• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Help with my opioid tolerance need advice

FrankiesCloud

Bluelighter
I'm here today because I'm having problem with my opioid tolerance I've been on buprenorphine methadone hydrocodone oxycodone and morphine over the past 8 years to help me find something to control my pain I recently changed over to half hydromorphone half oxymorphone and that seems to be working a lot better I don't go into opioid withdrawal nearly as fast as I did on oxycodone is there any tips for keeping your tolerance low I'm already taking Naltrexone 1 MCG a day I was told that it's supposed to lower your opioid tolerance haven't really noticed it yet was wondering if anybody had any advice

I found oxycodone caused withdrawal out of proportion with it's analgesic properties. There isn't a simple answer. If you NEED that amount of analgesia, their are opioid-sparing drugs but as yet, no strong opioids that do not cause dependence. I note that when changing between opioids, tolerance isn't 100%. In the UK, when swapping between 2 strong opioids, the initial dose is 50% lower than equipotant.