• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

help with my application to the following course...

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
08-03-2011 22:01
Hello there guys, i dunno if this is the correct section to be posting in but i am looking for help with my application to the fallowing course...

Ever since a few years ago i have had a very keen interest in chemical testing such as NMR analysis, Marquis Testing and HPLC testing.. i was looking around for a college course which i could expand my knowledge.. i want to learn how to custom synthesis and i have a very keen interest in drug development and creation of new drugs..

I have never applied for college or anything like this i was just looking for help with my application

Here is information about the course

HNC Biomedical Sciences

This programme of SQA HN units covers subjects such as Chemistry, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, DNA, Human Body, Human Metabolism, Biomedical Pathology and Investigations, Immunology, IT, Statistics, Presentation Skills and Quality & Health & Safety. In addition to the theoretical aspects of the chemistry and biological components this programme offers the opportunity to develop practical skills and experience in techniques such as HPLC, spectrometry and gel electrophoresis.

Thanks very much if you post as i appreciate it greatly

I'm not sure where we could house this, but your putting it in DS seems the best for you (though, not the DS forum, really).

I'll bounce this thru ADD, E&C, and AusDD, then back to DS to see if we can get you some help.

If you want to get into it in depth, you're looking for analytical chemistry I/II, usually chem 210 and 211 or something like that. Usually the prereq is gen chem.

My mother works at a hospital and says that they make really good money.

The kind of job I want is to fix machines, like CAT scans, MRI,.. and all the other beeping noises you hear in hospitals..

thanks very much admin im hope someone can :)

Universities should produce Simplified Prospectus for all programs, like for mutual funds, describing among other statistics, the risk of not finding a job after graduation, to help your investment decision in education. Most graduates without a job ended up that way because the risk was not properly explained to them.

What is going on right now is called common crime, and the ones perpetrating it should be judged and sentenced.