• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with expired Adderall XR (PLEASE HELP!)

AbusedTampon

Bluelighter
I've gotten my hands on around 60 10 Mg Adderall XR 3 years expired! I have no other options on getting my hands on some non expired Adderall, so I decided to take some and see if it worked. I took One 10 mg capsule opened it up and crunched on the beads in my mouth. 10 minutes I crushed up the beads into a good enough powder and insuffalated them. 15 minutes did the same as I did with the first with another 10 mg. (A total of 30 mg within 40 minutes) Felt a slight buzz from snorting but nothing more. An hour later, however, got a nice, regular, Adderall 'run' for the usual 2 hours. It was from the 20 mg I consumed orally, not the one I snorted, that one did almost nothing. Worked perfectly. NOW MY CONUNDRUM. I took 6 10 mg beaded capsules and crushed the beads up VERY finely and put them back in the capsules. A total of 60 mg of 3 year expired Adderall that worked a day ago (TWICE AS MUCH AS THE DAY BEFORE!). SO TODAY I took all 6 of them (I crushed them yesterday) and I waited 2 HOURS now coming up on the third hour and NOTHING not even the slightest bit of focus or euphoria. I'm 100% sure I took them and had nothing acidic or counter-stimulant'ish to eat. So what the fuck. They worked just like normal a couple of days ago, granted I didn't crush them before hand, I did it in my mouth (can that be why I'm not getting anything from these?)(AND I took half the amount I took the first time) I'm planning to take 2 more of the untouched ones and do as I did on the day they actually worked. Or should I not? I REALLY need some help I.e why they aren't working, why they did before. Is 60 mg with no tolerance too much? Was having them crushed for over 16 hours ruin them? I'm ANYONE please help.
(P.S both the first time I took them, when they actually worked, AND today I took 50 mg of tramadol, WHICH I have a 150+ tolerance for. I took it before I took the Adderall for some leg pain and to ease some little worries I have/had, 30 minutes prior to when I took the tram.) So I NEED some advice on why they worked before and not now. They were completely sealed in a dry closet drawer all 3 years. And finally, I don't need the "oh just get some non expired ones" or some simple non constructive answer. I REALLY need help on my CURRENT problem. please stay to topic, thanks guys!
(Sorry if I made some mistakes, I'm just trying to get some help A.S.A.P I have to do something important soon and I need the advice. Impute appreciated!)

(UPDATE) 3rd hour coming up and I'm feeling SLIGHT Adderall'ish euphoria but no energy, might be the tramadol I'm not 100% sure. Could it be that it's just taking A REALLY long time to kick in. I'll update if I get to the Adderall nirvana anytime soon. Oh and I just not, as I'm typing this, took 2 10 mg capsules and threw the beads in my mouth and crushed them up as best I could. Maybe they'll potentiate the first 60 mg I took 3 hours ago, and make them actually work. I'm not sure but I still VERY much need advice.

I don't think there will be any problems. Amphetamine itself is stable and the binders and fillers are mainly inorganic I'm assuming. Taking expired medications can be extremely stupid and dangerous but this is not one of those cases.

Hope so, I actually ended getting some mild euphoria and focus, but no energy weirdly enough. I think the problem was crushing them up and letting the crushed powder sit around for 16 hours, because somehow them sitting 3 years makes them useless when theyre crushed up. Sounds crazy but it's the only reason I could figure out that actually explains why 60 mg crushed powder orally did not do anything and 20 mg beads crushed in mouth did. Really fucking bizarre, but hey if all I have to do is crush the beads in my mouth, then screw it I'm not going to complain with 4 year old Adderall. Just VERY bizarre that crushing them up, no matter the amount, does nothing orally and only somewhat snorting. Really should just a Rx for Adderall IR haha

Crushed powder should be exactly the same as the beads stored whole: amphetamine doesn't go bad on a human's timescale.

Crushed powder should be exactly the same as the beads stored whole: amphetamine doesn't go bad on a human's timescale.
I thought the same exact thing, but I have no other explanation as to why the powder has no effect and the beads do. Only their age I could think would cause this. If you have any better explanation feel free but so far my research on my conundrum has gotten me nowhere. I just hope that it being in this state it won't cause any horrible side effects for its age, but, fortunately, I've heard 100% that expired Adderall is completely safe even up to my 4 year old Adderall. Just worried that if the powder is acting differently than it should, hopefully nothing else goes different than it should....(I plan to finish all 40 or so, 10 mg capsules, that need I remind you, are 4 years old, in a reasonable amount of time of course.) I'm REALLY hoping that nothing environmentally affected my Adderall for the worse, or I am fucked :-[

It could also be the typical amphetamine tolerance (e.g. you're stimulated as hell but you're just not getting any euphoria). Have you noticed a blood pressure/heart rate change after taking the beads? I can guarantee that amphetamine is still making it into your bloodstream from crushed ones just as well if not even better than the whole beads.

A lot of people have tolerance develop to certain aspects of amphetamines very rapidly, it's not unheard of to only get one or two really good intense stimulant runs before you need to either increase the dosage or just deal with a reduced amount of "rushiness".

There's also taking baking soda or Tums/Rolaids alongside the amphetamine, it certainly can't hurt as your stomach produces acid regardless of you eating food. Or try plugging the crushed beads in water solution.

It could also be the typical amphetamine tolerance (e.g. you're stimulated as hell but you're just not getting any euphoria). Have you noticed a blood pressure/heart rate change after taking the beads? I can guarantee that amphetamine is still making it into your bloodstream from crushed ones just as well if not even better than the whole beads.

