• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with klonopins

JustBlaze420

Bluelighter
So I have the red klonopin tablets they are .5mg each

The first night I took 2mg , around 9pm , ended up sleeping through work and got up at 11am , phoned into my boss and made up an excuse and luckily he let me off the hook because I am generally a good employee

That same day since I had nothing to do I took another 3 mg ....and fell a sleep again !!!

So later that night since I had slept most of the day (felt like a waste) and I had work again in a couple of hours I took another 1.5mg mg however this time I was able to get up to go to work on time!!

Today I feel less cranky .. and all around in good spirits , but I cant help but feel like I misused these since all I got out of it was sleep!!

Dont get me wrong part of the reason I acquired them was to aid with insomnia but I also wanted to feel some happiness and good vibes in the process...

Some steps I'm going to take is only take them before bed now or at least after 6pm ..that way I dont waste the entire day sleeping

Any other suggestions ????? Should I lower my dosage ???

I am completely new to benzos btw I also recieved them on the black market for more then its market value, I know that for sure, so I want to make the most of it, because I feel like this is something that could really help me ...take the edge off of things

Thanks for any replies!!!

Last edited:
2+ mg of Klonopin is a pretty heavy dose, especially if you are new to benzos. Therapeutic doses are .5 - 1mg. No surprise that it just knocked you out.

2+ mg of Klonopin is a pretty heavy dose, especially if you are new to benzos. Therapeutic doses are .5 - 1mg. No surprise that it just knocked you out.

I appreciate the reply

I blame myself, but I also blame some bluelighters for spreading misinformation , I remember reading in a thread somebody said "2mg is a good dosage for a beginner "

And that maybe be true for some people however its completely false for me but I guess everyone is different

I do suffer from anxiety and stress and there are some weeks where I average half an hour of lousy sleep a night ,

So this is a like a godsend to me and the last thing I would want to do is abuse it

I'll try 1.5 mg today and then I'll take a break on the weekend and on Monday go to .5 or 1mg

Last edited:
The problem with klonopins is that it takes so long to kick in so its prone to keep people redosing, but once you do poof its lights out

The benefit is that the duration is very long , so today even though I'm not "high" my mood and overall depression is very stable

Last edited:
I...well, got addicted to klonopins.

Don't take them longer than two weeks or so man.

you'll end up taking them for 9+ years and counting like I have. I mean, that's assuming that you don't get addicted to them, but they're notoriously easy to get addicted to / become dependent on.

When I was new to benzos my doctor started me at .5 klonopin at night after dinner. Slowly over 7 years (he didn't prescribe them the 1st year I was a patient) we went up to 2 mgs. If I had taken 2 mgs in the beginning I would have slept all day! I usually take 1.5 mgs because he gave me the extra .5 mg for bad days. I take .5 at around 10:00 am and 1 mg in the evening.

I shouldn't say new...I has taken benzos before but it had been several years since I had taken any so it was like starting over.

Thanks for the replies

I only time I ever felt any "relief" from klonopins was months ago when I was coming down off of meth ..otherwise when I take them straight up sober I dont feel any sort of exhilaration like I was hoping ..

I might have shot myself in the foot by immediately starting with a high dose (2mg) and then (3mg) the next day oh well that is my mistake and hopefully people learn from it

I do believe it has theurapautic values if you follow it correctly especially as a sleep aid and if you are dealing with stress

These things do take awhile to kick in unlike other benzo's so I'm not going to completely right them off

I...well, got addicted to klonopins.

Don't take them longer than two weeks or so man.

you'll end up taking them for 9+ years and counting like I have. I mean, that's assuming that you don't get addicted to them, but they're notoriously easy to get addicted to / become dependent on.

This kind of advice bugs me.

Like, no offense, cause that might be smart advice in terms of not getting dependent and I know you mean well, but what if you NEED it like me??

The first time I was ever prescribed Klonopin and found out how much it helped me and I was able to go out in public, after a few weeks the psychiatrist was like "yeah, I have to take you off it now cause the way it's supposed to be done is only a few weeks till your SSRI takes effect"

I'm like "my SSRI doesn't make my fucking anxiety go away!! NO, you aren't taking me off it!!"

