• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin after subs

bomber

Bluelighter
I know taking subs too soon after taking heroin can cause rediculusly unpleasant symptoms but what about taking heroin after buperophine?
Worst that can happen is heroin having no effect right? But not this intense wd like symptoms.
I took buperophine to ease heroin wd but it doesnt seem to be working. Propably because my mouth for some reason started making saliva like there is no tomorow so it was imposible to not swalow before it melts under my tongue, so i wanna take heroin but im kinda scared

I know taking subs too soon after taking heroin can cause rediculusly unpleasant symptoms but what about taking heroin after buperophine?
Worst that can happen is heroin having no effect right? But not this intense wd like symptoms.
I took buperophine to ease heroin wd but it doesnt seem to be working. Propably because my mouth for some reason started making saliva like there is no tomorow so it was imposible to not swalow before it melts under my tongue, so i wanna take heroin but im kinda scared
Buprenorphine has such a high affinity that it is frequently used in hospital

For breakthrough pain in post-operative patients on IV morphine or Demerol, Buprenex .3mg is sometimes administered due to its exceptional binding properties. And the dose can be repeated after 30 minutes if sufficient analgesia isn't achieved, and thereafter up to every 4 hours as needed. There was even speculation in some paper I read about the apparent ability for buprenorphine molecules to literally elbow morphine out of receptor sites and provide enhanced pain relief that's longer lasting

Last edited:
Hey OP. You've got it all right. The issue of precipitated withdrawal is not a two-way street. On the one hand, if you take Opioid antagonists or more accurately in this instance, Buprenorphine, a partial agonist/antagonist when you are currently dependent upon Opioids it will send you into powerful withdrawal. The flip side of that is that Opioid agonists just won't or will work in a diminished potency.

Hey OP. You've got it all right. The issue of precipitated withdrawal is not a two-way street. On the one hand, if you take Opioid antagonists or more accurately in this instance, Buprenorphine, a partial agonist/antagonist when you are currently dependent upon Opioids it will send you into powerful withdrawal. The flip side of that is that Opioid agonists just won't or will work in a diminished potency.
I have to agree albeit reluctantly, that your best option is probably either to switch to a form of buprenorphine/naloxone with a different route of administration like Butrans or Belbuca. tho even if your doctor was willing they are more expensive and unlikely to be covered by insurance

You could increase your dose of Suboxone to a sufficient level to stabilize you, keeping in mind the longer you take it and the higher the dose the harder it is to taper when you eventually decide to quit. I would first try taking one 25mg benadryl (sold at the dollar store) an hour before your Suboxone which will reduce the saliva and facilitate absorption without overly sedating you

Or you could switch to methadone maintenance which can be initiated immediately.

I say reluctantly because there are always other possibilities unique to you which I won't know about

But that option you suggested of returning to "heroin" use exposes you to an unnecessary risk of death from fentanyl or Carfentanil which is showing up increasingly in samples of street opioids. It's a great one... For bringing down elephants

Last edited:
I understand that Fentanyl and Fentanyl analogues are really common right now. There are tools distributed with the intention of providing more safety to illicit Heroin/Fentanyl users like test strips for the presence of Fentanyl. I really appreciate the efforts of the Harm Reduction community in distributing these strips, but my honest appraisal is that they are essentially useless. We already know that most of the dope right now is Fentanyl in some form. It would be more appropriate to administer strips to test for the presence of Morphine alkaloids, just as a matter of logic.

One thing that is too often overlooked is the value in administering test doses of any dope that you pick up. Why do people not do test shots? Well, the truth is that by doing a test shot, you're likely going to experience less of a "bang" or "rush" when and if you decide to use an entire dose. A test shot of 1/10th of a bag should be enough to, not ensure your safety, but give you a significant leg up in determining whether or not you have a truly lethal brand of dope in your possession. People don't do it because it ruins the fun. I can testify to this.

When you're runnin and gunnin on the dope train, it often involves trying to prepare an 8 bag shot in under 120 seconds while some douchebag pounds on the door of the McDonals bathroom. The concept of preparing a test shot, waiting, then preparing the rest of your dope just doesn't seem feasible. However, you can save your life and you don't need anyone's assistance to do a test shot. Think about it guys. I never did it. I'll be honest, but that doesn't make the notion any less true.

I understand that Fentanyl and Fentanyl analogues are really common right now. There are tools distributed with the intention of providing more safety to illicit Heroin/Fentanyl users like test strips for the presence of Fentanyl. I really appreciate the efforts of the Harm Reduction community in distributing these strips, but my honest appraisal is that they are essentially useless. We already know that most of the dope right now is Fentanyl in some form. It would be more appropriate to administer strips to test for the presence of Morphine alkaloids, just as a matter of logic.

One thing that is too often overlooked is the value in administering test doses of any dope that you pick up. Why do people not do test shots? Well, the truth is that by doing a test shot, you're likely going to experience less of a "bang" or "rush" when and if you decide to use an entire dose. A test shot of 1/10th of a bag should be enough to, not ensure your safety, but give you a significant leg up in determining whether or not you have a truly lethal brand of dope in your possession. People don't do it because it ruins the fun. I can testify to this.

When you're runnin and gunnin on the dope train, it often involves trying to prepare an 8 bag shot in under 120 seconds while some douchebag pounds on the door of the McDonals bathroom. The concept of preparing a test shot, waiting, then preparing the rest of your dope just doesn't seem feasible. However, you can save your life and you don't need anyone's assistance to do a test shot. Think about it guys. I never did it. I'll be honest, but that doesn't make the notion any less true.
Hilarious and on point! You aren't by any chance the real Keif Richards ??

Hilarious and on point! You aren't by any chance the real Keif Richards ??
Haha, no. I'm Keif' Richards. The stones aren't my favorite band, but Keith is one of my favorite guitarists. I'm pretty sure he died sometime back in the 70's and now he's basically a hologram. I saw him at Fenway in the 00's for "A Bigger Bang" (Terrible) and he looked like a reanimated corpse, but he could still shred.

Haha, no. I'm Keif' Richards. The stones aren't my favorite band, but Keith is one of my favorite guitarists. I'm pretty sure he died sometime back in the 70's and now he's basically a hologram. I saw him at Fenway in the 00's for "A Bigger Bang" (Terrible) and he looked like a reanimated corpse, but he could still shred.
Yeah no because Richard's is still alive and going to help fight the rona. You can't deny it thank YOU Keif God Bless
Polish-20210425-191440095.jpg

The coronavirus is nothing. Keith can't be killed by conventioinal means. There's allegedly a manuscript buried underneath the temple of solomon that contains incantations written in ancient Sumerian that could banish him back to the dimension from whence he came... but I'm hoping that day never comes ;)