• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Here Are 50 Marijuana Users Who Are Unbelievably Successful

spini4

Bluelighter
These guys just blew pothead stereotypes up in smoke.

Though marijuana opponents have long pointed to studies suggesting that long-term use could be tied to a lack of motivation, a sampling of successful users suggests otherwise.

Pot policy reform group Marijuana Policy Project has released a list of the top 50 most influential Americans who have used marijuana, and it's a doozy.

The list contains politicians, Supreme Court justices, entertainers, entrepreneurs and a certain leader of the free world who had a habit of “intercepting” joints as a teen in Hawaii. Some admitted only to trying the drug once or twice, while others, like Maya Angelou, reportedly “smoked marijuana with abandon.”

“The goal here is to dispel the myth that marijuana users are ‘losers’ who lack motivation, and highlight the fact that they are typically productive and oftentimes quite successful,” said Mason Tvert, director of communications for the Marijuana Policy Project, in a release. “As this list demonstrates, many of our nation’s most successful citizens have used marijuana.” Check out the slideshow and read more at: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3948855?ir=Politics

I always scowl when someone blames MJ for a person being lazy and unmotivated.. I know tons or motivated and successful pot heads.. so I hate to break it to you but the reason johnny is lazy and unmotivated isn't the pot.. johnny's just lazy and unmotivated.

Sanjay gupta eh. I knew he had to of tried it when all of a sudden he switched his stance of medical marijauna. I bet he smokes all the time now.

I love articles like this.
I can't see the slide show bc of my browser right now, but I hope Carl Sagan was on it.
I've been in to astronomy since childhood (bc of my dsd) and my dad got a chance to meet him and his favorite possession is his signed Carl Sagan picture hanging in his office :)

Nice to read articles like this after years of reefer madness, false stereotypes and stories.

It was like they made everyone hide and if they found you you got in trouble then "see what it does". The fake veil is crumbling.

I always scowl when someone blames MJ for a person being lazy and unmotivated.. I know tons or motivated and successful pot heads.. so I hate to break it to you but the reason johnny is lazy and unmotivated isn't the pot.. johnny's just lazy and unmotivated.

Yea I agree. I smoke weed and I am lazy and unmotivated but I was lazy and unmotivated long before I started smoking weed. It's just a personality trait really.

Many successful people use weed. Most hide it.
It is becoming more and more acceptable, however.
But other drugs still carry a great stigma.
So silly, but you can't admit to having tried ayahuasca or heroin or PCP and still be represented in such a way in the mass media.