• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hemp supplements for beneficial mental and physical effects: different from CBD? Worth trying?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I know we can't mention vendors, but I came across one site where they are selling hemp supplements (mainly powder that you swallow with a scooper) and marketing them as being specifically different from just CBD. I've never gotten almost any noticeable effects from CBD, but it would be nice if I could, and this site tries pretty hard to convince people that there is a difference between their product and regular CBD (of course they want to sell it...)

The site says this (I have removed the mentions of the vendor):

"***** is not a CBD product!

CBD is one of the components in *****, but we also maintain the naturally produced CBG, CBC, and Terpenes of the plant. All of these ingredients work synergistically to further boost the beneficial properties of hemp.

If you imagine hemp as a car, the CBD will be the engine. It’s important but without the body (CBG), wheels (CBC), smaller parts (terpenes), and the fuel (our PATENTED process), the car cannot properly function.

Unlike other hemp and CBD products, users can actually feel the positive difference when trying **** due to entourage effect."

They then say this about the "entourage effect":

"The "entourage effect" is the positive feeling derived from the addition of terpenes to the effect of cannabinoids. These components work synergistically to achieve the maximum pharmacological effect. By incorporating different cannabinoids and terpenes naturally found in hemp, ***** gives a greater entirety of effect to the user."

So...is this legit or bullshit? Cause this company is claiming that their hemp products are good for all kinds of stuff like anxiety, depression, brain fog, better sleep, lower cortisol, improves recovery time from exercise and other stressors, lower inflammation, etc. I have anxiety and depression, so if it potentially works it could be worth trying.

Here is what they say in response to the question"Why didn't I feel anything when I tried CBD products?":

"Without the CBG, CBC, and Terpenes of the plant – the positive effects of hemp is greatly diminished and the CBD is wasted.Many greedy companies do not tell you this, and flood the shelves with falsely marketed “CBD Products” that simply do not work. We at ***** are so confident in our patented process, that we are willing to give you a full refund if you don’t feel better in 1 week."

So, are these claims legit? Has anyone tried products like this and, if so, did you find it had benefits that were different and more noticeable than from typical CBD products?

Sounds like BS to me, probably not much different from something like an ~80% CBD distillate

There's a ton of hemp biomass on the market that people are constantly trying to offload in new, creative ways

I do want to add my thoughts on this

For nearly 10 years ive used CBD products (and consumed THC weed) On and off
Something i dont like about the whole Isolates this, Isolates that is that it almost seems as though they too out some parts of the plant and try to sell it back to consumers 1 cannabinoid at a time.

Ive consumed a fair bit of CBD isolate products I actually always have CBD isolate to hand and what i will say is that when used alone, CBD isolate appears to have very little effect on me at all, but if i say vape a a tiny bit of THC flower with some isolate i really notice more effects from the CBD so there is definitely some sense in the entourage effect,
However it does just sound like another case of them trying to sell back what they have removed simply to make profit

Sounds like BS to me, probably not much different from something like an ~80% CBD distillate

There's a ton of hemp biomass on the market that people are constantly trying to offload in new, creative ways
No doubt. The Chinese are growing regular weed and spraying it with distillate and liquid flavors"synthetic terpenes" & labeling the bags as mango or bubblegum to name a few. This is more of a west coast thing but people are buying it all over who do not know the new game. I've seen the buds and they are nothing to brag about but do smell real fruity. I don't trust any growers except from Maine. Small batch exotics and old school strains. The best way to go is homegrown exotics.

I do want to add my

For nearly 10 years ive used CBD products (and consumed THC weed) On and off
Something i dont like about the whole Isolates this, Isolates that is that it almost seems as though they too out some parts of the plant and try to sell it back to consumers 1 cannabinoid at a time.

Ive consumed a fair bit of CBD isolate products I actually always have CBD isolate to hand and what i will say is that when used alone, CBD isolate appears to have very little effect on me at all, but if i say vape a a tiny bit of THC flower with some isolate i really notice more effects from the CBD so there is definitely some sense in the entourage effect,
However it does just sound like another case of them trying to sell back what they have removed simply to make profit
You make a great point. I see the strains the pot shops got and they are ill in my opinion. Where is the real old school medicine? I'm taking about flower such as Hindu Kush, Purple Afgan, pre 2012 sour diesel, purple barney, super skunk, hash plant, lamb's breathe, fruity pebbles pre 2014, white widow pre 99, and other strains. Why are these medical strains not around unless you grow them? The dispensaries around here you can't even look at the buds or smell them in the jar! What is up with that? I grew some bubba cheesecake from a clone a friend gave me. It turned out better and cleaner than any shop strain. The difference in corporate cannabis vs. small batch organic grows.

As said above, CBD with a little THC is quite a bit different than CBD alone.

A year or so ago I bought some THCA isolate and put it on some regs, so basically I had mostly just THC pot. It was good and all, but not as good as I expected in some way. Adding CBD, both orally ahead of time and also added to the smoking mixture, changed it a lot and definitely made it better.
I also noticed positive changes adding CBC and/or CBN to the mix.
So, the entourage effect is real.

However, unfortunately, you don't know what these vendors of legal cannabinoids are actually selling you. There are a few good companies that you can maybe trust and quite a damn few who are fly by night. I wouldn't exactly trust the above if I read it.

Somewhat related story alert:
Years ago, a friend told me that I could cure a chronic ailment of mine by giving up diary. I eat and ate a lot of dairy.
So, I did it. Changed my habits quite a bit and bought a lot of almond milk and the like.
I did feel better, noticeably but only somewhat better. It did not cure my ailment.
Thing is, I was told it would hugely change my life for the better. It would cure what ailed me, do my taxes, and wash my car.
It didn't.
Wasn't worth giving up dairy, actually. I'm drinking my skim milk to this day now.
So, something can be true and be way overblown.. usually to sell a product.

I'd rate this ad along those lines.