• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

help

jasons74

Greenlighter
I'm going through withdrawals from h I got 2 1/2 subs I need a taper please

Take a quarter I'd do it sublingually notice it lasts longer (around 2mg) snort if it lasts the same for you.
This WILL stop your rattle, not the anxiety part unfortunately.
and if it doesn't then take another 1-2mg.
If you can get through the day with 4mg do 4mg next day then cut down to 3mg next day then down to 2mg and so on, either cut down everyday or every couple days but since you wanting to taper off quickly id cut down everyday will be uncomfortable but not as uncomfortable as about dieing.
I was skeptical once had took high doses of oxycodone and morphine for week straight whilst already having a morphine habit, I then had to go a day without em as took too many I found a 2mg sub took it sublingually and felt a slight rattle but wasn't being sick or anything.
However the next morning around 24hours after the sub I felt shit but switching from a morphine straight to sub isn't all that easy, stops the sickness and restless legs but not the anxiety and cravings as much.

^ what hezza said, and bear in mind that a taper isn't gonna be the most comfortable of experiences but as long as your not in full blown wd then stick to it.
shortest taper i ever did was with 2x2mg subs and i was finished in five days

2x2mgs that's rough I did 4mg earlier and it's been 3hrs and I'm not feeling that great I believe most of it is in my head. I'm trying hard not to eat the other two cause that's all I have I need to stretch them out. But if you know about addiction it's rough I keep staring at them I truly want to stop but I'm a baby with the withdrawal

First..that's just your opioid cravings saying take the other two. There is no way you need to take 20 mg of sub. And it won't get you high. Anything over 8 max is a waste.

If that 4 doesn't hold you and you truly feel *physically* sick try dosing another 2 mg. You want to be physically ok to start a taper. Not "high" but not experiencing symptoms. Shouldn't be sneezing, or eyes watering or RLS, or nausea/vomiting...you get the idea. Just mental cravings you can get past. Most important thing with cravings--remember it's just a thought. It only has power when you feed the thought and dwell on it and such...do the best you can to "change the subject" in your own brain.

Now. If you manage to be ok on 4 mg, or 6mg then continue like this:
Before bed take another 4 mg. (Unless you recently took that other 2 mg in which case take 2 more mg)

That's 8 mg for the day

Tomorrow start in the morning with 2 mg. (There will still be some from yesterday in your system)
Tomorrow night take 2 mg.

3rd day take 2 mg in morning.
Take 2 mg at night only if needed

4th day. Take 1 mg in morning.
Take 1 mg at night if needed

5th day try and skip. If you can't take then take no more than 1 mg.

6th day. Evaluate from here. If you're ok--and most people who go into detox on similar 5 day schedules are--then stop. If you really can't, take the absolute minimum you can --0.5 or 0.25.

This taper doesn't quite use every mg. That's because most of us feel better when we know we have something to take away the sickness. When we run out it's like panic time lol

Good luck. This is an example quick taper with what you have available. You can alter to suit you but stay as low as possible. And off in no more than 10 days.

I largely agree with what Keeping has had to say. I've been in a similar position as OP; using upwards of 2 grams of Heroin per day and 2mg was enough to make me functional. Don't get me wrong, there will still probably be some discomfort, but you must anticipate a certain level of discomfort for the process ahead. Make commitments to yourself. For instance, "I will take 2mg Buprenorphine and regardless of how I feel, I will not take any more for 8 hours".

The experience is going to be highly subjective, but Buprenorphine is an extremely useful aid. For reasons that I can't fully or accurately articulate, a disproportionately small amount of the drug seems to make people well. If you're dealing with full agonist Opioids, it's very black and white. You need a certain amount to relieve sickness.

I'm going through withdrawals from h I got 2 1/2 subs I need a taper please

You can taper with the subs you have by quartering them, but don't expect to be without any withdraw effects. I would grab a kit of your basics, cough syrup and a sleeping aid. You will have to tough it out. The other option would be to get more subs if you can which would probably be the best option.

If you can't, then just ride it out the best you can. Delete the dealers numbers. Go from there.

I wish you luck, post back your progress. Just have to ride it out, the worst thing you can do is waste your suboxone then go back. Just keep in mind the habit you have and what it leads to. Its important to keep this in mind. That in time, if you go back, you will have to go through the withdraw effects again.

Wish you luck.

The most important thing to remember during this time is to STAY STRONG! You can do this and it WILL end! It will be a long and hard road, but you can do it my friend. Fall on us if you need. We are here for you

"Lest they die alone, with no one by their side, are they forgiven?"

First..that's just your opioid cravings saying take the other two. There is no way you need to take 20 mg of sub. And it won't get you high. Anything over 8 max is a waste.

If that 4 doesn't hold you and you truly feel *physically* sick try dosing another 2 mg. You want to be physically ok to start a taper. Not "high" but not experiencing symptoms. Shouldn't be sneezing, or eyes watering or RLS, or nausea/vomiting...you get the idea. Just mental cravings you can get past. Most important thing with cravings--remember it's just a thought. It only has power when you feed the thought and dwell on it and such...do the best you can to "change the subject" in your own brain.

Now. If you manage to be ok on 4 mg, or 6mg then continue like this:
Before bed take another 4 mg. (Unless you recently took that other 2 mg in which case take 2 more mg)

That's 8 mg for the day

Tomorrow start in the morning with 2 mg. (There will still be some from yesterday in your system)
Tomorrow night take 2 mg.

3rd day take 2 mg in morning.
Take 2 mg at night only if needed

4th day. Take 1 mg in morning.
Take 1 mg at night if needed

5th day try and skip. If you can't take then take no more than 1 mg.

6th day. Evaluate from here. If you're ok--and most people who go into detox on similar 5 day schedules are--then stop. If you really can't, take the absolute minimum you can --0.5 or 0.25.

This taper doesn't quite use every mg. That's because most of us feel better when we know we have something to take away the sickness. When we run out it's like panic time lol

Good luck. This is an example quick taper with what you have available. You can alter to suit you but stay as low as possible. And off in no more than 10 days.
thank u I'm trying my best I don't want to die

The most important thing to remember during this time is to STAY STRONG! You can do this and it WILL end! It will be a long and hard road, but you can do it my friend. Fall on us if you need. We are here for you

Thank u I'm on day two just went to meetings all day to keep my mind off thinking stupid

thank u it's day 2 went to meetings all day so I don't think stupid

sounds like you're doing really well mate
there's nothing stupid about what you're thinking, we all get those thoughts
but we choose to rise above them
you keeping yourself busy pal? i know you've got meetings which i assume is work but i always find that videogames really take my mind off those craving, nagging 'stupid' thoughts

I'll post what I know hope it helps
I hear it's best to take 1-2mg at a time once in withdrawal until it helps. Insuffilation has a better bioavailability at up to 60%. I think most suboxone programs last from 7-11 days. Just space out your doses as much as you can and be as sparing as you can with it.
Just don't get hooked on suboxone it has its own longer withdrawal.
Half life of heroin is 6 minutes be careful.