• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Herion to oxy taper

midgy

Bluelighter
So I started my heroin to oxy (OP's long acting) journey and im on day 5 and only using about .2 - .3 of a gram in a full 24 hour period (intra-nasally, Never IV) along with 30mg 3x per day of the oxycontins (90mg total) morning, afternoon, and before bed dosing. I have quite a few 60mg and 80mg OP pills on hand already stocked up. I am currently using the 60's and just slicing them in half with a splitter. Keeping the long acting coat on and all and it deff lasts a while when taken regularly and not chewed up or anything. Before this, I've never taken one of these before normally just swallowed with coating on and all that. Definitely a different feeling you get vs. short acting and sniffing them. I've always sniffed everything, NEVER shot anything before. Just so people have full context of my situation.

I have this weird feeling like im not myself in these last few days. Like mentally, I feel different, plus these oxys almost give me a "numb" sort of effect on my body which I never really got before when using, at least not like this. I just feel so detached from myself and weird. Its very hard to explain, but please tell me im not the only one and this is all part of coming off/tapering down and using minimal dosing of things for a period of time. I have been using very very minimal for some time, well before switching days ago. I had about a 1g per day heroin habit (sniffed) that I reduced to .5-.6g per day on my own (Over the last few months), and then started using the OP's to try and get fully on the OP's so I can have a stable dose, and bring that down even more so I can come off all together.

I am writing to see how others felt during their time tapering or coming off and if anyone else has had similar feelings of being detached mentally and not "themselves" per say. Again, It's hard to explain, but I think others will know what I am talking about and will be able to relate.

P.S. I really enjoy having you guys here even though its all virtual. Its a good feeling knowing I can come on here with other like minded individuals. Wish me luck and THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Hey there just wanted to say I always get the most lethargic iv ever been in my life when I try coming off of oxy
Iv never tried H and am glad about that but iv tried to swap/taper my oxy to weaker opiates and even morphine won’t take away the crave for ox so iv kind of reserved myself to the fact il probably be on them for the rest of my life or they stop prescribing them to me
Whichever comes first

detached mentally and not "themselves" per say. Again, It's hard to explain, but I think others will know what I am talking about and will be able to relate.
I know exactly what you mean, I tapered to my prescribed dose of 10mg oxy at night (chronic pain) for several weeks and I STILL feel not like myself! But every day seems a little better. I'm at home instead of leading my usual hectic life, so figured i's easier now...... Right? Some of this may just well be my mental health, but I'm used to dealing with that, still feel crap tho.

Anyway once you settle on a dose or come off completely (whatever your plans) hopefully it should start to stabilise, from what I've experienced and read on here. Good luck hun!

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean, I came off a half gram a day H IV habit and tapered down with methadone and oxy ... I started this on 25/05 - I'm 6 /7 weeks in (I think). Bar a couple of relapses I've been down to 10mg oxy at night (chronic pain) for a few weeks and I STILL feel not like myself! But every day seems a little better. I'm shattered, fed up, my sleeping pattern is seriously screwed, but I'm at home so figured i's easier now...... Right? Some of this may just well be my mental health, but I'm used to dealing with that, still feel crap tho.

Anyway once you settle on a dose or come off completely (whatever your plans) hopefully it should start to stabilise, from what I've experienced and read on here. Good luck hun!
Yes, every day does seem a bit better and easier to cope. I've actually taken it slow and still at the 30mg 3x per day with a little H throughout the day as well. I will be upping the oxy soon while reducing the H even more to virtually none and hoping I can remain stable. I am taking it slow and letting my body full adjust to each point. It feels good using only .2 - .3g H per day which really isn't much at all and truthfully 90mg oxy in full 24 hours really isn't a crazy dose either so I'm happy about that. I think I will end up using around 45mg 3x per day or maybe around 150mg total per day of oxy with 0 H which isn't too bad and then I can start reducing that from there down to a more tolerable level. Once I get down to 50-70mg/day total oxy (based on how I feel), I will most likely try to come off using subs from there to cut it completely. It should be much easier switching to subs at the much lower dose than from using 1g H per day. If it doesn't work, then I will simply go back to taking the oxys and continue to taper even lower until its damn near 0 and I will allow time for my body to reset and get used to each lowered increment. Can't rush this process.

Thank you for your response!

Hey there just wanted to say I always get the most lethargic iv ever been in my life when I try coming off of oxy
Iv never tried H and am glad about that but iv tried to swap/taper my oxy to weaker opiates and even morphine won’t take away the crave for ox so iv kind of reserved myself to the fact il probably be on them for the rest of my life or they stop prescribing them to me
Whichever comes first
Yes, when I first transitioned to Oxy, the first 2 days were terrible. Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, it was bad...but every day since has gotten better and now I am sleeping full nights and eating plenty of food. The oxys definitely prevent withdrawls although I'm not too fond of their effects. It's not really something I like but they definitely work to keep me functional for the day.

Yes, every day does seem a bit better and easier to cope. I've actually taken it slow and still at the 30mg 3x per day with a little H throughout the day as well. I will be upping the oxy soon while reducing the H even more to virtually none and hoping I can remain stable. I am taking it slow and letting my body full adjust to each point. It feels good using only .2 - .3g H per day which really isn't much at all and truthfully 90mg oxy in full 24 hours really isn't a crazy dose either so I'm happy about that. I think I will end up using around 45mg 3x per day or maybe around 150mg total per day of oxy with 0 H which isn't too bad and then I can start reducing that from there down to a more tolerable level. Once I get down to 50-70mg/day total oxy (based on how I feel), I will most likely try to come off using subs from there to cut it completely. It should be much easier switching to subs at the much lower dose than from using 1g H per day. If it doesn't work, then I will simply go back to taking the oxys and continue to taper even lower until its damn near 0 and I will allow time for my body to reset and get used to each lowered increment. Can't rush this process.

I wish I'd gone slower, but it's done now. I was conscious of trying to get it 'over and done with', while this covid stuff meant I had nothing much going on in my life. Not sure if it was the best plan, but my head is so much clearer ready to work again.

I wish I'd gone slower, but it's done now. I was conscious of trying to get it 'over and done with', while this covid stuff meant I had nothing much going on in my life. Not sure if it was the best plan, but my head is so much clearer ready to work again.
So you are down to 10mg oxy at night? Are you using long acting OP's like I am or other oxys? Can you elaborate how you got down to 10mg so fast?

Thank you!

So you are down to 10mg oxy at night? Are you using long acting OP's like I am or other oxys? Can you elaborate how you got down to 10mg so fast?

Thank you!
I wasn't on MMT, but know people who are, Methadone 50mg day to 2mg over 10 days halfing most days. The odd benzo for help but no more than twice a week. The odd bit of Clonidine FWIW. Then 30mg down to 10mg Oxy IR at night for pain over another week. I actually tried to go to nothing and couldn't handle the pain, so 5mg or 10mg at night. I have had 2 or 3 occasions using H again, but then just back to 10mg max Oxy IR. The cravings were pretty bad for a good 2 weeks but no where near as bad. Hope that helps!

I'm also on Venlafaxine SNRI so that may have helped some symptoms, but I've also had some other shit to deal with, which didn't help the process.

Oh yeh and some GHB when I really couldn't sleep.