A lot of people have tolerance develop to certain aspects of amphetamines very rapidly, it's not unheard of to only get one or two really good intense stimulant runs before you need to either increase the dosage or just deal with a reduced amount of "rushiness".

There's also taking baking soda or Tums/Rolaids alongside the amphetamine, it certainly can't hurt as your stomach produces acid regardless of you eating food. Or try plugging the crushed beads in water solution.
Thank you very much for the input. It makes more sense now, I did not that tolerance can build with stimulants very rapdily. And I used to take baking soda almost twice a week months ago to clean my stomach and intestines just because I have a long to process food, so I don't have any getting used to the bad taste of baking soda haha. I'm going to definitely going to try this out this upcoming morning. Do you think around 1/3 of a table spoon of baking soda mixed in some warm water drunk after, well I plan to try to take 40 mg of beads and crush them up in my mouth as the taste is no where bear as bad as some people exaggerate it to be like, and plus, for now at least, I haven't had enough time to see which method really does work the best, but for now just chewing the beads seems to be the most effective for me currently. But I am going to try new methods, but I'm waiting for the weekend, that's when I'll have the time to experiment haha and I'm definitely going to hit this thread back around 3pm east standard tomorrow and tell ya if the baking soda helped. Oh and on plugging, I've never tried so is there any advice you have on that? I've literally never had anything medical wise of course up my hole so I don't know if I'll be able to do it without at least having a general idea on it. But thank you so much, you cleared up mostly very concern I've had. And I'd really love you can hit me back about th w baking soda within 7 hours as that's when I leave for work, so I want have the info about the baking soda beforehand. Again, thanks man you're a huge help. Cheers

For the baking soda thing, half a teaspoon when you take a dose is probably fine.

Plugging it is really as simple as mixing the crushed beads with a little water in an oral syringe (5ml or less) and then shooting it up your butt. It sounds weird but it's more effective than oral administration or snorting, milligram for milligram.

For the baking soda thing, half a teaspoon when you take a dose is probably fine.

Plugging it is really as simple as mixing the crushed beads with a little water in an oral syringe (5ml or less) and then shooting it up your butt. It sounds weird but it's more effective than oral administration or snorting, milligram for milligram.
Thanks for the quick reply. And I might try plugging when my tolerance builds a little higher, but I've heard of plugging many Times just makes you sound like the most desperate junkie in the world having to resort to penetrating your anus for non sexual pleasure haha but as long as no one knows it's good. And only half a teaspoon sounds very simple, hopefully it will truly make a noticeable difference. I'm going to post the how it goes in around 10 hours or so. Yet again man huge thanks I didn't think someone would really know a lot on this, but hey surprises are great. Peace out.

Well I tried it this morning and I'm quite disappointed. I took 40 mg right after drinking down a glass of water with half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed in. I took the Adderall, chewed the beads in my mouth, yes of all 4 capsules. Planned to take 30 mg more in an hour or two. Come was ok almost felt a little faster and felt as if it was going to be a normal Adderall run, but unfortunately second hour in when I took the other 30 mg the same way just without baking soda this time, I felt so fucking tired and drowsy from the first dose. The second I didn't even feel kick in, just some mild euphoria the 3rd hour And extreme drowsiness and no speedy normal Adderall type of feeling. This state lasted nearly 7 hours an extra 2 hours thanks to the baking soda but, still I only got some mild BODY only euphoria and VERY unpleasant drowsiness, definitely worse than what I had the day before, I.e my original trip that sucked. So I don't know what to do, I'm probably going to just try to eat some more, try taking it at different Times, different intervals, smaller doses, and if need be *sigh* I'll probably plug up, if I REALLY want that speed run but for now I'll just wait until tomorrow and try some other stuff out. Still big thanks to you for actually responding haha the baking soda did help with digesting the add and keeping it going for longer, but still did not that weird state of drowzinnes/mild euphoria. If you have any other suggestions feel free to share :)
Again thanks for the input, have a great day.

Well I tried it this morning and I'm quite disappointed. I took 40 mg right after drinking down a glass of water with half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed in. I took the Adderall, chewed the beads in my mouth, yes of all 4 capsules. Planned to take 30 mg more in an hour or two. Come was ok almost felt a little faster and felt as if it was going to be a normal Adderall run, but unfortunately second hour in when I took the other 30 mg the same way just without baking soda this time, I felt so fucking tired and drowsy from the first dose. The second I didn't even feel kick in, just some mild euphoria the 3rd hour And extreme drowsiness and no speedy normal Adderall type of feeling. This state lasted nearly 7 hours an extra 2 hours thanks to the baking soda but, still I only got some mild BODY only euphoria and VERY unpleasant drowsiness, definitely worse than what I had the day before, I.e my original trip that sucked. So I don't know what to do, I'm probably going to just try to eat some more, try taking it at different Times, different intervals, smaller doses, and if need be *sigh* I'll probably plug up, if I REALLY want that speed run but for now I'll just wait until tomorrow and try some other stuff out. Still big thanks to you for actually responding haha the baking soda did help with digesting the add and keeping it going for longer, but still did not that weird state of drowzinnes/mild euphoria. If you have any other suggestions feel free to share :)
Again thanks for the input, have a great day.
There isn't anything wrong with the Adderall.

There's probably something wrong with your tolerance.

When I was on 20 mg three times a day plus 50 mg of Vyvanse, if it was less than 100 mg it wasn't doing anything, and this was IR.