• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Help with psychological MDMA addiction?

Kajeybby

Greenlighter
I know I have a psychological addiction MDMA. What are the best ways to curb an addiction like this? Feeling the need to be on it to be normal and happy..Feel free to ask specific questions. I just wanna get to the bottom of this..It's been plaguing me for the past two years.

The best thing I know of is just to wait until you're ready to quit. That's the most effective and painless way.

the next draught, mCPP pills. nuff said.

No, just j/k-ing. Why don't you tell us a bit more about how much you're using, what are the triggers, and what have you done to cut down how often you consume?

Well the best ways to curb an addiction is to STOP. I'm not aware of your situation but if you are abusing mdma (more than once a month) it's best to quit. It will catch up to you.
That being said if you can control yourself to roll every 3-4 months mdma can be a beautiful thing.

Darling, if treating an addiction (psychological or physical) were as easy as coming on a forum and someone telling you a step by step guide from strangers, there would certainly be pretty much no addicted people in the US.

You can either stop, cold turkey, because you recognize that it's an issue, which works perfectly well for some people, or you can get a workbook on addiction in a book store and start working through some of your issues independently and learn about addictions and how they work, or you can get set up with a drug and alcohol counselor. An addiction to MDMA is just like any other addiction and should be treated as such.

I'm personally a fan of reading about addiction (Realm of the Hungry Ghosts is an amazing book) and doing independent work through workbooks (there are many, go on Amazon or to a bookstore), it can be very helpful for people who are just starting out and who can't afford a counselor! But if there's any way at all that you can afford one, or secure some funding for one, there will be 1 million and one things they can teach you that random peeps on the internet can't!

Treat this like a typical addiction and start doing your research, friends- there's a lot out there on the internet nowadays that's high-quality! Good luck, I hope you can get a handle on it- the first step is admitting there's a problem, so you're one step down :)

Read the LTC thread... That should inspire you to cut back your abuse.

Take a break from MDMA. Obviously, this is what needs to be done and although you may not want to it's the only option. If you don't either quit or take a break you will heighten your tolerance so much it's not a drug anymore. You will feel guilt every time and eventually feel the depression from excessive use. Treat the drug kindly, try not to abuse it.
Keep away from friend groups who use it regularly. I can be tempted to use the drug when opportunities arise but sometimes you have to draw the line and say no. When I have used recently I avoid people I know will want to take it with me. Be open to quitting completely if you are addicted to the drug.

When I was 16 I developed a psychological addiction to every drug (Except weed???), I wanted to be high 24/7. I pretty much just grew out of it. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever and you're going to get an intense array of side effects and problems associated with usage, and you'll just, get bored of it.