That kind of conventional thinking is bullshit cause some people need benzos.

So I ditched him and found a new psych who was willing to prescribe them.

I get really bad social anxiety, so I've been on Klonopin for nearly 15 years and everyone is like "oh my god that's SOOO horrible!!" but I tried to get off for 9 months and my anxiety came back and I couldn't deal.

I'd rather be dependent on it and be able to go out in public without worrying all the time about whether or not everyone is staring at me than vice versa.

As for what is a high, low or moderate dose, I feel that 1mg or lower is a low dose, that 1.5--2.5 is a moderate dose, and 3 or higher is a heavy dose.

I would not consider 2mgs a REALLY high dose, but it's on the higher side, like on the higher end of moderate, and it's DEFINITELY a high dose for someone without a tolerance that's for sure. No one should be starting on a dose higher than 1mg, and usually they should start with 0.5mgs.

Honestly, even when taken off Klonopin for 9 months, and I mean they did a SHITTY job at tapering me, such a bad job that the doctors should have gotten in trouble cause I don't think they followed proper protocol, but I BARELY had what would constitute a real taper, and I got ZERO withdrawal effects.

However, I know I'm the exception.

Of course benzos are very addictive, but lets face it, some people need them, and if you need them like I do, it gets annoying to hear everyone tell you how you should quite them ASAP, that everyone is better off without them, etc.

Sometimes the benefit outweighs the cost.

No one knows what it's like to be in anyone else's shoes if they have anxiety symptoms they can't deal with that a benzo helps with.

I just think people are too judgemental about benzos these days.

If someone needs them, then try to understand that maybe there's a reason, and maybe if they are willing to risk the dangers, then it's because they have some problems that are worth the cost.

Last edited:
This kind of advice bugs me.

Like, no offense, cause that might be smart advice in terms of not getting dependent and I know you mean well, but what if you NEED it like me??

The first time I was ever prescribed Klonopin and found out how much it helped me and I was able to go out in public, after a few weeks the psychiatrist was like "yeah, I have to take you off it now cause the way it's supposed to be done is only a few weeks till your SSRI takes effect"

I'm like "my SSRI doesn't make my fucking anxiety go away!! NO, you aren't taking me off it!!"

That kind of conventional thinking is bullshit cause some people need benzos.

So I ditched him and found a new psych who was willing to prescribe them.

I get really bad social anxiety, so I've been on Klonopin for nearly 15 years and everyone is like "oh my god that's SOOO horrible!!" but I tried to get off for 9 months and my anxiety came back and I couldn't deal.

I'd rather be dependent on it and be able to go out in public without worrying all the time about whether or not everyone is staring at me than vice versa.

As for what is a high, low or moderate dose, I feel that 1mg or lower is a low dose, that 1.5--2.5 is a moderate dose, and 3 or higher is a heavy dose.

I would not consider 2mgs a REALLY high dose, but it's on the higher side, like on the higher end of moderate, and it's DEFINITELY a high dose for someone without a tolerance that's for sure. No one should be starting on a dose higher than 1mg, and usually they should start with 0.5mgs.

Honestly, even when taken off Klonopin for 9 months, and I mean they did a SHITTY job at tapering me, such a bad job that the doctors should have gotten in trouble cause I don't think they followed proper protocol, but I BARELY had what would constitute a real taper, and I got ZERO withdrawal effects.

However, I know I'm the exception.

Of course benzos are very addictive, but lets face it, some people need them, and if you need them like I do, it gets annoying to hear everyone tell you how you should quite them ASAP, that everyone is better off without them, etc.

Sometimes the benefit outweighs the cost.

No one knows what it's like to be in anyone else's shoes if they have anxiety symptoms they can't deal with that a benzo helps with.

I just think people are too judgemental about benzos these days.

If someone needs them, then try to understand that maybe there's a reason, and maybe if they are willing to risk the dangers, then it's because they have some problems that are worth the cost.
Perfectly put... anxiety is a bitch, my doc just switched me from my xans to kpin an idk if I?m digging it...