• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Here we go, Methadone pills will be gone, stuck with liquid

You wanted stricter control on medication and now you got it. Your pills can be abused more easily than liquid and that's the main reason.

^Haha

You prolly should of just kicked the dope cold turkey man. Easier said than done.

You wanted stricter control on medication and now you got it. Your pills can be abused more easily than liquid and that's the main reason.

Hows that changing anything in the MMT world? Most of you guys on here say liquid and pills are the same, and it's just placebo...so how can pills be more abused than liquid if they're the same?

If you're thinking about take home methadone, even if I was still on pills and got take homes, they water down the pills in the bottle, for the matter of us patients not selling them on the streets.
So that's basically the same, watered down pills, turns into liquid, obviously. How are they more abuseable?

^Haha

You prolly should of just kicked the dope cold turkey man. Easier said than done.

Oh man, I posted many times, and in all honesty, Methadone DID save my life.

I was on pills for 4-5 years, Hydrocodone and Oxycodone taken orally, doses ranging from 80mg-200mg/daily. After the pills got too expensive, I moved on to smoking heroin, or as people call it, chasing the dragon. I smoked heroin for about 2 years. So that's 6-7 years of Powerful Narcotic abuse, you wouldn't believe how bad my w/d was, really.

This is how I looked/was feeling during w/d, sweating like I just got out the shower, pale as fuck, nausea/vomiting, puking everything out my body, after I puked everything out, I was still puking yellowish foam, that's what I call poisen trying to leave your system, I was in extreme pain, dieareah, RLS, I was literally crawling on my knees, my parents saw me like that and were like WTF, they didn't know what was going on, I finally committed to them I was a drug addict and need help, or I WILL die in less than 24 hours, because I couldn't handle not even 30 mins of that w/d. So They rushed me to the hospital, they immideiately put me on IV, because I was dehydrated to the point where I was about to pass out and possibly die, after I saw the doctor, he saw me in extreme pain, all the sweat, everything. He ordered me an IV of 3 drugs to calm me down for the night, Morphine, Ativan, and Promethazine. After I got medicated, I finally calmed down a little. The doctor told me and my parents, this is the only time I can help you with dope sickness, he told us theres only 2 ways to save my life, #1 Rehab, which there was no way for us to afford, and #2 MMT. Here I am 2 1/2 years later, still on methadone.

But let me tell you, being on methadone and not heroin, changed my whole life, I looked 100% better, gained my original weight back, all that good stuff. So I can honestly say, without methadone, I wouldn't be alive today, and I can guarantee you that. I was either going to die from dehydration, or I would've committed suicide.

my clinic just got rid of the liquid, and now only have wafers,,,and EVERYBODY AT MY CLINIC LIKED THE LIQUID BETTER

I always thought the pills would be stronger but i was COMPLETELY WRONG...so be happy if your clinic has the liquid??

I know this thread is old but fuck it, I'm gonna post anyway.

I'm in a methadone clinic that doses red cherry liquid only. For years I've heard the pills were better, then I was forced to buy some off the streets only because I spilt my dose between my washer and my dryer. I popped 8 of them (80mg / my dose) in my mouth. Then I waited and waited and waited for that recognizable methadone feeling and then finally after 3 to 4 hours... I felt it... The same exact feeling that I usually felt in 30 minutes after dosing at my clinic took 4 hours to feel. Fuck that lol.

Methadone pills take longer to kick in... so they feel like they last longer (my opinion).

It's all the same but liquid methadone is much better and faster... For me!

Enjoy your day BL!

PS... Keif', you do a really good job and you know your shit brotha!