Help with xanax withdrawl

Shadowp21

Greenlighter
Hi, thank u for the help in advance.
I have been taking roughly 1-3mg xanax everyday for the past 25 days and have been drinking steadily throughout. It has been purely recreational as i get it from a friend and do not have anxiety. I really want to quit cold turkey but after doing research i realized that it is dangerous. For the last 2 days i have only taken 1.5mg and i plan on cutting down to 1mg today and the next. However i feel i need an actual taper plan or just some advice on what to do. Should i go see a doctor and ask for help? I feel it will be hard to find a doctor who wont judge me and will understand..

Thank you

Just keep tapering. You weren't on it long so it shouldn't be too hard to get off. I was on it for months and had to go cold turkey in jail. Benzo withdrawl is by far the worst makes opiate withdrawal look like a joke. I ended up in the hole covered with blood not knowing how I got there. Don't go to a dr. Just taper. A quick taper. Don't draw it out. You should be fine.

I would cold turkey it personally. I used to use 100mg of ambien a day and I didn't realize I was withdrawing. It was HORRIBLE, couldn't sleep and I would get manic episodes and became obsessed with maps and figuring out elevations. Luckily I didn't have a job at the time. When I withdrew from xanax, I was mainly anxious and moody, but I wasn't crazy. You're dosage isn't a crazy dose either, expect bad insomnia and some anxiety and mood swings the first week or two and then you should be ok in a few months. Xanax is not long acting, so it won't be as bad as withdrawing from valium or something similar.

My dosage wasn't crazy either. I was only doing 1-4mg a day. I didn't sleep for over a week and I was having some seriously wicked hallucinations and black outs in jail. Xanax is bad shit. Make your own little taper schedule and get off it for good.

I would cold turkey it personally. (...) You're dosage isn't a crazy dose either, expect bad insomnia and some anxiety and mood swings the first week or two and then you should be ok in a few months. Xanax is not long acting, so it won't be as bad as withdrawing from valium or something similar.

I'm pretty sure you can do that considering you haven't been using it for so long. I wouldn't prolong it any further. The withdrawal should be bearable.