• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Help

Methadone is it compatible wit Xanax?

How much Xanax for first time. I'm 50kg. Depression anxiety and suicidal

I used Xanax all the time before before I was on methadone and during. Some people say the combination gets you a more euphoric high or that it can be dangerous to mix them but I didn't feel a difference while on methadone, the xanax just worked the same way it always had. I WAS taking it with oxy before the methadone, though.

I'm 48kg and for the first time 0.5mg is the perfect amount. 1mg would be too much and 0.25 would feel a bit underwhelming. After a long period of not using it I always use 0.5mg when I start again. Since we're very similar sizes that should work well for you, too. If you want to be *really* sedated and nodding maybe take 1mg but DEFINITELY no more than that.

Gentlemen, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well and yes, I get that this is a massive existential understatement, but I do mean it. You might find this hard to believe, but I too have struggled my entire life with depression/anxiety along with intermittent thoughts ranging from "I would be better off dead" to "I wish I was dead" to "I'm killing myself right now", so while I would never venture to speculate on the extent of another's pain, we have a lot in common. I too am an Opioid user with the usual accompaniment of poly-substance-tomfoolery. Who knows, we might even become pen-pals or something. I've got a lot of free time this week so try me.

If you would like to talk about how you're feeling, you can always send me a private message, but if you just want the straight-up advice on your drugs, I need more information. While your weight is definitely a factor in determining dosage, it's really quite a small one. What is more important is knowing what your tolerance to and experience with Methadone/Opioids is along with your history with Benzo's. We cannot make an accurate determination without this information.

In the best of circumstances, Methadone and Benzodiazepines tend to be disproportionately problematic. Methadone possesses a major potential for respiratory depression, even relative to other Opioids. If this is your first time with both or you're unfamiliar with Methadone in general, we definitely need to talk about this, because there are many potential pitfalls involved for the uninitiated user.

I’m just gonna come out and say Xanax is not going to help you long term, it is only gonna make things infinitely worse. Xanax is great for short term anxiety relief and panic attack relief.. but ultimately it is terrible and no solution to depresssion.

Benzos produce rebound and anxiety once they wear off, essentially making the problem worse over time,

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way my friend, but I don’t believe Xanax is a good idea.