• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

help

bobbymeister

Greenlighter
I just took 10 mgs of diazepam in pill form for the first time in my life and have read a very good bunch of positive feedback on the effects of the drug. 12 minutes after i took it i smoked one cigarette. My question is what to expect, when will it kick in and how long does it act for etc. Thanks upfront.

Welcome to Bluelight :)
I'll move your thread over to Basic Drug Discussion
To answer your questions:
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine, so it's anxiolytic, sedative so it can make you sleepy, can lead to disinhibition, might have some muscle relaxing effects and it's an anticonvulsant, but if you're looking for euphoria it's most likely the wrong class of drugs
It should kick in after 30-60 min
For some people the duration of action is relatively short while others report still feeling some effects the day after

Guess the question is did you use it for medicinal or recreational purposes?

I just take it out of desperation due to everyday stress and want it to be effective but i am very disappointed by now...

Perhaps you're expecting too much. Also, I don't understand the significance of smoking a cigarette - that won't make any difference to the effects. Diazepam and benzos in general can be very good at relieving anxiety, but you don't really 'feel' them as such - it's more about what they stop you from feeling. Having said that, as you're a novice user who's suffering from stress, I would expect you to be feeling a sense of calm washing over you quite soon. If not, they could be duds.

Perhaps you're expecting too much. Also, I don't understand the significance of smoking a cigarette - that won't make any difference to the effects. Diazepam and benzos in general can be very good at relieving anxiety, but you don't really 'feel' them as such - it's more about what they stop you from feeling. Having said that, as you're a novice user who's suffering from stress, I would expect you to be feeling a sense of calm washing over you quite soon. If not, they could be duds.

I'm no expert but I agree with the above plus benzos don't really have a depression relieve as it other properties..

Is actavis a trustworthy company in regards to the active components they use to make their tablets with?