• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with sub taper

NYC2361197

Bluelighter
Hi. A little background is that I’m a 24 year old 100 lbs female and have been trying to get off opiates for about a year. Specifically pressed blue Mbox “30s” so presumably fentanyl. I kind of fell back into a cycle of a week of consecutive use, a few days off, two weeks of use, a few days off etc. The off periods have gotten tougher. Most recently I took about two days off and it was really really shitty.

I want to get off for good and want to do a sub taper. I know transitioning to subs can be a gamble with fentanyl because it’s stored in the fat cells etc but my question is, how long after would be a safe amount of time for me to wait to take a sub to avoid PWD. What factors would affect that? Will the subs for sure help with the fent withdrawal? I’m nervous :/ thanks

I hear people recommending 72 hours for fentanyl.

I haven't any experience with fent myself, but I'd wait until you're in full withdrawal and take 0.2mg or so as a test. If it makes you feel a little better, take a bit more, if it makes you worse, wait another day.

Trying to transition from daily fentanyl use to suboxone and then taper off. Since fentanyl remains in the fat cells And therefore requires a longer wait period to avoid PWD, would it be a good idea to first transition to real oxycodone until the fent is out of my system (72 hours?) and then jump from real oxy to subs since I would only have to wait about 24 hours? Thanks!

Hey I'm gonna merge this with your other suboxone thread in Health & Recovery. All the best!!

Yes that would be a much better transition IMO.

I'd suggest staying on the Oxy for 4-7 days and then just take Buprenorphine for like another 4 days and then stop taking everything all together if your goal is to become Opioid free. That will allow for a less harsh withdrawal then from straight Fentanyl.