehome for christmas. My question is, to get the most out of my dope, should I skip my dose completely and do a .2 shot, or take half of my dose and then do a .2 shot. Any experienced heroin+done users input would be appreciated.

27 views and no replies? any answers or suggestions would be preferred. Only have .4 left and don't want it to be a waste of a rush in the morning.

I personally found that my methadone started to block the effects of street heroin when it got to 70mg. To catch a buzz I would have to spend at least 2 days taking at the very most half of that but it's all horses for courses.

It had the desired effect - after spending a year at 70 my heroin intake reduced by >95%. I spent 8 months bringing it back down to 30, where it of course turns from a blocking agent into a wonderful potentiator for even the most garbage weak heroins, but thankfully my seriously reduced interest stuck and I plan on stopping using st. gear all together on the 31st. New Years resolution and all - I've had 11 years of this shit now and hopefully the doctor should agree to send my methadone dose into free fall come a week on Wednesday so if I want this to be successful I cannot afford any more on top pissing about. I've managed to reduce my dose over 50% with little or no problems and I really cannot afford for the wheels to come off at this point.

Sorry you had to wait so long for a reply Gamergui it's Christmas so it looks like most folk actually have normal things seasonal things to do rather than shoot up. Back to normal today though, from my end at least. I need some fucking weed for starters ran out last night and I have loads more films to watch.

I always found at doses like that shooting dope literally gave me a small rush then....nothing. Like the methadone just took back over

So personally, if I wanted to feel the dope, I wouldn't take any methadone.

But then again, I'd probably feel like crap from not dosing to the point that .2 wouldn't do much.

So best answer: you're probably the best judge of what works for *you*. I mean, if you feel dope on a 90 mg dose then you're already in a small minority so most of our experience probably wouldn't apply

@stee--I've been slowly coming down from 95 mg. Currently at 34. Haven't noticed any symptoms either :). You can do it. I came off like this before, it's really not bad when done *slowly*