• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Help with. Withdrawal Lyrica

EliseBug

Greenlighter
Im withdrawing from Lyrica cold turkey almost (200mg a day i had some extra from another bottle) I have clonazepam and some trialozam bur have a pretty high tolerance to both.
Im using tizanidin and clonodine to get through it but am afraid I’ll just have more that im addicted to by the end of the two weeks I don’t have Lyrica.

My doctor also tried to call the pharmacy but they could put it through due to state limitations.

Does anyone have any advice? I also have gabapentin but it doesn’t seem to be doing much if anything at all.

I am also having terrible anxiety not always taken care of by the zannaflex

The gabapentin should help with pregabalin withdrawal. Although gabapentin doesn't completely substitute for pregabalin it will at least cover the insomnia.

Yes^^ gabapentin should help; clonidine also should and would take care of the wild BP peaks.
Anxiety from pregabalin wds is terrible. I found two or three 5% alc. beers did help, only two or three at a time, don't drink enough for you to get a hangover that would make things worse.
Not the kind of advise a doctor would give you and probably not a proper harm reduction tip, tho

Another drug they hand out without telling people that they are addictive.
Years ago my doctor prescribed them and I had a bad reaction, said they were non addictive.
Clonidine helps me with anxiety. Be careful with using benzos for to long

Have a drink it helps the mist in pregab otherwise load up on benzos when ijumo from high doses of pregab use for months a few valiums few times acday help ur anxiety the worse be over 7 days max

Last edited:
Take 300mg of the gabapentin at a time every 30-45 minutes with a fatty snack like oil or milk. I actually prefer gabapentin to the smack-you-in-the-face of Lyrica dosing this way. Plus I get absolute mountains of it. I also used to stock pile tizanidine and got in a habit of dosing that nightly. No problems after I ran out. The gabapentin will help substantially though 1.2g/day of Lyrica is quite the habit. I can imagine you do have anxiety. I would not advise jumping on phenibut. Made that mistake before too. Had to use gabapentin just to get back off of it. Lol

I agree with the above about having a drink, they both work on the same system so should help with withdrawls.

There's no reason that gabapentin should not be working for you because It affects exactly the same receptor sites.

I agree with the above about having a drink, they both work on the same system so should help with withdrawls.
Alcohol does not work on the same receptor site as gabapentin or pregabalin.

Pregabalin does not interact with the gaba receptors that alcohol interacts with, nor the benzodiazepine binding sites on the GABA. Receptors nor the NMDA receptors nor any other receptors that alcohol binds to.

Pregabalin affects alpha 2. Delta calcium channels as well as postsynaptic delta-GABA receptors

Drinking alcohol does not help with gabapentinoid withdrawal. Been there done that

I am also having terrible anxiety not always taken care of by the zannaflex
Zannaflex is shit for anxiety.

Alcohol doesn't help with gabapentinoid withdrawal.

The literature is pretty clear that the only thing that helps with gabapentinoid withdrawal is reintroduction and then tapering of the medication.

Sorry but that's the way it is.

You're probably not going to get much relief from the benzos either.

The gaba, clonazepam and halcion will help. Gaba helps alot for lyrica wd in my experience. I would just take those 3.

Zannaflex and clonidine can be dangerous and should not be mixed together. I personally wouldnt take them as the benzos and gaba should help lots anyway

I’ve been on 300mg of Lyrica for about 2 months. I have a long history of opiod abuse so should know better.
I get that may be a relatively low dose and a short time. It’s really difficult to obtain lower dosage Lyrica but I’ve managed to get 17 x 25mg.
i keep trying to do the math . Drop down to 4x 25mg = 100mg a day ? Hope for the best . Don’t know . Any suggestions? I have access to plenty of 300mg. Is it an option to carefully open the capsule to separate two piles of 150mg and start from there ?

I take 600mg pregab 3 times a day, and on 1200mg codiene withdrawal. Stops the codiene withdrawal completely, but good luck trying to get a doc to prescribe that amount... The most is 600mg which is 200mg 3 times. Is I would be so Ill. But have no negative reaction apart from sleeping, eating and feeling amazing, but I'm trading one addiction to another. I got my prescription on the 27th and it's almost gone. Needs to be honest or ill lose my job and house. I've got no where else to go for legal advice if docs legally have to reduce me as it was them that put me on it. Drug rehab won't touch me as I'm not lucky enough to be addicted to heroin

Im withdrawing from Lyrica cold turkey almost (200mg a day i had some extra from another bottle) I have clonazepam and some trialozam bur have a pretty high tolerance to both.
Im using tizanidin and clonodine to get through it but am afraid I’ll just have more that im addicted to by the end of the two weeks I don’t have Lyrica.

My doctor also tried to call the pharmacy but they could put it through due to state limitations.

Does anyone have any advice? I also have gabapentin but it doesn’t seem to be doing much if anything at all.
200 a day, I'm on 1800ng.
600 from docs, 1200 from a friend that gives them to me afraid what docs going to say, as drug rehab refused me ax they don't deal with prescription meds. But jobless heroin addicts are OK. I started 900mg pregabalin, told 12 yeaes ago it's not addictive.. But 900mg stops 400mg codiene 4 times a day, don't think I should say anything, but if I don't, I won't get help

I’ve been on 300mg of Lyrica for about 2 months. I have a long history of opiod abuse so should know better.
I get that may be a relatively low dose and a short time. It’s really difficult to obtain lower dosage Lyrica but I’ve managed to get 17 x 25mg.
i keep trying to do the math . Drop down to 4x 25mg = 100mg a day ? Hope for the best . Don’t know . Any suggestions? I have access to plenty of 300mg. Is it an option to carefully open the capsule to separate two piles of 150mg and start from there ?
You can empty the capsule into water and dose it volumetrically. I.e out the capsule in 10 ml of water and measure it with a syringe 1ml=30mg

Anyone ever banged that shit? I'm guessing the dosage is pretty similar to oral cuz wiki says 90% bioavailability

Thats surprising, I'd have expected the gabapentin to be of great aid, if not nearly eliminating most of the cessation syndrome altogether, how old is your supply, and are you dosing enough???