• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with creating a kratom dosage taper from fentanyl

Relapz

Bluelighter
So I really have reached a point in my use where I need to stop using fentanyl. It literally is killing me and my soul and pride are entirely gone. Today should be the last day i take any, my current dose is around 1 mg 4 times a day, which is almost to the point of death.

All I could get my hands on was Urban Ice Organics Maeng Da premium XL tea capsules.

It says maximum dosage 4 capsules in a 24 hour period but the amount per capsule is 750 mg and it says nothing about being an extract.

When I used to take kratom I used to take around 7-10 grams a day. But now im dealing with a serious fentanyl addiction.

So I was thinking something like this:

Day 1 - 10 capsules
Day 2 - 7 Capsules
Day 3 - 5 caps
Day 4 - 3 caps
Day 5 - 2 Caps
Day 6 - 1 Cap

and then no more opiates, i decided not to go the suboxone route cause it made my withdrawals so drawn out last time.

Please please help me, as I need it now more than ever.

One Love

The fact that you're dealing with a hefty Opioid dependence is going to seriously complicate things. I really don't like being the bearer of bad news either, but the concensus seems to be that Kratom capsules are routinely under-powered. I'm not saying this is an objective fact, but it seems like those in the know stray away from the capsules in favor of the raw product.

You can definitely get through this though. The first thing we're going to need if we want any hope of developing a reasonable taper is a point of reference. In my opinion, we're going to need to wait until you're actually in withdrawal, then when you dose the Kratom, you will get some kind of idea for how much you will need to control your symptoms adequately.

Without any point of reference, it will be nearly impossible to predict appropriate dosages, not to mention the fact that we're not dealing with pharma-grade substances here, it's plant material with, I'm sure, widely varying levels of potency. We're here for you though. Get back to us with some information that we can work with and we will do our best to help you out!