• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

help working out tapering plan off heroin with mst and codiene phosphate

davemanchester

Greenlighter
In my possession I have 20 x 10mg mst's 150 x 30mg codiene phosphate tablets 100x codiene 30mg mixed with paracetamol. I can aquire more if necessary. Also in my possession are 12x300mg lyrica 7x7.5 mg zopiclone. Boxes off amyiltripilene and boxes mirtrazipine. Have access to diazipam and oral morph if necessary. Would really appreciate anyone's help working a tapering plan using any of the above. Thanks in advance. God bless you.

With this sort of thing it's extremely difficult to do anything beyond speculate roughly. We don't have the intimate knowledge of your tolerance and usage patterns to determine how exactly your taper should play out. In fact, even if we were managing our own detox from Heroin, it would be just as hard, as we never know the exact purity of our drugs, making it possible to make accurate conversions to other Opioids.

You really need to feel the situation out yourself. How you will do this is by initiating withdrawal and finding out how much Codeine is required to mitigate the most severe withdrawal sypmtoms. You will inevitably experience some discomfort during the experience, but if you do things right, you can get through the process with a minimal amount of suffering. I would avoid the Amitriptyline. I doubt it will do much for your symptoms.

The Pregabalin (Lyrica) is going to be a great asset. It works wonders for most people's withdrawal and has the added benefit of sharing no cross-tolerance with Opioids (that we're aware of), meaning you can use it as much as you want without having to fear an extended or reset withdrawal phase, unlike with Codeine or Morphine, other drugs at your disposal.

The Benzodiazepines will also be pretty helpful. Obviously tread lightly if you're to be consuming them with Opioids due to the potential for respiratory depression, no matter how unlikely that seems. Benzodiazepines also lack cross-tolerance with Opioids, so they're going to be pretty helpful in addressing a variety of symptoms. Restless Legs, Akathisia, Insomnia, general restlessness etc. Benzodaizepines are great for these.

The real key here is to not over-medicate yourself. You want to use just enough for you to get by and function (eat, sleep, etc.) when you need to. Could you give us some more details regarding how much Heroin you were using and for how long? I know it's not particularly useful information, but it will give us an approximation of how serious your habit is currently.

Forgot to mention im smoking a tenner bag a day approx 0.3 / 0.4. Also have propanadol beta blockers.and some prochlorperzine / anti sickness. Also can get more lyrica if needed. Thanks in advance

Thanks kief Richards. I been smoking for 4 months roughly. What would be the time scale weeks/months? I really am a novice.

Thanks kief Richards. I been smoking for 4 months roughly. What would be the time scale weeks/months? I really am a novice.

No problem Dave, we're all happy to help and feel for your situation. I do though, accept Apple Pay, Bitcoins and Heroin in return for my advice.

Given your usage history, I don't think you're going to be in for a particularly hellish withdrawal, but nothing is as subjectively experienced as Opioid withdrawal. For some, it's uncomfortable and for others it's a nightmare hellscape. I don't expect you to have too many issues as you have pretty much everything I would be trying to obtain, short of Cannabis, which I would also highly recommend. Cannabis is great for sleep as well as spurring your appetite. Anti-nausea medication I've found, will prevent your from vomiting, but usually doesn't stimulate your appetite and eating a good meal will make you feel much better.

It's great that you have access to more Pregabalin (Lyrica). Both it and/or Gabapentin (Neurontin) have been the cornerstone of my withdrawal kit for years now, ever since I discovered how totally effective they are. I'm not exaggerating when I say that up to 80% of my withdrawal symptoms are controlled by Gabapentinoids in high enough doses. They really are wonder drugs. The only caveat about Gabapentinoids is that tolerance grows rapidly, moreso than with any other substance that I have knowledge of. To maintain efficacy you need to make sure that you don't binge or overdo on these. Don't be taking Pregabalin more than twice a day and keep your doses as low as possible, otherwise you run the risk of negating its benefits.

What do you mean when you ask "What would the time scale be?" I don't understand.

Its hard to convert heroin to codeine per the reasons mentioned above. So you have to relate your habit/tolerance to a different opioid. E.g. 90mg Morphine/day or 60mg Oxycodone/day, this would convert to 600mg codeine, these figures are based on oral administration, but gives you a reference point on where to start. Also that equates to 20 pills, so you're going to want to utilize a cold water extraction.

- Hopeless Soul

Sorry not very good with words/ explaining myself. I ment how long would I need to take the opioids for. Would I get addicted to them and need to taper off them. Should I lower the dose on a daily basis. I'll get some hash and skunk. Also a box of lyrica 56 x300 mg should be enough? And 56x10 mg diazipam. Thinking of taking holidays from work .Appreciate your advice, be more than happy to buy you a pint or a box of lyrica

Thanks hopeless soul. I'll get back to the docs for some more codeine without the the paracetamol cwe worries me.

I would save all those meds until you actually stop and begin withdrawals if you really do plan on tapering. Tapering allows you to get used to a lower dose so when you stop it's not as bad.

A normal suggested taper is to reduce the amount you are taking at a time by 25% every 2-4 days. This can be slightly uncomfortable but nothing like full on withdrawals.

If you don't want to try to taper the H, you can try to switch to the pills but they will have a slower onset and you may think they aren't doing anything and end up taking more than you are now just because the change in ROA. But if you are aware that pills will take 30-45 min to kick in good then maybe you can give yourself enough time before wanting to take more. You basically want to take enough that you are a bit uncomfortable mainly because you will still have the craving that isn't satisfied, but not so little that you are getting actual withdrawals. After roughly 3 days your body should adjust to the lower amount of meds and craving shouldn't be too bad but then you want to drop down again until you can get to as low an amount as possible.

I usually get to a point where I just want to get it over with and stop when I could still go lower. Once you stop and start going into withdrawals is when you want to use most of the other meds to get thru that worst few days.

What you don't want to do is trade one addiction with another so as soon as you start to feel human again you want to start decreasing the other meds. I haven't used all of those before so someone else will have to give advise on the best way to take them during withdrawals.

Good luck! It doesn't sound like your habit was that high or long so it probably won't be too bad.