PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help with identifying my cactuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

kridan

Greenlighter
Hello guys! I have a newly found hobby, growing cactuses! And i just remembered that some cactuses do in fact contain mescaline and other active alkaloids!
So i thougth maybe you guys could help me out identifying these kaktuses for me?
I have done plenty of research myself but since im a nooby in this field i would like the opinion of someone more experienced!

So here comes the pictures: http://postimg.org/gallery/2ci4m0lgc/

Thanks in advance guys, BTW yaaaay congrats to me for 1st post! %):D8)

Hey welcome to BL and PD :)

Nice that you are growing cacti, and indeed some are psychoactive.. however it was quite a longshot to hope that random cacti would be psychedelic, and I recommend that you don't be eating any cactus that was not acquired with known identity of species.
So just get cacti like Peyote or San Pedro or Peruvian Torch knowing they are the right kind.

We don't really allow IDing threads either is what I can tell you for future reference.. in this case suffice it to say that the closest candidate here seems the columnar cactus which *vaguely* resembles Peruvian Torch or perhaps San Pedro.. but I believe that the spines betray their unlikeness.

Hey welcome to BL and PD :)

Nice that you are growing cacti, and indeed some are psychoactive.. however it was quite a longshot to hope that random cacti would be psychedelic, and I recommend that you don't be eating any cactus that was not acquired with known identity of species.
So just get cacti like Peyote or San Pedro or Peruvian Torch knowing they are the right kind.

We don't really allow IDing threads either is what I can tell you for future reference.. in this case suffice it to say that the closest candidate here seems the columnar cactus which *vaguely* resembles Peruvian Torch or perhaps San Pedro.. but I believe that the spines betray their unlikeness.

Thanks! :D Yes indeed that would be a longshot haha, but i did not buy them only in the purpose of getting one with mescaline but also because i wanted some cactuses for my new apartment. Which one of the columnar cactuses do you mean? Since there are three, but i suppose you mean the large one`? And i am starting to think that that one is a golden torch(little to no mescaline), the one i have strongest hopes about is this one:
11650954_10153204667013311_961919069_n.jpg

Wich i would guess is a peruvian torch.

And altso i am verry sorry, i did not know that ID threads are forbidden!

Thank you verry much for your help sir/m'aam!

Who knows.. if you really wanna know, extract the harvested cactus eventually and see if it turns orange with Marquis testing reagent. :)

Unfortunately speculation does not promote harm reduction, which this forum is for. Too bad I guess, if a quick answer is all you want. I wouldn't mind if someone were to call your attention to some distinguishing features but to really confirm any ID is taking responsibility in a way that is not okay here. The Shroomery has an ethnobotany section that would be your next bet?

Actually I grow psychoactive plants (and fungi in the past as well), and cacti are on my next to acquire list. I plan on buying some peyote buttons and attempt grafting a few of them onto other plants.

Due to the speculative nature of Internet IDing and that it's against the rules, I'm going to close this. Like Solipsis said, maybe check the Shroomery for that sort of discussion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.