Here we go 'round the Suboxone bush! UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenella1313

Greenlighter
I'm new to this site - be gentle.
I've just been handed a request for a UA for a new job. I take 16 mgs. of that wretched drug, Suboxone, to curb my insatiable desire for heroin. How long does it take for it NOT to show up on a drug screen? I have a 'script & a doc that will support my use with proper documentation. I do so want to be honest (the right thing to do) but it would be so much easier to just skip a dose or two & come up w/ a clean UA. Anyone out there with proven experience, not just advice. Many thanks.

Drug testing question are against BL rules. But I have no power :)

Some basic screens dont test for bupe but it could possibly throw a false positive for opioids.

It has a long half life and if you have been on it awhile, 2 days probably isnt enough time. And more and more places are testing for it whether because they know it is abusable or have some twisted moral beliefs about recovering addicts.

I am just a plain old downer for you I guess. Sorry.

Yup, we generally don't allow drug testing questions.
But to help you out a bit, most typical pre-employment urinalyses won't screen for suboxone, and it won't trigger any false positives, as it is structurally unrelated to morphine, thebaine, etc. However, if they are looking specifically for suboxone, skipping a couple doses won't cut it, as the compound has quite a long half-life. However, you're additionally safe because your sub is doctor-prescribed. Standard protocol is to provide your doctor's script (or equivalent evidence) in the event of a positive result (which like I said is highly unlikely).

ebola

Status
Not open for further replies.